Youtubers you dislike (rant thread)

Looks like I hit the jackpot with this thread. ^.^

But I mean, though I completely disagree with her logic, I do see the perspective that she is coming across with. She raises many valid points with what she talks about. However, she only looks at one side of the coin, and only takes about those things in a negative vantage point. So although the interpretation is technically correct, it's not well backed up, nor does it really reach out besides some ludicrus, hyperbolizing sense of feminism in video gaming. The main problem is that she deems things to be "true", and that there is not really another interpretation that can be made.

No offense to any of the female gamers here, but I just think that many feminists when they take about media in general are going a bit too far with some things. Like, not saying that all games have women treated just as well as men, but that some feminists go way too far with stuff like a women being a princess. Sorry that she is royalty. I know there was discussion about the wise men in ALTTP, and that it's bias against women because they are all men, but when OoT has many of the sages being female, they also complain because "you have to save them".

I actually found out about this because I'm doing a research paper right now for my English Composition class about how Women are protrayed in Video Games. BTW, it's actually interesting what stuff I have came across so far.

What I DON'T like about the media stuff is how there is infinitely more princesses than queens yet there are kings but rarely any princes

Honestly I'd rather have a queen who welds power than some lovely little princess beeyotch.

Baby Luigi said:
What I DON'T like about the media stuff is how there is infinitely more princesses than queens yet there are kings but rarely any princes

Well, I think it signified that they are available, and it kind of just stuck over the years. Like, you are there to save the princess, take her away from the bad guy, and then you get the girl, if you know what I mean.

With Kings, it's just seen as him being the one in charge. I mean, Twilight Princess has shown Princess Zelda to be the ruler, so it's not like saying that women in video games can't be in power, but I think it just shows that he is the ruler of them all.

Judging for that, I think they don't call them queen because then it kind of symbolizes that she has another man waiting back at the castle. Mario and Link would not save Peach and Zelda (respectively) if they found out that they already have a love interest.

Unfortunately, video games were targeted a lot at men, where the man always saves the women from the bad guy. Thankfully more and more they have been breaking that mold and making it so that it's not just the good guy - or bad guy - is a man, or that the one that is in distress is a princess or any female. But I really think that the princess thing has to do with not about authority so much as it has to do with availability.

Still, I was disappointed when I found out you were saving Sprixie Princesses instead of Sprixie QUEENs in Super Mario 3D World. A minor nitpick, at most, but still, a pet peeve I have with male dominated things. Y'know, we need more female lead designers in video games in this world.

Baby Luigi said:
Still, I was disappointed when I found out you were saving Sprixie Princesses instead of Sprixie QUEENs in Super Mario 3D World. A minor nitpick, at most, but still, a pet peeve I have with male dominated things. Y'know, we need more female lead designers in video games in this world.

I agree.

Problem is, I couldn't see Princess Peach or Princess Zelda be Queen Peach or Queen Zelda. It just seems...weird. Like, they are both in power in their games as though they are a queen, but their names are just not a Queen.

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but don't you have to be married in order to become a Queen/King? Like, I felt like that was a rule of thumb for royalty. Which would easily explain why they are in power without them having that Queen status.

No, the title of "queen" is hereditary. There are some queens in history that don't have kings. Take Queen Elizabeth

I think.

But I think Queen Zelda or Queen Peach sounds odd because you aren't used to it. If that was the norm instead, I bet you would have no issues with it.

Xerneas said:
Mario and Link would not save Peach and Zelda (respectively) if they found out that they already have a love interest.

They would let Hyrule and the Mushroom Kingdom go to shit because they couldn't be in monogamous relationships. Makes sense.

Baby Luigi said:
No, the title of "queen" is hereditary. There are some queens in history that don't have kings. Take Queen Elizabeth

I think.
Yep, whilst the queen is married, her husband is called Prince Phillip rather than King Phillip

Although I think a lot of criticism at her is because people don't get the point of the videos. It's not Women vs Videogames, it's TROPES Vs Women in videogames. She's not talking about how females are portrayed in general, she's looking at common tropes that often apply to women (eg the Damsel in Distress), explaining how some videogames use these tropes, and then explaining how there MAY be sexist undertones to these tropes in general. Sure, she might be stretching it when it comes to the last part, but some of what she says is right, like how she lists all the times in which the damsel in distress is used in modern games, not just in NES games.

I think people don't get she isn't saying "videogames are sexist", she's saying "videogames use common tropes that were created when people were sexist"

Although her whole section about indie games was a load of crap.

hello everybody its PEWDIEPIE stfu please i dont care if youre popular.
I also hate unboxing videos why, why why why

Baby Luigi said:
Randy Cunningham said:
there was some guy *bleep*ing about LPers wasting their time and life instead of doing something productive, calls LP fans "brainwashed zombies" and pretty much feels the need to badmouth Chugga for no reason and keep insisting that Wario's saying "The Wine Mist" and basically calls everyone.

That's pretty ironic since he's wasting his time and life too making that video

No, it's not the video's maker. It's a guy in the comments section. Has the words "shadow shrinkee" in his name and his avatar's a purple/pink star.

Also, any commenter that goes to a video they know they won't like just to bash it.

Randy Cunningham said:
Also, any commenter that goes to a video they know they won't like just to bash it.

Yeah I know exactly that. If you're Yoshi fan, why the hell are you going to a video that says, 25 Ways to Kill Yoshi? Can't you read?

I also hate down-raters.

Baby Luigi said:
Randy Cunningham said:

Yeah I know exactly that. If you're Yoshi fan, why the hell are you going to a video that says, 25 Ways to Kill Yoshi? Can't you read?

I also hate down-raters.

I bet you watch that video at least once a day. :P

Xerneas said:
Baby Luigi said:
Randy Cunningham said:

I also hate down-raters.

I bet you watch that video at least once a day. :P

Nah I prefer if they did a kill Wario thing

Jackpot!

Pewdiepie, The Annoying Orange, Smosh, Tobuscus, Zack Scott Games, SkyDoesMinecraft, The Diamond Minecart, NoahCraftFTW, SethBling, SetoSorcerer, HuskyMudkipz, Child Dolphin, TheBajanCanadian, every fucking Minecraft Let's Player fucking ever.

there are too many people who just do mc.
they really should branch out.

Pewdiepie and tobuscus
oh god they annoy me so much

actually pewdiepie is cool sometimes
but most of the time I don't like him
and tobuscus is just
ew

Back