Brawl Mod: Project M (Doesn't require hacking your Wii/Wii U!)

he'll look like he'll suck because of that disproportionally huge size. i mean look at that tail.

Baby Luigi said:
he'll look like he'll suck because of that disproportionally huge size. i mean look at that tail.

I think I saw somewhere in the thread that the tail won't be part of the hitbox (Some people actually kinda got mad at the creator of the mod apparently since his tail was a weakspot in at least some of the classic Ridley boss fights :V) so it's not like he'll be that easy to hit just because of his long tail. Though someone did suggest to make the tail a bit shorter and by Ridley's side when he's not attacking. Time will tell if the person making the mod decides to go with that though.

Idk that kind of looks slightly terrible to me.

I honestly look at him and think he's too big, so I can kind of agree with the samurai on that point now that I've seen an example of it. I get that his hurt boxes might not be that big but he just physically looks like a character that shouldn't fit in the game and that makes it look ugly in my eyes.

Though it's really just for those people that are really mad over Ridley not being playable yet. The start of the video just exuded saltiness.

Just my opinion though, I hope they finish it soon for the people who want to play as him. I'll just keep Lucario though.

yeah that mod further proves my point on why he's much more suited for a boss type character than a playable one

it's kinda like making petey piranha a playable character in smash

Project M is such a great game. I've hardly ever played games for 3 hours straight. It's hard to play Smash 4 now that I started playing PM a lot more regularly.

hmm this topic makes me wanna do project m in dolphin again

Well, I've been trying with Project M, but the game freezes on me. I suppose some music files were corrupted, though, since some of them were playing incorrectly, so I removed all my old music files, which could've been corrupted. After all, when I was at the main menu, the game froze, although the game was muted, but I suspect it was one of the older music files.

But the game freezes fairly randomly. My sister tried playing against Snake in Lylat Cruise, and the game ran for a bit before freezing. In another try, without Snake, the game ran its course (it was a special mode, a Giant free-for-all All-Star 99 stock match).

Anyone else thinks it's some corrupted files causing my game to freeze? What should I do? Redownload the entire thing, reformat my SD card, or...?

I freaking hate the buzzbleep each freeze is giving me, so I thought maybe this thread will work or...?

what the hell, the freeze is happened to ME playing the game you liar. i absolutely hated deleting all of our music files

well it freezes whenever I PK Fire Snake. Idk why, everything seems fine. I've even checked the PAC/PCS files it seems ok.

i don't think this is the right place to ask this question tho.

How could music files be a problem? Only problem with them for me is that they spaz out and start playing a corrupted version of some other song, mostly Fountain of Dreams.

Which one did you download? I usually choose the Homebrew Full-Set but maybe you should just try and redownload it.

the music files were about the only thing we heavily altered in project m (and baby luigi and common/mumenumain replacements which work flawlessly) and we had several corrupted music files.

we might need to reformat it because we heard another song bleed into another piece at the end of the song.

YoshiGo99 said:
How could music files be a problem? Only problem with them for me is that they spaz out and start playing a corrupted version of some other song, mostly Fountain of Dreams.

Which one did you download? I usually choose the Homebrew Full-Set but maybe you should just try and redownload it.
I've actually read that you might have to reformat/defrag your SD card due to these issues.

I think it's our SD card's problem, but I'd like to maybe test PK firing Snake with another SD card.

AI is horrible and can't use Ridley properly at all.
If I ever get this purple vomit in my game, the AI is going to have a hell of a time with that thing.

I am NOT replacing Pit with that thing

i finally got around to playing this a few days ago
its pretty neat, though installing it was a pain. im pretty sure its been said before but its like melee 2 which is awesome
i really like how they brought back 64 stages and my fav stage from melee, fountain of dreams

Northern Verve said:
The Fanmade PSA of Ridley has been officially been released!

For those who've always wanted to play as Ridley in Smash and/or at least curious to see how he could work. Feel free to give this a try.

Like said before this doesn't come without replacing a character. This particular one is over Pit, but if you don't mind losing Pit and like Metroid and/or Ridley. Give it a go if you can.
i think i completely skipped over it but is there a guide somewhere on how to install this
ps i have an actual iso of project m so idk if thatd be different or not

So I've been playing this from time to time again to test out mods I found (Again, the main reason I play Project M is the capability of modding without having to risk bricking or things going wrong with a homebrew channel on the Wii U. Mainly character sound mods, stages, adding more music I like, etc.)

Today though I tried out another character PSA that I think I'm going to keep like I have the Ridley over Pit. It's not quite as professionally done like the Ridley PSA and obviously was meant more for vanilla Brawl then Project M (Though I find it still works for it decently).

But it's a pretty decent Tails PSA that replaces Meta Knight.

Hey, if Knuckles is coming later. Might as well have Tails in there myself. I'll have the Classic Trio and GP you'll have less complaining from me about Knuckles being there with no Tails :P

I finally got this. Much better than Brawl. Mewtwo is great to play as. I'm also trying out Ridley and if I like it I'll keep it and if not I take him out.

EDIT: I don't know what to do to get him at all.

Mewtwo said:
I finally got this. Much better than Brawl. Mewtwo is great to play as. I'm also trying out Ridley and if I like it I'll keep it and if not I take him out.

EDIT: I don't know what to do to get him at all.

You have to replace Pit's files with Ridley's

I got Ridley. I would take him over Pit any day. I also got some alternate costumes. Chrom for Ike, Gardevoir and Gallade for Zelda and Sheik and Yveltal for Charizard.

I just saw that Lyn/Knuckles test footage thing, I'm a bit late.

I actually like that Knuckles seems to share similarities with Sonic, it gives me Falcon/Ganondorf or Fox/Falco vibes. I couldn't really tell what was going on with Lyn to be honest, but she looked neat.

Back