Kirby: Triple Deluxe

Magolor said:
I decided to stop just after World 4. I'm really liking the game so far. I'm glad they brought back every ability from RTDL, except Water, but I guess they substituted Wheel for that. I really like the Grand Wheelie's new design.

Also, I didn't have much trouble with Kracko because I had hammer and I fell into the cannon without even trying to so I evaded his mega lightning thunder attack. He should definitely be an assist trophy for Smash. Coily Rattle was just a pain in the ass. Didn't help I decided to battle him with Circus of all abilities. I don't know, but something about circus puts me off. I think its the shitty somersault where you're more likely to fall in to a pit and it barely functions as a proper attack. Bell is definitely up there with my favorites just because of how ridiculous of a concept it is, but it actually works. Archer is great too, and Beetle seems good too, although I've probably only used it twice. I hope Jet returns one of these years......

They really outdid themselves with the boss battles this time from what I've seen. I'm eager to see the final boss(es), event though I had them spoiled to me months before (I only saw the name and appearance, no battle footage at all)
Circus is a bit awkward sometimes, but in the stages I find it useful, as the fire hoop can light cannons and it plows through enemies easily. For the bosses, the Up+B and Down+B moves are pretty good in my opinion.

I'm at Endless Explosions now. I also have the wonderful Shocked Dedede keychain.

EDIT:
Just beat the game. This has to be one of the hardest final bosses out there; Masked Dedede was insane, but that might have been Beetle's problem. Sectonia's battle was crazy - I'm lucky I was able to get Ice and later Spark from her spawns. Sectonia Soul was pretty easy with Wing; I need to use it more.

Pyro said:
Circus is a bit awkward sometimes, but in the stages I find it useful, as the fire hoop can light cannons and it plows through enemies easily. For the bosses, the Up+B and Down+B moves are pretty good in my opinion.

Yeah, the Down+B is pretty good since it hits multiple times and you get added invincibility on top of that.

Anyways, I beat the game and did one level of Dededetour.

In general, I loved this game (no big surprise :sleep:). The penultimate boss fight were basically a giant callback to Superstar Ultra, obviously. I know some people don't like that but I'm perfectly ok with it. When the Masked Dedede theme kicked in, I couldn't help but just listen to it. It was amazing. The fact that he uses a giant axe is awesome as well. I beat both of Sectonia's forms with Archer, since it hits multiple targets at once. Definitely one of the harder boss fights for Kirby in recent memory. I swear I kept on getting caught in her black lightning attacks even though I tried to avoid them as best as I could. The music was amazing, although I prefer the Magolor Soul and Zero Two music compared to it, but it's definitely up there. 10/10 would definitely want a sequel on the Wii U as well as Kirby Air Ride 2.

For Dededetour, one of freaking Flowery Woods DX's is uprooting himself and throwing himself at you like a shuriken. It's insane and I actually had a bit of trouble with it (If you play it and don't instantly kill him, you'll see some of his crazier attacks). Kracko DX will be some piece of work, as will Queen Sectionia DX.

I still need to try Kirby Fighters and Dedede Drum Dash.

Kirby Fighters is a great sub-game. I hope its concept gets further explored. I think it has potential, IMO. The AI is a bit dumb, though. When you're playing single player, if you lose, you don't have to restart the whole think. I lost to Whip Shadow Kirby in Very Hard difficulty my first try, but the round restarted rather than the whole thing.

I'm in World 2. Is there a way to keep track of Super Rare Keychains? I don't want to feel I missed any without realizing it.

There is not. The game only keeps track of Sun Stones, so when you collect Rare Keychains, you'll never know which one came from which level should you happen to forget.

Bleh. I guess I'm going to look it up on GameFAQs to manually find which one I'm missing, once I nearly complete the game. Thanks, HAL labs.

Nah.

And I just fought the Kracko boss. Not too hard, but how are you supposed to avoid that screen-hitting electric attack? You guard?

You can (using Leaf (not sure how many other powers give you total invincibility while guarding)), but one of the things that comes out of him is a cannon. You get in it and get shot to the background/foreground.

So, you use the cannon to avoid the attack? I saw the cannon before, so I must've overlooked it while Kracko did that attack.

I beat Dededetour like last week but never posted because of finals and I forgot.

I liked all the new bosses, except Pyribbit DX. That boss is still crap. I hate him. Kracko DX looked really silly made out of green clouds too. Level 6 was insanely brutal though, they make you go through all the extra levels in the game and World 6 and through the boss rush as well.

Queen Sectionia DX wasn't too hard as Dedede, but goddamn Shadow Dedede. Excellent callback to both Kirby's Dream Land 3/64 and Amazing Mirror. Seeing Dark Meta Knight was also great again, even if I didn't like Amazing Mirror as much as the other Kirby games. His new theme was nice. His battle was tough as hell though, especially since I didn't know the broken mirror shards will aim at you after you break the fakes.

I wonder who the next callback boss would be? I'm guessing Dark Nebula, if they could make him not suck, but it's likely going to be Daroach or the entire Squeak Squad if they go down that pattern. Personally, I'd rather see the return of Nightmare or Zero though, since Nightmare hasn't been in a 3D game at all and it'd be neat to see that and Zero is like the main bad guy of the series.

I have also come to the conclusion that getting a Platinum on Dedede Drum Dash Extra is impossible. I've only gotten Gold and I've managed to Platinum the other 3.

If you like Kirby's Return to Dream Land, sure. If you like platformers, you should try it out. The presentation is nice.

If you dislike easy games, maybe not.

Heck yes. It's an absolute blast to play. If you liked Return to Dreamland, you'll like this one too.

ugh ninja'd

The first one in 3-1 is located in that climbing area with two mountains. Drop down, and there will be a bomb block. Break it to reveal a star and travel to the background. The door to the stone is under a cracked block.

The second one in 3-1 is on one of the Waddle Dee trains. One of them will pass by with a chest in the front. Suck it up with Hypernova.

I also couldn't find the second one until later. There's a gap in the spike ceiling in the cannon section. You then have to solve a weight puzzle to get it. Make sure to have a cutting ability.

I finally beat the True Arena but I had to go on full pussy mode and use Leaf. Took 30 minutes. :-[

I have now officially 100%ed the game.

Dat Sectonia Soul tho...

I can't beat Sectonia Soul. I've gotten all the way to 1/3 of her health down and got knocked into a pit. It was crushing.
Also, question - what of Kirby Fighters and Dedede Drum Dash do you have to complete for 100%?

You need to use all 10 powers of Kirby Fighters and you need to beat all levels of Dedede Drum Dash for 100%. The medal doesn't matter (i.e. doesn't matter if you get bronze, silver, gold, or platinum.)

I really liked the final boss. The Phase 2 music, F-L-O-W-E-R, is possibly better than 02'S THEME

Back