What makes Mario Kart so different from other racing games ( in your opinion)

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
Well I think it's whacky and stuff!

Zae said:
the fact that the entire series is pretty slow

I do agree the series has become slow since Mario Kart DS. I wish they would make them faster than Mario Kart 64 and Double Dash!! from now on.

It is the first series to have Baby Luigi playable and therefore better than any other game in existence

It is just fun. It has the kind of game of characters and items that almost never gets boring. And only one the series was horrible in my opinion, which was the DS version. The only rival to the series is the Crash Bandicoot racing games.

If your vehicle is withstanding lava, driving under water, flying through the air, getting blown up, and racing in places more dangerous than the Yungas Road in Bolivia, then you're playing Mario Kart.

One of them has Mario and the other doesn't.

Mario kart is much easier to just pick up and play. Whereas the GT series requires more forethought and strategy. Also, requires dedication, somthing I don't have, escpecially to racing games.

Don't cars and the stuff you put in count as items too though?

The racers in Mario Kart drive recklessly through a road made of rainbows whilst throwing banana peels at the other competitors, and the track marshal sits in a cloud.

WolferLufe said:
The racers in Mario Kart drive recklessly through a road made of rainbows whilst throwing banana peels at the other competitors, and the track marshal sits in a cloud.
Drivers are also somehow able to drive on Saturn's rings as if they're solid, and lava doesn't scorch their tires while they're driving on top of it.

Except for adhering to basic science rules.

Baby Luigi said:
It is the first series to have Baby Luigi playable and therefore better than any other game in existence
Better than Partners in Time?

The standard rules of racing are thrown out the window in favor of walloping people with shells.

Its silly.

You are in a kart with iconic mario characters driving on a rainbow while avoiding bananas and shooting homing turtle shells at people.

The whole thing I like about it is that its just a lot less serious, it a much different atmosphere to sit down with some friends and play mario kart rather than to play other racing games.

GD worded it perfectly:
Trucy Wright said:
The standard rules of racing are thrown out the window in favor of walloping people with shells.

I might sig this.

Trucy Wright said:
Baby Luigi said:
Better than Partners in Time?

Partners in Time is the best RPG in existence not the best game nor series it came from

Why would you disagree? It looks like you confirmed my statement.

Mario Party X said:
Why would you disagree? It looks like you confirmed my statement.

It doesn't have anything to do with Mario Kart, but is it just me or the Mario from your avatar that holds the DK toy has blood-shot eyes and a three-day beard?

Back