Unpopular opinions with video games

Mario Party Σ said:
Jack Frost said:
Kid Icarus: Uprising has the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon syndrome. The gameplay is dull, but the story is good enough to keep you going.
That sounds so broad and generic that it can apply to several other games.

Besides, Mystery Dungeon doesn't have a really great story anyway.

Explorers of Sky

None of the NES games were good. They were all lackluster, cheap, and often broken. The only OK one was Super Mario Bros. 3, but to beat that game you pretty much HAVE to buy it on the Virtual Console and spam Restore Points The SNES games are the ones that have aged well, like Super Mario World (which rivals the NSMB games) and the RPGs. The N64 games also aged well, but their problem is that some of them have much better remakes.

Jack Frost said:
None of the NES games were good. They were all lackluster, cheap, and often broken. The only OK one was Super Mario Bros. 3, but to beat that game you pretty much HAVE to buy it on the Virtual Console and spam Restore Points

2 words. Warp Whistle

But in all seriousness it doesn't take THAT long to beat SMB3 while playing through all the levels

Iron Man said:
Mario Party Σ said:
Jack Frost said:
Kid Icarus: Uprising has the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon syndrome. The gameplay is dull, but the story is good enough to keep you going.
That sounds so broad and generic that it can apply to several other games.

Besides, Mystery Dungeon doesn't have a really great story anyway.

I thought the 1st one was pretty good (granted it's the only one I've played but I really like that story). Post game ruins the feel though
I like the 1st one the best too, but I don't like the ending (you remain a Pokemon; what are you, a lonely orphan?) and the post-game isn't that great.

If you know what you're doing and where to go it's not that hard.

But before then it sucks.

I've been able to beat Mario 3 (no warp whistles, all levels) with no continues.

Thanks 5-3 infinite 1UP trick

Super Mario Bros. 3 can never hold my attention

My second favorite GBA game (after Superstar Saga) is a tie between four SpongeBob games. Super Mario Advance 2 doesn't count since it's a remake of a SNES game. Mario Party Advance is bad and the only thing redeeming it is the personalities and dialogue of some characters. Unfortunately I didn't experience most of this because I was too bored with the extremely watered down gameplay to continue.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
My second favorite GBA game (after Superstar Saga) is a tie between four SpongeBob games. Super Mario Advance 2 doesn't count since it's a remake of a SNES game. Mario Party Advance is bad and the only thing redeeming it is the personalities and dialogue of some characters. Unfortunately I didn't experience most of this because I was too bored with the extremely watered down gameplay to continue.

which spongebob games? i remember spongebob titles being top notch shit. battle for bikini bottom and the movie adaption were hella dope.

Jack Frost said:
None of the NES games were good. They were all lackluster, cheap, and often broken. The only OK one was Super Mario Bros. 3, but to beat that game you pretty much HAVE to buy it on the Virtual Console and spam Restore Points The SNES games are the ones that have aged well, like Super Mario World (which rivals the NSMB games) and the RPGs. The N64 games also aged well, but their problem is that some of them have much better remakes.

You don't like a single NES game or do you just mean NES Mario games?

Most have not aged well, but there are many that still hold up today, like the Mega Man games, Kirby's Adventure and the aforementioned Super Mario Bros 3

Paper Jorge said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:

which spongebob games? i remember spongebob titles being top notch shit. battle for bikini bottom and the movie adaption were hella dope.
Supersponge, Revenge of the Flying Dutchman, and the two you mentioned.

In terms of employment, Let's Players are lower than sanitation workers, janitors and burger flippers. Atleast to those who treat it as a job, I have no problem with the ones who makes it only a hobby.

Not gonna make a lot of friends saying that am I? :-\

In hindsight: Maybe I should've mentioned I hold a lot more respect for sanitation workers, janitors and burger flippers since they're working hard for their job instead of deciding to work at home to play games and use Kickstarter to fund their Youtube pipe dream. And I did work as a janitor to save money for college, it's not fun cleaning up after wild parties but it's what you need to do. I can't say who and where since I don't want to give out personal information.

nah man you're definitely going to make tons of friends by acting like a snob

Fire Emblem: Awakening isn't hands-down the best game ever created, nor is it even the best game on the 3DS. It's still a good game, though.

Lumastar said:
Jack Frost said:
Fire Emblem: Awakening isn't hands-down the best game ever created, nor is it even the best game on the 3DS. It's still a good game, though.
I don't think this is unpopular.
Look up that page about ranking your 3DS games.

Eri Ayase said:
theres supersponge on the gba?

huh
For some reason I have trouble determining that you're Freakworld despite having LTQ's script, lel

Anyway yes, Supersponge GBA was my first ever video game.

As for best 3DS game, mine is very unpopular: Dream Team. (It's well liked but not so sure about best 3DS game)

Jack Frost said:
Lumastar said:
Jack Frost said:
I don't think this is unpopular.
Look up that page about ranking your 3DS games.
That's not the full population of gamers. Besides, some of them don't think it's the best game ever.

Like myself.

Back