Your headcanons

I'm sure you've heard my two cents on it before, but there's eviler villains than Bowser in the Mario universe.

All Nintendo franchises live on the same planet: even Sonic. How else would they be in the olympics together?

King Antasma said:
I'm sure you've heard my two cents on it before, but there's eviler villains than Bowser in the Mario universe.

Not even remotely.

Dimentio is the first to come to mind, you might hate him but you can't deny what he was intended to be, someone who cares only for himself and will manipulate his own "friends" to his advantage, only to cast them aside in the end for his own gain. Bowser at least cares for his minions and Bowser Jr., and when need be he will help even his enemy, Mario.

There's also Grodus, the Shadow Queen, the Dark Star, the Shroobs, etc all of whom were portrayed as selfish, evil or corrupt. Not to mention Cackletta to a lesser extent and Antasma, though in the latter's case it was from consuming nightmares that made him evil. Fawful might be about on Bowser's level of evil, maybe Cackletta too.

The only villains I can think of who aren't as evil as Bowser are his minions and side villains like Wario, Waluigi, and Popple.

Mcmadness said:
King Antasma said:

Not even remotely.
I may not be FTG64, but...

While Bowser can't even keep the princess for an hour in some games, 2-25 hours in others, Fawful managed to keep the kingdom under control, destroy Bowser's palace and brainwash his minions, and cover the entire kingdom (and possibly world) in darkness. Least amount of time I've seen so far to beat the game: 50-70 hours. Yeah.

Who really takes the cake is Dimentio. Count Bleck decided to destroy all worlds because he couldn't find his true love and thought she died. :)() During the last bit, Dimentio was just playing minion to overthrow Count Bleck and destroy all worlds to re-create them in his image, not caring about lives lost. He brainwashed Luigi once again and combined with him and the Chaos Heart to create a monster and use him against his brother and his lover, and his enemy (actually Bowser wouldn't mind beating the shit out of Luigi and Dimentio, as far as I'm concerned). The least amount of time it took in my eyes to beat the game is 10 hours, but he actually managed to threaten everyone's existence, compared to Bowser at the other end, failing to keep a princess captive.

EDIT: I only listed two, but these two were the first to pop in my head. I think I'll caculate on the Shroobs later, since I may get distracted if I do it now.

King Antasma said:
Dimentio is the first to come to mind, you might hate him but you can't deny what he was intended to be, someone who cares only for himself and will manipulate his own "friends" to his advantage, only to cast them aside in the end for his own gain. Bowser at least cares for his minions and Bowser Jr., and when need be he will help even his enemy, Mario.

There's also Grodus, the Shadow Queen, the Dark Star, the Shroobs, etc all of whom were portrayed as selfish, evil or corrupt. Not to mention Cackletta to a lesser extent and Antasma, though in the latter's case it was from consuming nightmares that made him evil. Fawful might be about on Bowser's level of evil, maybe Cackletta too.

The only villains I can think of who aren't as evil as Bowser are his minions and side villains like Wario, Waluigi, and Popple.

Really not seeing anything here Bowser wouldn't do, hell in Yoshi's story he tried to wipe out the yoshis on yoshi's island just for fun and he was just a baby then.

Mcmadness said:
hell in Yoshi's story he tried to wipe out the yoshis on yoshi's island just for fun and he was just a baby then.

I think that was heroic instead of evil

Mcmadness said:
King Antasma said:

Really not seeing anything here Bowser wouldn't do, hell in Yoshi's story he tried to wipe out the yoshis on yoshi's island just for fun and he was just a baby then.
Dimentio doesn't go karting and golfing with his arch enemy.

? Block said:
Mcmadness said:
hell in Yoshi's story he tried to wipe out the yoshis on yoshi's island just for fun and he was just a baby then.

I think that was heroic instead of evil

Heh, you would.

GalacticPetey said:

Being dead might have something to do with that.

Mcmadness said:
GalacticPetey said:

That argument doesn't really exist when it comes down to it, since Bowser's died so much.

then again you'll be like "he always respawns" and i'll tell you that rpg enemies can do that too and i'll just get into an endless argument
endless arguments are no fun

Rosalina and Luma said:
Mcmadness said:
GalacticPetey said:

That argument doesn't really exist when it comes down to it, since Bowser's died so much.

then again you'll be like "he always respawns" and i'll tell you that rpg enemies can do that too and i'll just get into an endless argument

When has he ever been shown dying?

Magikrazy said:
Mario Is Missing comes to mind.

But I have a headcanon explaining Bowser's death.

That game is like a bad fever dream.

Whats the headcanon?

Mcmadness said:
Rosalina and Luma said:
Mcmadness said:
GalacticPetey said:

When has he ever been shown dying?
Um...

In NSMB, he was shown with flesh and bones after being dropped in lava.
Pretty sure that's the case every game. He's also fallen many times from pretty high heights, pretty sure that would kill him (unless it's before the predictable giant transformation part, but i'm talking about parts like the end of NSMBU after you defeat giant bowser).

NSMB, SMG, SMG2, SM3DL, etc, most of those situations look pretty lethal to me. In NSMB he got brought back and in Galaxy he was BS'd back (maybe that impressive looking explosion brought him back though)

Antasma's death was the most BS thing I've ever seen. I mean he didn't suffer any more of a beating freaking Big Massif did, yet he just....died. Yet Bowser was enhanced by an item (something that, combined with defeat in battle, was lethal for Fawful and Dimentio) and he blew up too, but was there after the explosion, like what? If he could do that there was NO reason not to have Antasma survive too.

King Antasma said:
Antasma's death was the most BS thing I've ever seen. I mean he didn't suffer any more of a beating freaking Big Massif did, yet he just....died. Yet Bowser was enhanced by an item (something that, combined with defeat in battle, was lethal for Fawful and Dimentio) and he blew up too, but was there after the explosion, like what? If he could do that there was NO reason not to have Antasma survive too.
This for sure.

I was like "either Antasma has really weak defenses or he is just trying to trick us and he will come back". He didn't come back and I was like "oh shit he died"

His skin came off but he was clearly very much still alive.

Besides, they specifically showed him being revived in that game.

As for the rest, he's the king of the koopas and we all know how resilient they are.

And Antasma its quite simple.

Magic, not strength. Think back to Cackletta and how she couldn't survive a fight with the bros either.

No, that game was my childhood (so I remember most of the details) and in the last level I saw a motionless pile of bones.
He was, for sure, 100%, dead.

Cackletta was not enhanced by an item, the whole argument behind the subject (I think), so it was pretty easy for her to go down. whoops nvm

The thing that pisses me off is that Antasma has zero last words. Like, um, excuse me Mr. Antasma, where did your last words go?

Actually the bones twitch at times.

http://youtu.be/n7rTItl9kWk?t=13m26s

I'll give you the lack of a death speech though, that was weird.

It was just his head once when Bowser Jr. moved his arms, he could of pushed it.

Dream Teams Ending in the styling of the Internet:
Antasma: lel ded
Starlow: yas we bet anstama yas
Dreambert: lel y hasnt he said anything
Starlow: bc i tapd hes mouth shut lel
Dreambert: lel

Magikrazy said:
Since when is everyone required to have last words?

Just as long as it doesn't look awkward when a character dies, especially a major ----ing villain

Magikrazy said:
Well, Antasma is the main RPG villain, main RPG's villains get cool last words.

Antasma got the short end of the stick :(

Rosalina and Luma said:
Magikrazy said:
Well, Antasma is the main RPG villain, main RPG's villains get cool last words.

Antasma got the short end of the stick :(

I'd argue thats more Bowser as the real main villain but whatever.

And yes he popped like a balloon, I have no problem with him being tossed aside but cmon, popping like a balloon?

Mcmadness said:
And yes he popped like a balloon, I have no problem with him being tossed aside but cmon, popping like a balloon?

Well a major Mario villain has to die in a hilarious fashion at SOME point....

Back