Is this place really the "Super Mario Boards" anymore

Just my personal opinion. Well you may think it's going fine but other less devout fans certainly don't think it is. After the New Super Mario Bros. bombshells...

And I'm ONE of those people who once cared for Mario. (a lot)

He's since grown very old to me and... He's getting too repetitive for my tastes.(and somewhat boring)

Baby Luigi said:
Well, the people who cared for the franchise probably ONCE cared for it, before Nintendo started heavily milking their franchises and churning out games such as New Super Mario Bros. 2 or Super Mario Galaxy 2.
Yeah, pretty much me. I was driven here by the RPGs, not the damned NSMB games. What I'm getting from you is that you can't believe that so many people on a Mario forum like things other than Mario. My opinion of the series has changed drastically since I first played a Mario game, because the franchise is getting milked more than ever before.

Baby Luigi said:
Well, the people who cared for the franchise probably ONCE cared for it, before Nintendo started heavily milking their franchises and churning out games such as New Super Mario Bros. 2 or Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Don't say anything bad about SMG2!

i just can't believe these NOT ENUFF MARIO threads

if you want to talk about mario, stick in the mario subforums and mario threads in the video game subforums

He turns into that form with a Stump Flower.

nsymon said:
no, I love this community and the boards, I just find it odd that they are not a lot of Mario fans. I myself actually do really like the Mario games.
A lot of us are Mario fans in a sense, but SHOCKINGLY, some of us prefer other series and would prefer to talk about them rather than Mario. :sleep:

I really like the first two Paper Mario games to exhaustion, but I guess that's not enough to be in the great Mario club these days.

Kellam said:
He turns into that form with a Stump Flower.
Naw, a Super Leaf-like power up would be more appropriate. Maybe an Oak Leaf shaped leaf.

Gabumon said:
His special powers are photosynthesis and exploding.
He could also have very rough bark, so if he goes into his true tree mode, when enemies walk into him, they die. Like Tanooki Mario's statue ability, but way better.

If it's a platformer with health bars, Photosynthesis could regenerate health.

And you would to collect some sort of power-up like sun coins to use photosynthesis (sorry if that sounds weird, I'm uneducated in that kind of science)

Looking at the thread title, this is a forum for the MarioWiki community. Sure, it's named Super Mario Boards, but to me, this has always felt like a hub for the community (oblivious to the fact that it was drawn together by Mario games) to hang out and do stuff (hence most of this forum is Mindless Junk by the boatloads, and the latest posts are in Mafia games, rather than people discussing Mario games). We have a board called The Marioverse and of course some members are drawn here and not to the wiki first because of their love of the series. Then again, this forum is unique. I haven't seen any other Internet forum with a Mindless Junk board which lets you behave the opposite and a place to discuss current off topic events.

Umm, what am I trying to say here? This forum may not have as much Mario as it seems, but the community, which is what makes the forum what it is, was drawn here by Mario, and that's the most important thing.

this has gotta be my longest post ever

No, you just stand around in places where you can see the sun, and you grow. You do this until you don't fit on the screen anymore, at which point you will be informed that you have cleared the level by essentially taking it over.

Also at some point you grow roots and you can't walk around anymore. Lumberjacks and beavers will then try to attack you, and you have to defend yourself by dropping apples on them.

Lakituthequick said:
^ Gotta agree with that.
Which one:

Drift said:
And you would to collect some sort of power-up like sun coins to use photosynthesis (sorry if that sounds weird, I'm uneducated in that kind of science)
or
Drift said:
*long post in which I go on about the thread title*

tree_mario_by_walkazo-d6knkor.png

On topic so I dun get in trouble: I don't think the ratio of Mario to non-Mario chatter around here is horribly out-of-whack. The nature of conversation is off-topicness: it'd be boring if we only ever talked about what we start out talking about.

this thread went from horrible to embarrassing to true art in less than 40 posts

Walkazo said:
tree_mario_by_walkazo-d6knkor.png
Marker?

Back