Pewdiepie is now youtube's most subscribed and popular channel

hmm, okay

I was just curious.

Abuse your First Amendment rights all you want.

Terriermon said:
Kingbowser99 said:
Terriermon said:
No, not at all, unless that's a new thing of his. Besides, outside of his videos and "Pewdiepie" persona, Felix is genuinely a nice person. You can dislike his jokes, you can dislike his brand of entertainment, but there's really no reason to hate the person himself.
Even after he full-out stated "your extra views get me extra cash!"
Can I have context on that, please?
The original comment that he posted was deleted, but it's all over the Internet anyways, so there's the context

basically from what I've heard he was being "trolled" by two other people, so in a fit of rage he pointed out that he makes money off youtube viewers' extra views on his videos just to get back at them

which is not the way youtubers should respond

Dr. Javelin said:
Kingbowser99 said:
How should they respond? By lying, and saying they don't make money?
They should respond in a little more grace, perhaps by reminding them that they don't have to watch their videos, or to not even respond at all. It's not as if two trolls are going to change everything by typing out a couple of words to piss off said youtuber, but responding to said comments in such a way will.

No matter what, never bring money into the arguments

Kingbowser99 said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Kingbowser99 said:
They should respond in a little more grace, perhaps by reminding them that they don't have to watch their videos, or to not even respond at all. It's not as if two trolls are going to change everything by typing out a couple of words to piss off said youtuber, but responding to said comments in such a way will.

I don't see how bringing up that he makes money is such a terrible thing.

But then again I do tend to be rather insensitive to people's feelings, so I could be totally wrong.

Terriermon said:
He still made the mistake. I respect him enough to try to amend for his mistakes, but if he was any good in the first place, then he wouldn't have made the mistake in the first place. Things like that are going to carry on throughout his career, all because he didn't like what a couple of people had to say.
Dr. Javelin said:
Kingbowser99 said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Kingbowser99 said:

I don't see how bringing up that he makes money is such a terrible thing.

But then again I do tend to be rather insensitive to people's feelings, so I could be totally wrong.
It basically points out that as long as they're doling in the money, they don't really care about anything else. Obviously most youtubers do what they do for money, but they also do it for the fans. If he liked his fans even a little bit, he wouldn't have completely left them out of an argument between him and a few hateful trolls. Heck, even I can dole out better arguments, and I'm the worst arguer alive, especially when I'm arguing for something I know is wrong.

But hey, he should have just let them be. At the end of the day, they made him look like an idiot, and he gained 12,000,000 subscribers which is like 1% of the planet's population. Everyone's a winner.

Kingbowser99 said:
But hey, he should have just let them be. At the end of the day, they made him look like an idiot, and he gained 12,000,000 subscribers which is like 1% of the planet's population. Everyone's a winner.

Amen. HAHAHAHA.

The main index of the forum abbreviates this topic as "Pewdiepie is now you..."

Should I be worried?

Terriermon said:
No, not at all, unless that's a new thing of his. Besides, outside of his videos and "Pewdiepie" persona, Felix is genuinely a nice person. You can dislike his jokes, you can dislike his brand of entertainment, but there's really no reason to hate the person himself.

no, no, making this joke means that you are an objectively bad person. sorry, but that's just how it is

@everyone effectively defending the rape jokes: "but he doesn't do it all the time!" is a bad justification for something that is already terrible on its own, and rape jokes are kind of really terrible.

This thread went in exactly the direction I thought it would

Crocodile Dippy said:
@everyone effectively defending the rape jokes: "but he doesn't do it all the time!" is a bad justification for something that is already terrible on its own, and rape jokes are kind of really terrible.

well im sure there could be worse jokes

like child torture jokes

Something being worse than another terrible thing doesn't excuse the less terrible thing, it just means they're both terrible. Also, Pewdiepie has made rape jokes about children (in the video 2257 linked), so yeah. He's already at that even worse level.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Something being worse than another terrible thing doesn't excuse the less terrible thing, it just means they're both terrible. Also, Pewdiepie has made rape jokes about children (in the video 2257 linked), so yeah. He's already at that even worse level.

oh wow.

dont find too many people that are that mentally screwed up.

oh well i guess.

I hardly know Pewdiepie at all (I don't even know what he does) and I already hate him

I don't know who he is and I don't care. His poor tastes in jokes make me want to distance myself from him, though. I can't think of him as even a decent person if he cracks rape "jokes".

I never really cared about him that much. I find that there are better things to hate on out there.

It's a joke. Yes, it's a joke about raping children and all that, and it's perfectly reasonable for you to not like it. However, stop beating him up about it. Black comedy (dark humor, crude humor, whatever you want to call it) is what Pewdiepie indulges in, and there are numerous and successful comedians who have taken black comedy farther than what Pewdiepie has, such as Jimmy Carr, to name one example. Even if you think it's disgusting, at the end of the day they're still jokes; nobody means anything by them. You may not laugh, but there are plenty of other people who are laughing. And again, this is Pewdiepie making these jokes. The persona that Felix created for the sake of providing Internet humor has nothing to do with what interests he actually has.

Back