What Mario Plushies do you have?

Michell said:
I play as girls in video games, and man did I used to get treated weird for it

It's sad how girls can play as guys with no problems but when guys play as girls, there's a problem

I think that stems from so many video games forcing you to play as a guy, its rarely an option, whereas most times its optional to play as a girl (obviously there are exceptions, tomb raider being what comes to mind immediately)

Michell said:
I think that stems from so many video games forcing you to play as a guy, its rarely an option, whereas most times its optional to play as a girl (obviously there are exceptions, tomb raider being what comes to mind immediately)

Not really

A girl would be fine if she wanted toys marketed towards boys, like GI Joe, Transformers, Marvel Heroes, etc.

A boy would totally be scorned if he wanted toys marketed towards girls, like Barbie, My Little Pony, Polly Pocket, etc.

It's a sad culture.

IKR

I used to want girls toys as a kid, but (possibly due to parental ridicule) I grew out of playing with human toys in general, except the ones that came with my animal toys, which were quickly eaten by plastic dinosaurs whenever used, and rarely of half decent quality

Well, my sister and I grew up with Mario toys (I think it's even the main reason we got into video games in the first place) and, yeah, our parents are used to us liking Mario toys.

my parents used to not understand me when I was little, past few years though, well, they got the message a couple years back

but I already feel I've outgrown most of those sorts of toys, I mainly play(ed) with life size toys, and then I could be whatever/whomever I wished

now I mainly use animals with no humans at all

My sister and I STILL absolutely love collecting Mario toys and doing stuff with them. I guess our habit is still strong.

Yoshidude99 said:
Is there any Baby Luigi plushies? I haven't seen any myself.

One of my avatars have it

He exists, of course.

baby_luigi_in_the_dark_by_babyluigionfire-d6xcruo.jpg

This is my personal favorite plushie <3<3<3

Hypochondriac Mario said:
And again, it's soft, accurate, and very cute.

I really <3 my Baby Luigi

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Why? I always play as guys.

It's not really plushies for just girls.

Maybe you can counterbalance it by getting a few guy plushies as an excuse.

idk its possible, i mean i do like some male characters.

Baby Luigi said:
A boy would totally be scorned if he wanted toys marketed towards girls, like Barbie, My Little Pony, Polly Pocket, etc.

It's a sad culture.
i don't think you understand guy culture

i mean, you're mostly right, but there are subcultures such as bronies where it would be okay within the subculture

of course, those entire subcultures would be scorned by the larger guy culture, but...

We live in a society where men need to be masculine, and that notion has been stubborn to change compared to expectations for women. Masculinity, unlike femininity, is cherished. To change, though, men have to do their part.

Thrawn said:
do you have a reason that men should stop trying to be masculine?

Same question can be asked for women being feminine

Thrawn said:

I've never said that men should stop being masculine, but instead be more open towards those that want to be more feminine. Same applies to society in general; be more open.

Thrawn said:
not everyone has to be
but people should still be treated decently if they don't want to be masculine

I think you guys need a small lesson on how masculine culture works, or at least part of it.

One aspect of masculinity is bragging or boasting (as some people like to say, it's not bragging if it's true) about the various masculine things you have done. Like, if you were hunting or something and got three kills with only three shots. That's pretty cool, and would gain you respect points in guy culture. There's a flipside to this, however - if you do something unmasculine (let's say you like MLP), you lose respect points. That's only logical.

Idk how feminine culture works, but to guys, the more respect points you have among your friends, the more you all bond together as brothers in whatever cool thing you're doing.

I can't speak for all guys but this is how it works in my experience.

Thrawn said:
I think you guys need a small lesson on how masculine culture works, or at least part of it.

One aspect of masculinity is bragging or boasting (as some people like to say, it's not bragging if it's true) about the various masculine things you have done. Like, if you were hunting or something and got three kills with only three shots. That's pretty cool, and would gain you respect points in guy culture. There's a flipside to this, however - if you do something unmasculine (let's say you like MLP), you lose respect points. That's only logical.

Idk how feminine culture works, but to guys, the more respect points you have among your friends, the more you all bond together as brothers in whatever cool thing you're doing.

maybe this is why i get along better with girls due to me spouting i love sailor moon in high school.

I'm sorry, I don't know how girls work either; I hated the toys marketed to girls as a kid (I love MatchBox and Hot Wheels cars, and most importantly, Mario stuff) and the only reason I've had a doll house is to put Mario and his friends in it. I have little knowledge what teenage girls my age do anyway. The vast majority of my friends are male.

Thrawn said:

Sadly for me, I don't really live in feminine culture either, nor was I ever interested in it. My mom said that girl toys scared me.

I don't even see why we have two distinct cultures anyway. I don't see really the problem with girls and boys going to the other side. I don't like boasting and bragging either; it's uncool. People that claim to be better than me at Mario Kart before actually playing with me earns my scorn.

There are multiple reasons I don't have a lot of friends. I'm highly introverted, I'm uninterested in people (conversations like "who's hot", "this guy is this" bore me), my interests widely differ with a lot of girls' interests, and my twin sister is here. My knowledge of pop culture is stark naked, not that I'm interested anyway.

Back