• Galaxy 2

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Both

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
LN1 said:
I never felt Galaxy (1) had so much exploration as it had, "Goddamnit last set of Purple Coins where are you hidden?".
But that's just me.

At least they were easier than the 100-coin missions from SM64 & SMS, where literally you are just getting whatever you can for the coins.

DragonFreak said:
Galaxy 1 by far, but Galaxy 2 has a better Co-op mode, which is one of the only thing it was on Galaxy 1
if what you're trying to say is that co-op on SMG2 was better, then yes

co-op was so utterly pointless in SMG, and then in SMG2 it's actually rather enjoyable to be the second player

Dr. Javelin said:
DragonFreak said:
Galaxy 1 by far, but Galaxy 2 has a better Co-op mode, which is one of the only thing it was on Galaxy 1

co-op was so utterly pointless in SMG, and then in SMG2 it's actually rather enjoyable to be the second player
If we ever get a Galaxy 3, I hope we get a true 2-player co-op. You know, Player Two is Luigi and controls like Mario.

I read in an interview somewhere that the producer said Galaxy 3 was unlikely.

Dr. Javelin said:
DragonFreak said:

And enjoyable to the first player. In SMG, if second player clicks on first, first player jumps. That is unbelievably annoying. Thank God they got rid of that feature in SMG2. And yes, and Luigi being Co-op second player is what they need.

Bulbasaur said:
Joey Tribbiani said:
Bulbasaur said:
Joey Tribbiani said:

>too much new stuff
>not enough new stuff

take your pick

you know you quoted two completely different people, right...
uh, yeah?

both of their points contradicted eachother

Nabber stated that there was too much new stuff being added, while awesome Koopa basically stated there wasn't enough new stuff being added

but they're different people
and their points contradicted eachother

you keep saying that, but i can't understand why it's relevant. why would they not contradict each other

This is hard a very hard choice. I really enjoyed both games so I will have to dig into this.

Firstly I did like the fact that you could explore the galaxies in the first game, although the second lacked that, you could get more varity in the galaxies of have less stars in each galaxy but more galaxies altogether.

Both games are not that hard although they do have the odd hard level. The first game had, Luigi's Purple Coins, Lava Spa Daredevil run and that horrible Sling Pod level. Galaxy 2 had A Scroll Down Rolling Lane, Stone Cylone and The Prefect Run. I remeber dying more in the first game than e second so the first may be harder but the second was far from hard but still not piss easy.

Galaxy 2 had much better Powerups than 1. Bee Mario was creative but it was just a flying powerup, Boo Mario was fun but underused, I liked Spring and Ice Mario however. Galaxy 2 has Bee, Boo and Spring return but introduces the Spin Drill which can be used to solve puzzles and the powerup is used quite nicely (if only it showed up more), Rock Mario was fun but needs to more used more. Could Mario was a very creative but is very overused. There is a massive problem with useage of Pwoerups in each game but even though the Powerups in that game were much better, it was more of problem in the second game only because of the fact the Cloud Flower appeared at least once in every world. While the other two new powerups only appeared in only one galaxy in the worlds they featured in. Galaxy 1 just had Powerups used way too less.

Galaxy 2 had Yoshi who appeared often enough (unlike NSMBW) and had a lot creative ideas, all three of Powerups are nice and not too underused. And it felt smooth playing as him as well he was a good addition.

Galaxy 1 had a much better hub world, Galaxy just had Starship Mario which had next to nothing to do there, Galaxy 1 had large easy to navigate hub world, with 6 domes which held most of the galaxies. Peach's Castle beats both of these hubs however.

Galaxy 2 has a much better co-op mode but than 1 but that's only because there's the co-star Luma.

Galaxy 1 had the better plot only because Peach's castle gets lifted.

What I don't get is why people say Galaxy 2 is a low quilaty expansion pack, it's not. It feels like a game that's taken an idea and expanded on it what all sequel's are supposed to be right. It had a lot of new idea's and concepts, the only dull one being the Green Stars. It wasn't unoriginal sure the first game is more original but all first games of series' are. It still felt fresh.

Both games have amazing soundtracks so I not going to dig deep there.

I liked both games equally and I will stay that way, both games have their ups and downs. And Galaxy 2 doesn't have much flaws if you dig deep.

I do NOT want to see a Galaxy 3 however.

Super Mario Galaxy

My opinion is very clear on why I dislike Super Mario Galaxy 2 and I don't feel like saying it again

cryoAwakening said:
I just honestly think that Yoshi cannot save the game.

Like, I feel most people (mostly outside this forum) only like Super Mario Galaxy 2 over Galaxy 1 because it had Yoshi.

Which is the same reason I hate Super Mario Galaxy 2. Well, there are other things, but Yoshi stands out. His voice is so awful that I mute the TV if BLOF gets a power star when her character is riding him.

LN1 said:
I never felt Galaxy (1) had so much exploration as it had, "Goddamnit last set of Purple Coins where are you hidden?".
But that's just me.

yeah galaxy never had much exploration to begin with and it just felt really linear.

But the thing is, compared to Galaxy 2, Galaxy 1 was practically an open-world sandbox.

His Excellency Lord Fawfulthegreat64 of the Beanbean Realm said:
but Yoshi has a cute voice

I strongly disagree. He's so much better when he shut up in the New Super Mario Bros. games

Nabber said:
But the thing is, compared to Galaxy 2, Galaxy 1 was practically an open-world sandbox.

that's pretty sad considering how linear galaxy is.

Yup, glad im avoiding 2 like the plague.

Nabber said:
both games are much more linear than 64 or Sunshine, only a few of the first game's galaxies felt like open World, the rest were very linear.

cryoAwakening said:
You guys got to remember that the BLOF/LGM family doesn't like Yoshi at all.

You take me for an idiot or something?

I ----ing LOATHE and DESPISE Yoshi.

LGM hates him even more than I do.

I liked both but the only issue I had with Galaxy 2 was the fact that Rosalina was not around Lubba just didn't cut it for me.

Baby Luigi said:
cryoAwakening said:
You guys got to remember that the BLOF/LGM family doesn't like Yoshi at all.

You take me for an idiot or something?

I ----ing LOATHE and DESPISE Yoshi.

LGM hates him even more than I do.

How about you calm down, hmm? BMB never called you an idiot.

I was exaggerating. I like teasing Baby Mario Bloopsies

you two go together like salt and pepper

like sugar and spice

like batman and robin

like smasher and MCD

like smashman and MCDobin

like paper and pen

like paper and rulers

like paper and pencil

like merry and pippin

like Legolas and Gimli

Like Boromir and faramir

like paper and eraser

Where was I going with this? What is this topic about?

Oh yeah, I still have to make a decision. Uhhh, I guess Galaxy 1, mainly because of the fact that you get a second little luma to help you if you choose player 2

so overall the gameplay is nice.

Back