Your Worst Mario Characters

Nah , it's clear it was pure bullshit.

Rosalina as a child not only clearly lacked most of the prominent features she has as an adult , she also is depicted as a carefree girl that does not look like any sort of cosmic protector or royalty in any kind.

Baby Rosalina however is a straight copy of the adult Rosalina only Baby-fied , in the same sense they did to Daisy to be able to create Baby Daisy.

Baby Rosalina also has inconsistencies voice wise. Rosalina originally had an echo in her voice , to depict her as a more ''cosmic'' being , what she is.

As of today , Rosalina has lost this trademark , but somehow Baby Rosalina has it ?

This move was bullshit , and was likely added to separate Baby Rosalina further from Baby Peach and Baby Daisy considering that she is not very unique or likeable aside from being ''cute'' to some.

What we see in the storybook's illustrations is how the developers depicted Rosalina before she became the mother of the lumas as an adult and more importantly , what she depicts herself as considering she was the one telling this story , HER STORY. She was clearly different physically and it makes sense she was , because not only she became older , she also became some sort of powerful entity unlike Mario and company. She is no longer a mere human at that point unlike when she was a child in the story book.

That aside , BR is trash so it makes sense that her ''background'' is a trashy one , in this case , completely disconecting Rosalina with her previous , more awesome past.

I just pretend that Baby Rosalina doesn't exist.

I just consider all the babies in spin-off games to have come from a Baby Marioverse, where everyone is a baby in appearance only.

Bowser, seriously why does anybody like this overrated piece of garbage?

Baby Luigi is worse

He keeps messing things up.

5. Baby Daisy (Worse than normal Daisy)
4. Dry Bowser (5 words: New. Super. Mario. Bros. 2.)
3. Hammer Bros. (They are just annoying)
2. Those stupid pigs from DKCR (They just solve all the puzzles for you)
1. Pink Gold Peach (Do I have to say anything?)

Griffin4 said:
3. Hammer Bros. (They are just annoying)

Exactly where I get at whenever I groan having to mention their voice.

Griffin4 said:
2. Those stupid pigs from DKCR (They just solve all the puzzles for you)

They seem to want to make your fruit-based quest too easy.

Griffin4 said:
1. Pink Gold Peach (Do I have to say anything?)

Nope. Nothing you have to say.

Actually he's not really hard, but I did die a lot the first time I fought him.

Well I think my least favorite character is Baby Daisy.
Aside from the obvious (annoying voice), I feel like her is literally just a way the Mario Kart Wii developers found to beef up the roster by reusing Baby Peach's model (or its structure at least), altering it to look more like Daisy and bam! Baby Daisy exists, which to me is lazy and one of the reasons why Mario Kart's rosters have been so bad since then, this technique was reused in Mario Kart 8 to give place to Baby Rosalina and all the Mario and Peach reskins lol

I mean, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi and Baby Peach make more sense to exist since they have been fleshed out in other games, such as Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island DS and M&L Partners In Time. But Baby Daisy is basically a carbon copy of Baby Peach created specifically to fill Mario Kart's roster.

talking about Baby Rosalina, I also dislike her a lot because she directly conflicts with Rosalina's backstory. But Baby Daisy is my least favorite since she's the one that I feel that started this stupid "trend" lol

And about Pink Gold Peach, I feel she's a roster filler as well, but hey, at least she looked shiny and pretty in Mario Kart's first HD outing, so I can bear her for now lol

Acutally this "trend" started with Metal Mario back in Mario Golf 64.
But I can't help her anyway, Baby Daisy is such a bad character.

Daisy and Rosalina said:
Acutally this "trend" started with Metal Mario back in Mario Golf 64.
But I can't help her anyway, Baby Daisy is such a bad character.

I was talking about Mario Kart specifically

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
I've never been that big of a fan of the Koopalings.
I think most of the current Mario fans never were, they were characters of the late '80s-'90s, so everyone who started in the GCN/DS era skipped them and only saw them in the Wii/Wii U era, where their previous non-aesthetical depiction was totally destroyed (literally: in Japan they are not even siblings, go figure) and their role was pointless - at that time there were already many other bosses (even in NSMB!), covering a huge variety of species and of battle styles, unlike when they were introduced in Japan where we had Bowser, Fake Bowser and Blue Bowser who all were the same, from a sprite and gameplay point of view.
It doesn't help that their models and animations were extensively recycled in the NSMB series or directly taken from Bowser Jr.'s model and animations in SSB4 and, when they weren't in Mario Kart 8, it resulted in a roster which didn't have as much variety in terms of characters of the Mario series. Oh, and while SEGA apparently tried to remain faithful to their personality in Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam - they even reused the pronouns and laughs in the Japanese version - Intellligent Systems rewrote it for a second time in Paper Mario: Color Splash in quite a few cases - Morton being the most obvious.

I can see why most people are either indifferent or outright can't stand them, but honestly, I don't care how much mud I have to take away to enjoy them - at least Nintendo Italia is helping me now by changing their depiction, starting with Ludwig in Color Splash ;) -, they still remain my favorite "worst" characters of the Mario universe. And the Japanese picture books of the late '90s I got are a bliss in this sense.

Fawful. Dude is a walking rack of teeth who spouts memes all fucking day. Then come Bowser's Inside Story they had to throw in a cliche ancient artifact of doom that gives him a more evil-looking outfit and red eyes. You know why? Because he was never threatening to begin with. The only reason he ever came back is because ten year olds couldn't stop quoting his nonsense online trying to sound funny. Good riddance, his death makes room for more interesting villains. Such as Bowser actually being evil for once and not humiliating himself fighting for good.

Baby Luigi is the worst Mario character. I mean, you've already got a second fiddle who is already a coward, but this time, he's a baby. At least Luigi has redeemable qualities of being an adult who can take care of himself. What does Baby Luigi do that Luigi cannot aside from look cute and be kidnapped? Probably crying.

If the Colonel thinks Luigi is bad enough, ohhhhh wait until he meets Baby Luigi.

Not a character I necessarily hate but I hate what he become.

I always loved Metal Mario as his own character. Whether being a "villain" in Smash, a special character in Mario Golf...
Until Mario Kart 7 gave that stupid voice to him. It doesn't sound like a robot or anything, it sounds like Mario is underwater or something. It's really annoying. Either keep him silent or just give him Mario's normal voice. Maybe putting a effect similar to what Metal Sonic has in Sonic Heroes could work, but idk...
Anyways, now I don't like in games anymore, he became just annoying to me

I actually like it that Metal Mario has a warbled voice. It's probably the first time I heard someone say they prefer him silent or having the exact voice as Mario.

Back