Your Worst Mario Characters

Maria Renard said:
IMHO, all Daisy needs is to become less childish and have more mature acting in line with Peach and Rosalina. Lenne Hardt will give Daisy a more tomboyish raspy voice which is perfect considering her tomboyish description. Then Daisy will be an actual tomboy for sure.

i mean, if im remembering correctly, Daisy is the youngest of the 3 main princesses. so i guess it makes sense. i dont know their actual ages or their estimated ages, but i seem to recall something like that. so it would make sense she would be less mature, even if it can be annoying at times.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Last time i checked she was throwing tantrums on Strikers Charged because she was losing.
Everyone in Strikers Charged acts pretty much like this. If they're not throwing a tantrum, they're acting as if Donald Trump got elected president.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
Last time i checked she was throwing tantrums on Strikers Charged because she was losing.
Everyone in Strikers Charged acts pretty much like this. If they're not throwing a tantrum, they're acting as if Donald Trump got elected president.

Other characters get more ''angry'' than doing lwhat Peach does though.

Daisy gets salty.

They usually have a sad one and an angry one, so your point doesn't hold that well.

I'm not trying to make a point though? Besides , IIRC nobody but Peach throws tantrums in that game.

Peach herself is not even mean to represent maturity , she is a very innocent character with many traits that go in hand with younger audiences.

That's pretty much self explanatory in most of her appearences , i don't really need to dig deeper to go and even explain.

As I've said before, I wish Rosalina had a more mature-sounding voice actor in MK8. Her voice annoys me to no end. Daisy could use a less annoying voice too.

Daisy is surprinsinly fine in 8 , she sounds less annoying than in MKWii , at least to me.

Rosalina well ... let's just not .

I will try to start modding MK8 to change voice clips , since it's already possible.

There's already a Mercedes Rose mod , so i guess i will do a Kerri Kane one.

Dia said:
Magikrazy said:
I do think Daisy is a sporty girl. Yeah, all the other characters play the same sports she does, but they all have other things that they do separate from the sports. Daisy just has this pretty much. This is her whole life.
sports girl doesnt necessarily mean tomboy tho
well yeah, not really. daisy never came across as butch to me, like ever.

in the later nintendo 64 stuff like mario tennis and mario party 3, she seemed a bit more ditzy and clumsy, but then they just gave her the personality of one of the generic human characters (eerie, considering mario golf gbc and n64, released around the same time as MP3 and MT64, featured a generic human by the name of azalea who looks a lot like daisy). i wish they kept this old personality so she could be an actual character i'd be interested in

Swiftie_Luma said:
Tomboy

a girl who enjoys rough, noisy activities traditionally associated with boys.

Yep , that's Daisy.

It's enough for me , and it seems to be enough for Nintendo.

Next.

by that definition you could argue all nintendo female characters are tomboys. peach, toadette, rosalina, birdo, samus, zelda, jigglypuff, lucina, palutena, robin, wii fit trainer all participate in "rough noisy activities" that could be "traditionally associated with boys." you're going to need more evidence than that.

NEXT!!

by that definition you could argue all nintendo female characters are tomboys. peach, toadette, rosalina, birdo, samus, zelda, jigglypuff, lucina, palutena, robin, wii fit trainer all participate in "rough noisy activities" that could be "traditionally associated with boys." you're going to need more evidence than that.

NEXT!!

1st of all , stop.

It seems that you are taking this Daisy discussion into a higher level than it is.

2nd, I expressed my views normally , and i base my stance on a very simple definition that in fact , embodies many aspects that Daisy actually is. Many of the characteristics that Daisy has displayed fit the definition so it's enough for me.

3rd, i say Next because i genuinely can't believe we are stuck on Daisy at this point. Like it or not , that's how Nintendo refers to Daisy. It can be arguable , i know , but i'm not going to put enourmous effort into finding ''evidence'' and analyze something super trivial.

I kept it simple , and you should too.

For all i care , Daisy's party is over.

Swiftie_Luma said:

NEXT!!

1st of all , stop.

It seems that you are taking this Daisy discussion into a higher level than it is.

2nd, I expressed my views normally , and i base my stance on a very simple definition that in fact , embodies many aspects that Daisy actually is. Many of the characteristics that Daisy has displayed fit the definition so it's enough for me.

3rd, i say Next because i genuinely can't believe we are stuck on Daisy at this point. Like it or not , that's how Nintendo refers to Daisy. It can be arguable , i know , but i'm not going to put enourmous effort into finding ''evidence'' and analyze something super trivial.

I kept it simple , and you should too.

For all i care , Daisy's party is over.

i've kept my condition the same throughout.

if nintendo actually makes a game where daisy has a personality and she behaves like a tomboy, then i'll concede it. until then, the only real say on the matter is nintendo's official word, and its pretty flimsy. thats like JK Rowling saying Dumbldore is gay after the fact, and never indicating it in anyway in her books. Sure, theres a message there, and you dont need to be stereotypical in presenting your characters, but if nothing in the work supports that statement, it doesnt actually mean anything.

the evidence for daisy being a tomboy is just very flimsy and really stretches the definition of a tomboy, if its even applicable at all to Daisy. i wasnt really here for a long drawn out debate but you seem to be the one continuing it. its my opinion, people are welcome to like Daisy, i just dont think she fits given how generic all her traits are to every other mario character. But thats probably more a problem with mario characters in general given that the majority of them all lack major characterization outside of spin off or non-canon works.

i've stated my stance very clearly and reasonably. i dont think theres enough evidence or characterization to support the label. im not sure what there is to not get. i'm not telling other people not to like her.

last, i'm not stopping you from talking about other things, your welcome to talk about something else if your tired of Daisy.

i've kept my condition the same throughout.

i doubt it. I posted something not even regarding you and clearly went on to fire back for no good reason.

if nintendo actually makes a game where daisy has a personality and she behaves like a tomboy, then i'll concede it. until then, the only real say on the matter is nintendo's official word, and its pretty flimsy. thats like JK Rowling saying Dumbldore is gay after the fact, and never indicating it in anyway in her books. Sure, theres a message there, and you dont need to be stereotypical in presenting your characters, but if nothing in the work supports that statement, it doesnt actually mean anything.

So basically , you refuse to believe the Original author intentions and wishes in terms of portrayal of their creations because it does not fit your agenda even though they are perfectly clear and straight forward eveytime they adress them...

K.

the evidence for daisy being a tomboy is just very flimsy and really stretches the definition of a tomboy, if its even applicable at all to Daisy. i wasnt really here for a long drawn out debate but you seem to be the one continuing it. its my opinion, people are welcome to like Daisy, i just dont think she fits given how generic all her traits are to every other mario character. But thats probably more a problem with mario characters in general given that the majority of them all lack major characterization outside of spin off or non-canon works.

''Evidence'' , like this is some sort of mistery to solve. Daisy fits in a definition that it's general and goes with most things Nintendo does , which are simplistic and friendly , what a shocker.

You could have ignored my post , which was actually adressing the one above it , so i didn't continue it between us , you did.

i've stated my stance very clearly and reasonably. i dont think theres enough evidence or characterization to support the label. im not sure what there is to not get. i'm not telling other people not to like her.

Your stance is clear as crystal , but so it's Nintendo's intentions on their characters for the most part , again ok.

last, i'm not stopping you from talking about other things, your welcome to talk about something else if your tired of Daisy.

I'll take your word on it , i guess.

you're projecting, but ok. you seem to not understand that two people can have different opinions. i thought this thread was about our opinions on characters. clearly just because someone thinks a character is the worst doesnt make them literally the worst.

i guess you havent been reading my posts and just responding to thin air if you havent been following my single line of reasoning, but ok.

we can agree to disagree, but that doesnt make me wrong for wanting more evidence or actually wanting a character to have the personality or trait the author claims they have in the actual work the character appears in.

you seem to be ignoring my original intentions and wishes in terms of my portrayal of my argument because it does not fit your agenda even though i have been perfectly clear and straight forward every time i've addressed them.

k.

ladies please, you're both pretty

I don't like Mallow from Super Mario RPG. He just seems like a lazy way to pad out the game. Plus, most of his abilities and such could have been given to Luigi. Instead, Mario's brother just gets one appearance in the whole game at the very end. Would have much preferred brothers fighting together over a frickin' Stay-Puft in circus pants who cries a lot and doesn't really do anything in the story except send you on a crocodile chase in the beginning.

On the RPG route , i guess i would have to say Fawful?

Sorry fawful fans , i think he is a tad overrated.

He also ignored Birdo's advances :(

I think what Fawful says, while hilarious, is overrated. People seem to think that that itself is the entirety of Fawful's personality.

His actions as a villain, meanwhile, are what make me love him.

ugh just forget fawful cant stand the annoying shit, why even became a main villain is truely beyond me.

Swiftie_Luma said:
He also ignored Birdo's advances :(
That was Popple actually.
Tsareena said:
I think what Fawful says, while hilarious, is overrated. People seem to think that that itself is the entirety of Fawful's personality.

His actions as a villain, meanwhile, are what make me love him.
His strange dialogue is not what originally made me like him either. It's just a nice bonus to an already cool villain :D

Now I'm reminded of Popple, a character I pretty much dislike.

Baby DK for confusing the shit out of an already confusing DK world

Going back to everyone's opinion on Baby Rosalina, many say she contradicts Rosalina's backstory. It's possible that the illustrations in the story weren't 100% accurate or Rosalina, sometime before the story's setting, had her hair dyed red.

Still doesn't explain why she has a crown when she doesn't in the storybook and it definitely doesn't give a reason for existing in the first darn place.

Also I hate Baby Rosalina. Just throwing that out there.

Back