Your Worst Mario Characters

okay then if wario isnt popular, why does he get his own games then?

whats the reason for that then

personally i like wario but if his popularity isnt the way he's getting his own games then what is?

Swiftie_Luma said:
Mcmadness said:
I'm not offended but you haven't made any kind of point. You just keep saying Wario isn't popular despite offering no evidence to support it.

You are trying to make it seem like Wario is popular out of his games when they are not even as good as the Luigi's Mansion on a handheld.

Having a series does not mean popularity whatsoever or that the character is likeable.

Your point is that Wario should be seen as popular because he has games , and then you completely ignore that characters like Rosalina , who was 0 games of her own right , is by far more likeable.

So yeah , i made my point very clear , you just seen to be missing it.

I dont see Bowser have any games on his own either , and yet he is fairly popular too.

So again , your point is not valid.

What does Wario , as a character , have without his games? Being fat? Being a bully? Being the Anti Mario? Being a running gag about farting that only 10 year olds enjoy?

I dont even like Waluigi to the extend , but its pretty delusional to think that Wario has something that makes him more likeable than Waluigi as a character , unless you are biased as a fan.

First off, the wario land series is generally seen as some of the best platformers you'll ever find on handheld game systems, 3 in particular being generally seen as a masterpiece of the gameboy days.

The Warioware series also generally gets good reception too, mega microgames in particular being a fan favourite.

And I'm not saying Wario got popular because he got games, I'm saying his popularity led to him getting games. He is by far the fastest rising star the series has ever had after Mario himself. For crying out loud commercials for Super Mario land 2 used Wario as a selling point.

And after that game he got his own game, appeared in Mario & Wario and the title character of Wario's Woods, which again promoted him over the protagonist Toad. despite largely not being playable in it, guest starred in Bomberman, which AGAIN used him as it's selling point To add to that the Wario Land series basically replaced Mario altogether for the rest of the gameboy's lifespan.

Admittedly yes you are correct popularity doesn't guarantee games but you can't seriously look at all that and tell me Waluigi is more liked than Wario.

And why do people like Wario? Well thats easy, he's the second most egotistical character in the franchise, he's really physically strong, his greediness is exaggerated to a ridiculous degree, he's got a great sense for flair (seriously his car is amazing) and it's really entertaining to see a character in this universe who isn't evil per say but just a huge jackass and his eventual comeuppance.

Yeah Waluigi does some of that but thats about it, he doesn't have any unique personality traits to call his own other than being even more of a loser than Wario can be.

Swiftie is making claims off numbers that are very difficult to quantify. She's basing the fan popularity of Wario and comparing it to another character's number, like say, Rosalina, who has a pretty vocal fanbase. The truth is, we don't know exactly how popular she is. The only source is commenters, convenience sampling, and fanart, the number of people who use them online all which is obtained by people who visit the internet to make things, which not everyone does access online to play.

What I know is that people would probably ask questions if Wario suddenly vanished off the roster. They already questioned his unlockability in Mario Kart 7, even.

personally i always liked wario anyway, plus some of the games ive played that he's pretty either hilarious or awesome in games like wario land 4 and wario world, which are some of the most impressive platformers to me.

Plus like warios biker outfit too, and gotta go with mcmadness on this one and say that warios car in wario land 4 is pretty awesome. Not to mention that i often find that wario games often have some really catchy tunes and really nice visuals to boot.

Waluigi on the other hand while i can appreciate his fanwork, i cant say much else for him, while i dont even dislike the guy, im more of a fan of wario.

Actually one of the reasons i was infuriated at sm64ds was sololy because wario was utterly useless in that game besides breaking special blocks.

Samus Aran said:
Actually one of the reasons i was infuriated at sm64ds was sololy because wario was utterly useless in that game besides breaking special blocks.
There's multiplayer too. >_>

That being said, I would *really* like a Sunshine remake where we have at least Mario, Luigi, and Wario; last guy can be Waluigi or Toad since Yoshi is fairly important as a rideable character.

Striker Mario said:
Samus Aran said:
There's multiplayer too. >_>

That being said, I would *really* like a Sunshine remake where we have at least Mario, Luigi, and Wario; last guy can be Waluigi or Toad since Yoshi is fairly important as a rideable character.

sorry miss but im a lonely video gamer :(

I understand. My comment was intended to sound lame.

Plus no Mario character will ever start their game with a song like this, except Wario.

plus, he's hilarious when you beat him up. the game's he stars in even beats him up.

he's designed specifically to receive torment

His misery is your benefit, and his too since he often gets treasure out of it.

Even so, in Wario Land Shake It, Captain Syrup wins in the end. Makes me happy.

Eh, he'll probably just go beat it out of her like the last 2 times.

Mcmadness said:
His misery is your benefit, and his too since he often gets treasure out of it.
Or he helps Mario get the treasure. ;)

Yes, that giant golden peach statue.

Wonder what ever happened to it?

Really? Captain Toad is awesome. I mean, he has one of the few remaining Mario sub-series I'd consider innovative and original. (tho im probably missing something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) And he's adorable. But I respect your opinion.

Xandalf said:
Really? Captain Toad is awesome. I mean, he has one of the few remaining Mario sub-series I'd consider innovative and original. (tho im probably missing something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) And he's adorable. But I respect your opinion.
Nintendo just strapped a headlight onto a regular Toad and told it not to jump.

Meh, Captain Toad actually doesn't bother me. Treasure Tracker is an attempt at something different so props to Nintendo for trying that. Pink Gold Peach, though, is a waste. Same with Metal Mario (after SM64). I see absolutely no value in either character except as a shiny version of the original.

Also, and I'm probably going to take some flak for this, but I'm going to be honest: I think the baby versions of characters are pointless outside of the Yoshi's Island games and M&L: Partners In Time.

Daring Do said:
Also, and I'm probably going to take some flak for this, but I'm going to be honest: I think the baby versions of characters are pointless outside of the Yoshi's Island games and M&L: Partners In Time.

ur dumb :babymario:

For the Babies , i think Until Baby Peach , it was Alright.

When they started with Baby Daisy it got out of hand and now Baby Rosalina is just ridiculous.

It's like they beat you and now they are kicking you while on the ground. Nintendo needs to check themselves.

Baby Rosalina is probably the first official fan OC character.

I don't count Pink Gold Peach because not even the fans are ridiculous enough to come up with her.

Back