No cutscenes in 3DS/WiiU... so they won't be uploaded to YouTube

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Masahiro Sakurai recently said there will not be a story mode like the one in Super Smash Bros. Brawl... because he didn't like that the cutscenes from that game were uploaded to YouTube:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/07/25/cutscene-uploads-cause-super-smash-bros-creator-to-drop-story-mode-.aspx?PageIndex=3#comments

...Yeah, just let that sink in for a moment.

The Boulder said:
Cutscenes aren't going to affect the game.
They're still cool, and it sucks that he won't include them in this game, JUST because he doesn't want players to upload them to YouTube.

Why would cutscenes affect the game. This game is still cool and awesome even with cutscenes.

Nintendo64Dude said:
Why would cutscenes affect the game. This game is still cool and awesome even with cutscenes.
It's because we're being denied something cool just because Sakurai doesn't want us to do something with it he doesn't want us to do.

this is freaking hilarious

wow Sakurai this one of the stupidest things you've ever done

Wow what a ----ty reason. I understand if the files take too much space or there's not enough time to make them but really?

I can't really say I give a damn. Hell if anything, it means there's more resources devoted to the game proper which is a good thing.

I agree with '3K, though I understand Sakurai's concern.

Masahiro Sakurai recently said there will not be a story mode like the one in Super Smash Bros. Brawl because he didn't like that the cutscenes from that game were uploaded to YouTube:

Note that the cited Kotaku article (which doesn't include a complete translation of the Famitsu column) doesn't actually states this, and in turn states they stil plan to make character introduction FMVs. Quoted bit is purely nonsense on GameInformer's part. VideoGame journlolism (and in turn, readers willing to spread clickbait without doing the most customary research first) strikes again!

"Butthurt Japanese drops cutscenes because they don't want you to watch them on Youtube" or "Famed game designer decides to cuts the middleman and youtube bait available from the start"? It's amazing what a little spin can do.

oh game journalism

I didn't really like Subspace Emissary anyways, I would rather have a cross between Emissary and Melee's Adventure Mode.

Subspace Emissary would have been fun if it had been executed right.

It hadn't.

The cutscenes were sweet, but when it's from a flawed story, not so much.

That's just a stupid developers excuse because in truth their lazy and don't want to add any.

I mean. I am fine without them but just sayin'.

I thought the cut scenes in Brawl's SSE were pretty lame anyway. With or without, I don't really care.

But I do think he said that there will be movies (like the Mega Man and Wii Fit trailers) available right off the bat.

ThreeThousand said:
I can't really say I give a damn. Hell if anything, it means there's more resources devoted to the game proper which is a good thing.

Pretty much. I guess those people that think cut scenes make or break a game will be pissed but I don't think that's a very big group.

I am actually think about starting a petition on this. It's outrageous.

ThreeThousand said:

Pretty much this.

Back