Television Shows You Despise (rant thread)

Ray Trace

Fastest at casing, fastest at carrying
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
Here you can discuss about the shows you really hate and why you hate them so much. Isn't it fun to complain? Yeah I know it is :)

Please tolerate other people's opinions unless their opinions are really dumb such as hating My Little Pony for the fanbase (even though if it is a legit complaint, this is talking about the show itself not some insane nobodies obsessing over it). Debates are welcome but we don't need flame-wars over different opinions. :babyluigi:

BTW, even though my post is about cartoons, I mainly only watch cartoons in the first place. I don't want to even bother with real-life shows or teen sitcoms. Sorry about that. But you can list any show you like here.

So, here are the television shows I despise and I'll say why I despise them:

Spongebob Squarepants (later seasons)
All the post movie episodes lacked the humor and the entertainment that the first three seasons had. All the characters are overly flanderized. Spongebob, who used to be a cheerful, childish, yet at least sane person is now turned into a laughing, ear-grating, annoying moron where his implied gay attitude is even more so implied. Patrick is an even bigger idiot than before, and he performs many unfunny stuff (The Splinter oh my god). Squidward is even more miserable than before and I couldn't blame him because of these two morons being even more of an annoyance than before. Mr. Krabs is a greedy a-hole and episodes that are centered around him (Penny Foolish is the worst one) are usually him just being a greedy a-hole. Boring. All of Plankton's episodes these days are just boring and predictable schemes of him trying to get the Krabby Patty formula. Sandy rarely appears and when she does she's just a scientist instead of a karate loving squirrel.

Most of the episodes suck with a few exceptions (Krusty Towers and Wishing You Well are pretty great episodes) with the worst offenders being the most graphically unappealing and being terribly unfunny (The Splinter, that episode with the worms, Face Freeze). Others involve being just plain cruel to characters, especially to Squidward. I personally like Squidward, and I don't mind seeing him abused from time to time but Squid Wood is just an example of how masochist the show's writers can be to a character. Did I also mention that they're WAY too many "specials" that try to make a plot interesting but only end up falling flat on the execution?

Nickelodeon, just let Spongebob die already. Stop ruining the once-great franchise with more crappy episodes that serve only to tarnish Spongebob's reputation as a good show.

The Fairly Oddparents (later seasons)
Don't get me wrong, I'm a Fairly Oddparents fan. I've seen every episode until the latest seasons. But I stopped watching this show after they introduced the fairy baby, Poof. That's when most of us agree that the show went downhill. Just like Spongebob's case, the characters are flanderized from complex characters to one trait morons. Timmy is much too self-centered and a jerk these days. What happened to his 10-year old innocence in the earlier seasons? Wanda nags way too much now and Cosmo....oh my, he's just a screaming idiot right now with no brains left. Timmy's parents are so much dumber and neglectful, and Vicky rarely appears. But when Vicky does appear she's even more evil than normal. But, isn't the whole point of Timmy having fairies because of Vicky being an abusive baby-sitter? Her rare appearances kinda defeat that point. Oh, and Crocker is mostly the same, but with the rest of the cast being so much different, even he doesn't save the show. I've stopped watching quite some time ago, but now I heard they introduced some sort of dog? Oh my. I think this series stopped and it's about time too. I mean, I want Nick to stop ruining FOP just like what they're doing to Spongebob.

Fanboy and Chum-Chum
I've watched like only one episode of this POS and it's clearly a POS. The first thing I noticed is how freaking ugly the CGI is. Jimmy Neutron is another show that uses CGI and it looks MILES better than the hideous characters in Fanboy and Chum Chum. Not to mention that Jimmy Neutron utterly annihilates Fanboy and Chum Chum in terms of quality and other stuff that make a show good. The character designs are freaking ugly and that's what deterred me from watching the show in the first place. I wouldn't be caught dead seeing two pictures of hideous kids with their boogly glass eyes staring at me. I'd rather have all the ponies from My Little Pony and every single Care Bear litter my room and my house and my car than even have a second of this show in my television screen. From what I've seen, the lead two characters are annoying and obnoxious. Their voices make you want to rip your anvil, hammer, and stirrup right out from your ear, and the process itself would be less painful than hearing those two obnoxious brats speak. Having unlikable lead characters makes most time you spend unlikable. The only sane characters with sane names are the good ones! Oh, that reminds me of how stupid the names of the characters are. Fanboy and Chum Chum are uninspired and stupid enough but what about "Yo"? Or "Poopatine"? Ya nice unnecessary Star Wars reference. The humor in this show is absolutely repulsive and disgusting, since the only humor this show seems to know about is toilet humor and fart jokes. I'd give the show some credit for realizing how much this show belongs in the toilet when it uses those type of humor.

Nick 10
What can I say here? EVERYONE HATES IT. EVERYONE HATES THIS ABOMINATION. It's not a show per se, but it's horrible enough for me to want me to rant about it.

For those of you who don't know what Nick 10 is, basically, to put it bluntly, it is about a bunch of random teenage morons doing moronic stuff while it interrupts your favorite show. Yes, you read it right: IT. INTERRUPTS. YOUR. FAVORITE. SHOW. Forget about turning on Nick and seeing beloved Spongebob as a fry cook or seeing Timmy Turner have his wish granted, your precious little show will get interrupted by teenagers doing random crap. And the random crap isn't even REMOTELY funny. Farting in a jar? Stepping on fruit? General asinine activity that is brain dead? Who would want to see that!? What were they thinking? It wouldn't be as bad if it was its own separate show but I guess they didn't have the budget and the schedule to fit this thing in (anyone with a sense of common sense and a brain wouldn't even bother green lighting this ass turd in the first place).

It's a good thing I don't watch TV anymore. Holy crap is this the future of the Nick channel? Please, make it stop! MAKE THIS INSANITY STOP.

Adventure Time
I don't hate it per se, but I haven't found anything appealing in it. I understand some people have quite a few beefs about this show and I understand why they like it but I guess this show isn't for me. I didn't really find the humor funny and the plot is as random as hell (much too random for my tastes). Again, it's probably because this show doesn't cater to me. I don't have much to say for it, but at least some effort was poured into this show. Unlike the first ones I mentioned...

Almost Naked Animals
If any one of you had the unfortunate life of me of being exposed to this horrendous piece of dog turd for even a fraction of a second, then I understand and feel your pain. If you hadn't, you're lucky. I really wish I didn't knew this show existed. I really wish I didn't. But I saw some of it and I must explain to you why it sucks.

First, just look at the title. "Almost Naked Animals". Read it to yourself. Say it out loud. Are you surprised that this show is even on in the first place with a name like that? Who in the world thought this would be a good idea? Can you imagine the dignity falling if you said, "I watched Almost Naked Animals today!"? It's even worse than saying "I watched the Care Bears movie today!".

So if you're unlucky enough to see this on, you'd notice that all the characters are blissfully designed with a sense of uglyness in mind. All the characters are ugly. Even worse is that every single animal has stubble. It's EYE BLEEDING and it doesn't even make sense! Even the female animals don't have stubble! How am I expect to like a character that is covered in stubble as if they were caught in the fire and their fur/feathers didn't even grow back? Oh and the character personalities. They're all bland and boring, with some being annoying including the Spongebob wannabe (the later Spongebob) Howie the Dog. He's stupid and idiotic but without Spongebob's charm. He's always shouting and his voice is bound to give you a headache.

Luckily, I don't more beyond this point since some kids at my school wanted to see this piece of turd and wow I can tell it sucks. I've tried not watching it but the voices and the stuff annoyed the hell out of me. And the ugly characters....oh my god. One of the worst designed characters ever.

Barney the Dinosaur
Ah Barney. The purple dinosaur that everyone loves to hate. The purple dinosaur that makes Yoshi look like he's suffering from depression. The purple dinosaur who secretly wants to kill you. "Strangers are a friend in need" my ass. This show is nothing but pure saccharine sweetened with heavy doses of aspartame and Splenda. All of its cutesy lovey dovey little sweet precious messages makes me want to take out my axe and chop Barney's head off.

I completely understand that I'm not the target audience of this POS but I can name a show MUCH better aimed at kids the age Barney is aimed at: Sesame Street. Sesame Street is awesome. Sesame Street is educational. This show isn't. Not in the slightest. It's actually harmful by teaching kids that the world is filled with good people and that bad stuff are nonexistent. Even as a kid I never really liked Barney. I loved the anti-Barney humor so much better because you know it's cool to hate him.

Rant done.

Some shows I didn't list here but deserve a special mention: Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, Johnny Test, Jersey Shore, iCarly, Problem Solverz. For some of these I would like to watch an episode or two just to see how bad people really say they are.

tl;dr version of my post

Spongebob Squarepants (later seasons): It currently sucks. I hate it.
The Fairly Oddparents (later seasons): I used to like it show but now it sucks.
Fanboy and Chum-Chum: This show is disgusting and ugly
Nick 10: Not really a show but I HATE THIS PILE OF JUNK
Adventure Time: Isn't for me, but that doesn't make it bad
Almost Naked Animals: WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
Barney the Dinosaur: Saccharine coated dinosaur crap

Baby Luigi said:
First, just look at the title. "Almost Naked Animals". Read it to yourself. Say it out loud. Are you surprised that this show is even on in the first place with a name like that? Who in the world thought this would be a good idea? Can you imagine the dignity falling if you said, "I watched Almost Naked Animals today!"? It's even worse than saying "I watched the Care Bears movie today!".

Now i stopped reading here.
STOP THIS TRAIN RIGHT HERE.

DON'T YOU BE HATING ON THE CARE BEARS MOVIE, THAT MOVIE IS AMAZING.

I haven't seen it, but I'm just basing it off the title of it. But there are some aspects of the Care Bears movie I liked, most noticeably the villain...still hurts for me to say that I liked something about Care Bears...

As for a serious post:

There are only two shows I seriously dislike: Jersery Shore and keeping up with the kardashians

Other than that I don' think anything is all that bad.

Also you are exaggerating just a bit with Almost Naked Animals, I just watched some of it, and though it looks absolutely hideous I laughed a little. Not something I would ever watch, but I think you are exaggerating.

I don't really watch TV at all anymore anyways so who cares. (Unless a channel comes on tv that consistently only shows reruns of friends, invader zim and danny phantom, in which i will have my tv turned on at all times.)

Nick recently got something called "Awesomeness TV" hosted by Daniella Monet showing people doing random trash like dropping their plasma t.v. boxes.

Also, Nick's having a Rabbids cartoon soon.

Rocker64 said:
Also you are exaggerating just a bit with Almost Naked Animals, I just watched some of it, and though it looks absolutely hideous I laughed a little. Not something I would ever watch, but I think you are exaggerating.

Maybe but I still hate the show.

Poliswag said:
Nick recently got something called "Awesomeness TV" hosted by Daniella Monet showing people doing random trash like dropping their plasma t.v. boxes.

Also, Nick's having a Rabbids cartoon soon.

That's official. Nick is on crack.

Jersey Shore and Geordie Shore.

I hate chavs so much that I class them as a separate species from humans, so why would I want to watch a show about chavs doing chav things. Answer: I wouldn't and I doubt. The adverts they show are enough to make me want to throw my remote at the TV.

Inside Gatwick.

This is a show about Gatwick airport, why the hell do I care about what is going on in an airport. And from the adverts I saw it was about people complaining about their flights getting delayed. Who thought that would make good TV?

Also, The Jeremy Kyle Show.

Which neatly brings me back to my chav point. 'My chav boyfriend did a chav thing' Here's a solution dump him and move on, rather than go on TV and get shouted at by an arsehole.

I could never stand Dora the Explorer, even when I was a kid. I always hated Dora, and her cartoons drive me crazy. I'm not exactly sure what about this show I hate so much, but I think it's the incredibly annoying voices, this lamely-executed breaking the fourth wall thing, and just the stupid characters. I remember depicting Dora as a villain and having Mario and Luigi slaughter her.

Bowser45 said:
Spongebob

I hate that show with a passion

Care to explain? I won't bite. I'm understanding.

Baby Luigi said:
Almost Naked Animals

id never heard of this so i googled it

i discovered that one of the characters is a duck with nipples, and another one is an octopus with fur :⁠(

Yoshi876 said:
Jersey Shore

oh my god i hate that show with the intensity of

it makes it even more painful because i'm italian and from new jersey, and that's not how we talk, think or act in the slightest.

I feel that there is a lot more crap on Cartoon Network than Nickolodeon though.

Spongebob and Fairy Odd Parents definitely have gone downhill and been more simplified into terms of chracaterization (just like BLOF, they aren't so dynamic anymore because just show mostly the main characteristic in each episode), but at least still are decent enough to watch. Like, they aren't the shows that they were back then, but they are good enough. I do agree that Fanboy and Chumchum, that Robot show, and Nick 10 definitely just make Spongebob and Fairy Odd Parents more appealing. At least Korra - while not being as good as the original series - still gives us a lot of light in some of the dark times on the network.

Cartoon Network though has lost it for the most part. Regular Show is just stupid; I feel like it's aiming at immature kids that like to tell "your mom" jokes and like to be lazy and do nothing. The sad part is that it's one of the better shows on the channel now, and it gives a terrible message to kids. Then you have the Almost Naked Animals, which makes no sense whatsoever, and is completely pointless of a show. It's just them basically milking whatever they can from such a dead-end topic that basically no one would even though of. The Amazing World of Gumball is also one of those shows where it is just like "wtf"; I mean, it's just stupid random stuff that literally doesn't nothing other than just bore you for half an hour as you watch random gifs played on your TV. Even one of my favorite shows - Total Drama - has been kind of going downhill a bit. They are changing up the cast too much, and though it's still a great show to watch, I feel that it's not the same sparkle it used to have.

I do think that the best show on there right now is Adventure Time. I mean, I really find myself enjoying it, and I don't know why. I think it's just that I really enjoy how creative and inventive the entire world is of Ooo, and I mean there is stuff that shouldn't be on there for children, but it's still a pretty good show. It's not enough to make up for the rest of the shows on the network, but at least it's okay.

my main beef with total drama is that it's gotten very, very silly over the years

not bad, mind you, just silly.

just compare episodes like "awake-a-thon" and "paintball deer hunter" with "truth or laser shark" and "the enchanted frankenforest" and you'll see what i mean.

I think Total Drama has been always very silly, but World Tour took the parody and kind of stretched it. I haven't watched the fourth season though.

I just want Bridgette to make it almost to end, like final 5 or something. I'm tired of her always been voted off just only a few episodes in.

And I think while more sillier with the challenges and stuff, at least it was a lot more cleaner than the first season. I mean seriously, they showed (blurred of course) Heather's chest, Herald's privates, Owen's blurred (several times), and a bunch of other stuff.

Then again, they have been showing a lot more puke nowadays then they did in the first few seasons.

Bulbasaur said:
Baby Luigi said:
Almost Naked Animals

i discovered that one of the characters is a duck with nipples, and another one is an octopus with fur :⁠(

This type of imagery makes me want to gouge my eyes out and not make me regret it later on.

Bulbasaur said:
Baby Luigi said:
Almost Naked Animals

i discovered that one of the characters is a duck with nipples, and another one is an octopus with fur stubble:⁠(

Fixed.

All the animals are covered in stubble. Even the females. Even the fish. Even the birds. Ick. As an added bonus, the males get nipples. And all the characters eyes bulge out and seem as if they're going to fall out any second.

The-Gang-almost-naked-animals-23185133-1024-768.jpg

Gad, even the title has stubble. It reminds me of something that needs waxing.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Yoshi876 said:
Jersey Shore and Geordie Shore.

I hate chavs so much that I class them as a separate species from humans, so why would I want to watch a show about chavs doing chav things. Answer: I wouldn't and I doubt. The adverts they show are enough to make me want to throw my remote at the TV.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jul/01/geordie-shore-noblest-people-in-britain

this changes your opinion of these shows entirely, I swear
The article kind enough to say 'They don't simply aspire to be famous, they aspire to be hated'. And they've definitely done that, and good ol' Charlie Brooker confirms that James isn't from this planet.

And besides, I'd never kill my neighbours with my bare hands, my knife does a lot better job :)

The Simpsons

I don't hate this show because I watched some old episodes on the web and played Hit & Run before, but the newer episodes (after the animation redesign) got kinda bland in my opinion. They made the show more mature instead of being the old, humorous episodes you still find on Sky TV, Ralph rarely appears nowadays, and when he does he doesn't have the same old funny quotes he had once.

Peppa Pig

This show is extremely annoying, first of all the voices are the same as Ben and Holly's little kingdom, they make the boys/men animals look fat by giving their bodies circles (OH GOD NO!) and Peppa doesn't even know very obvious things.

South Park.

It makes me chuckle slightly VERY rarely, most of the characters are really annoying, so are the jokes. the worst thing about it is the animation. (God, would you even call that animation?).

The Amazing World of Gumball.

I don't hate this show, it's okay, but i think it's really overrated.

Mad.

An unfunny version of Robot Chicken.

I could go on for quite a while, but i won't.

cryoAwakening said:
Cartoon Network though has lost it for the most part. Regular Show is just stupid; I feel like it's aiming at immature kids that like to tell "your mom" jokes and like to be lazy and do nothing. The sad part is that it's one of the better shows on the channel now, and it gives a terrible message to kids.
you shut the fuck up I love Regular Show

Back