Television Shows You Despise (rant thread)

Is the Regular Show even aimed at kids?

Hannah Montana

By far the cheesiest show I've seen.

There's not much else I despise.

Kung Fu Panda:Legends of Awesomeness:It lacks the action the movies had, and the humor's bland IMO.

Every sitcom on Nick:They all seem the same and the jokes are horrible. Nuff said.

Planet Sheen:Where to start...Sheen's dumber than usual (he couldn't remember his BEST FRIEND for crying out loud!).The characters are stupid,there's only one mention of Jimmy,and why he doesn't give a crap about Sheen and doesn't rescue him is beyond me.

The Looney Tunes Show:I just couldn't get hooked to it.Not to mention the music videos are annoying.I admit the roadrunner cartoons are funny,though.

The Garfield Show:Personally this is one my least favorite shows of all time.The animation is horrid,the jokes don't even give me a chuckle,and the ideas for episodes are unoriginal and sometimes ridiculous ("From the Oven" comes to mind).

Some shows mentioned in this thread that I like:
  • Care Bears
  • Adventure Time
  • Barney the Dinosaur (I liked it when I was a little kid. The notion that his head ought to be barbequed is immature.)
  • Regular Show
  • The Simpsons
  • South Park
  • Looney Tunes Show (Guilty pleasure... I still heavily prefer the original Looney Tunes.)

Here are some shows I like that other people don't like:
  • Teenage Robot
  • CSI Miami (YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH)
  • Little Bear (little bear is a BAMF)
  • Cow & Chicken
  • Everybody Loves Raymond
  • Hey Arnold!
  • Hey Arnold!
  • Hey Arnold!
  • Danny Phantom
  • MLP:FIM

Some shows I specifically dislike:
  • Every show on the History Channel that isn't related to history.
  • Every show on MTV, especially Jersey Shore.
  • Probably 90% of cartoons that began after 2005. (I would hate all of them if I really was suffering from baby duck syndrome or nostalgia goggles. I'm not.)
  • 30 Days (fuck Morgan Spurlock)
  • Johnny Quest (I know it's a classic but it bores the hell out of me.)
  • Judge Judy
  • COPS

you guys must have forgotten to read the small print- by posting in this thread, you legally accept the title of 'asshole' and the responsibilities thereof.

man, when i saw it was a post by you, i expected a rant about glenn beck or something

im so disappointed

Nice Cage said:
you guys must have forgotten to read the small print- by posting in this thread, you legally accept the title of '*bleep*' and the responsibilities thereof.

That's what I intended. Anyone with common sense can see that that's why the small print isn't any bigger

I would like to rant about Rush Limbaugh and other stuff too but eh...I don't watch that crap either.

85 said:
Bulbasaur said:
man, when i saw it was a post by you, i expected a rant about glenn beck or something

im so disappointed

wait when did blof get into political commentary?

i was talking to nice cage

Baby Luigi and I forgot to say that we both dislike Family Guy. The show has a bunch of weak, offensive jokes that I never found funny, even in the earlier seasons. It also has horrendous animation (a thing of Seth McFarlane cartoons). Plus, some members of the fanbase are enough to make me cringe.

Barney the Dinosaur: I liked it when I was a little kid. The notion that his head ought to be barbequed is immature.
Of course it's immature. I prefer a rocket launcher, to be honest. Ok, I just like seeing that stupid dopey dinosaur get killed. Older kids and adults hate that show. Barney is an unpopular character.

Red Boo said:
I really, REALLY don't wanna see this show becoming the same as Family Guy.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Family Guy.

Besides, it's more popular than Simpsons anyways, and is the number one Show by most viewed on Fox.

85 said:
i assumed regular show was in the 10-16 market, with maybe some older offshoot from adult swim

That's mostly why I don't like Regular Show, because it's borderline Adult Swim at times. Sorry if you don't agree with this statement, but some of the stupidest shows are on Adult Swim (past midnight; KotH, FG, and AD are all good), and are just twisted.

cryoAwakening said:

Besides, it's more popular than Simpsons anyways, and is the number one Show by most viewed on Fox.

It doesn't make the show good or funny in my opinion. Most of the characters are heartless idiots, especially in the later episodes, from what I've heard. Besides, when a show has to resort to putting a pedophile on a "comedy" show, that's really low. There are also myriads of pop culture references and sex "jokes". Ew. Me stay away.

It's actually harmful by teaching kids that the world is filled with good people

yes, raise our children into cynical assholes by teaching them that nobody can be trusted and everybody is out for themselves

what an american way of thinking. i'm sure these kids will grow up and be able to form meaningful relationships with other human beings and form a peaceful society

Hey that's what I am today: a cynical grouch with little regard to other people. And am I happy? Absolutely.

I was grown up with people I despised a lot.

Puddin said:
  • Danny Phantom

• I love CSI Miami and Danny Phantom. Never thought there'd be anyone else.

However, back to topic I hate films that get turned into TV shows like Barnyard and Kung Fu Panda

Yoshi876 said:
Puddin said:
  • Danny Phantom

However, back to topic I hate films that get turned into TV shows like Barnyard and Kung Fu Panda

Hey I love Danny Phantom too. It's too bad it got cancelled some time ago.

On your second point, I agree too. I don't know why quality decreases when the movie gets turned into a show. I really don't.

• Yoshi876 said:

I feel like they're corporate sell-outs. They're trying to squeeze the last buck out of popular movies, and it shows, considering the quality drop.

Baby Luigi said:
Yoshi876 said:
Puddin said:
  • Danny Phantom

I'll fourth this

Baby Luigi said:

On your second point, I agree too. I don't know why quality decreases when the movie gets turned into a show. I really don't.
It was never cancelled. They finished the series off with Phantom Planet.

Really? Then it must have been good to end rather than continue beating it like the Fairly Oddparents, on the positive side...

Baby Luigi said:
Hey that's what I am today: a cynical grouch with little regard to other people. And am I happy? Absolutely.

OH SHIT TOO EDGY

cryoAwakening said:
Red Boo said:
I really, REALLY don't wanna see this show becoming the same as Family Guy.

85 said:
i assumed regular show was in the 10-16 market, with maybe some older offshoot from adult swim

That's mostly why I don't like Regular Show, because it's borderline Adult Swim at times. Sorry if you don't agree with this statement, but some of the stupidest shows are on Adult Swim (past midnight; KotH, FG, and AD are all good), and are just twisted.

You object to things being twisted, but you like Family Guy?

Mario Party X said:
Of course it's immature. I prefer a rocket launcher, to be honest. Ok, I just like seeing that stupid dopey dinosaur get killed. Older kids and adults hate that show. Barney is an unpopular character.

actually, it's a sign of desperate childishness to hate Barney. I grew out of it when I was ten. You will too.

Bulbasaur said:

im so disappointed

are you confusing me with someone else?

i don't like glenn beck but i don't shoehorn politics into everything

i dont think so. i recall you making a lot of posts about politics. but maybe i just remember those kinds of posts better because i care about politics a lot

Nice Cage said:
Baby Luigi said:

OH *bleep* TOO EDGY

Heh heh heh :bowser:

Back