Characters confirmed to return in SSB4

According to SmashWiki, he can't glide out of Shuttle Loop anymore, but it attacks twice.

Well, I hope Meta Knight is reworked, but I don't trust Nintendo's balancing "skills".

Maᴙio said:
Well, I hope Meta Knight is reworked, but I don't trust Nintendo's balancing "skills".

Namco-Bandai is involved this time around, though. Things might be different now.

Delayed response to this... better late then never, I suppose.

So Meta Knight's back, that was a tad unexpected! It's weird, I thought they'd reveal Ganondorf on Thursday to tie in with the release of Hyrule Warriors in Japan, but I doubt they'd reveal one veteran immediately after another... and they didn't, so so much for that. Anyway... You know, it's weird how the detail on his mask and armor is more realistic... Yet he's still a blue sphere. It's a very interesting juxtaposition.

Another thing, and this is purely a "me" thing, I always saw Meta Knight as being a "fan favorite" character as far as Kirby characters go. Kirby's the main protagonist, and King Dedede is often the primary antagonist, and appears in every single game (except The Amazing Mirror for some dumb reason), but Meta Knight, to me, was just a popular recurring boss, that likely got a huge boost in popularity thanks to the Kirby anime a decade or so back. He was in Kirby's Adventure, then in Kirby Super Star, and a couple of spin-offs, but that was it. It wasn't until the anime and the Kirby's Adventure remake, Nightmare in Dream Land, that Meta Knight started appearing in every single game, leading up to having a major role in the one game King Dedede did not appear in. This kind of led me to feeling that Meta Knight's overrated, though I still like him, and out of all the Kirby characters aside from Kirby and King Dedede, Meta Knight is the best choice for a Kirby character in Super Smash Bros. And as such, I'm really glad he's back; he rounds out the Kirby cast nicely!

Back