Characters confirmed to return in SSB4

honestly there is more sexual to samus then the heels.

Her entire suit for example is just a tight suit fully capable of showing her body form, unlike some of the other characters such as peach and zelda.

and besides i agree with anser on this one, samus is nowhere near as bad as other figher girls such as doa, soul calibur, mortal kombat, or darkstalkers.

Samus may be nintendos current sex appeal, but quite literally, its not even an issue.

I love women, i really do, and i think samus should be wearing something a bit more interesting then a skin tight suit, but complaining about it over and over, is just wasting your energy and giving everyone a headache.

It's not worth your time.

I'm with Anser and Zae on this one.

So what if it's not realistic? Neither is a talking penguin with a mallet.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
chillv said:
Anser said:
I actually like Zero Suit Samus' new look a lot. The high heels make her look sexier. I don't care if it's sexist or non-practical. She looks awesome.

There's nothing wrong with viewing someone as sexy because of how they dress. That's completely normal and human.
There is something wrong if high-heels make a woman sexy, but debilitating; it reminds me of foot-binding. It's considered "sexy" at the time, but the woman's foot bones are heavily compromised. It is a bit extreme, but I can make the analogy nevertheless. It's not normal and human to view debilitated women as "sexy"; it's misogynistic.

So does that make it bad for women to like how dudes look in loafers, because I believe loafers put a lot of stress on a man's feet, especially the toes.

Anser said:
It's just a videogame, so I don't care if it's practical for her or not. It's not supposed to be realistic. It's not like wearing high heels will make her trip, or might make her break her leg so she won't be able to battle anymore. They also make her look more elegant. I don't think they exaggerated the sexual part too much either. We all know Samus is a voluptuous woman, so I don't think it makes sense to reduce her features. It could be much worse, you know. Have you seen the women from Mortal Kombat? Now THAT'S an exaggeration and an over-sexualization of women.

Besides, Peach has worn heels for battling for two times in a row, and she was driven cars wearing them too, and I think I haven't seen one complaint about that yet. If we're going to discuss about how practical characters' attires are, Peach gets the award for the least practical of all. Battling in a dress? That sure is non-practical. Same goes for Zelda.
Sure, it's a simple video game, but you have to make it believable as well. Zero Suit Samus is one of those characters that like to be a tad more realistic than other characters. High heels won't make her trip in a video game, but the infeasibility of fighting with high heels makes it ridiculous in a bad way. There are more practical ways of making a woman elegant and like an actual person battling than using high heels. Mortal Kombat and Soul Caliber are deplorable examples of women, but it doesn't excuse the high heels. I have no problem with the skin-tight suit either. At least she's fully covered, and it can aid her when she is supposed to wear a top-heavy suit over it.

Meh, I really hate high heels, and I'd like to see them go in real life and in fiction. Peach, unlike Zero Suit Samus, is a cartoon character that has never really been put in combat, while Zelda also rarely engages in combat. There has to be a fine ground between recognition and practicality, so I'll let Peach and Zelda slide.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Sure, it's a simple video game, but you have to make it believable as well.

I'm sorry, but there's absolutely nothing in Super Smash Bros that is believable to me at all.

I get your hatred of high heels, although I don't share it. Personally, I like them. To each their own, I guess.

Dankey Kang said:
I'm with Anser and Zae on this one.

So what if it's not realistic? Neither is a talking penguin with a mallet.
Can he talk? I've only seen him grunt and laugh.

Also, I don't think "realism" is the issue people take with this. I've seem some argue practicality, but really, I think that showing Samus can kick ass in high heels actually is a big mark on her abilities, rather then a detriment. I mean, yeah, it WOULD be hard to walk around in them... and yet Samus is moving around just fine. PLUS they're jet boots, everyone keeps overlooking that!

Misty said:
See the Kirby anime.
...That's not Super Smash Bros.

BTW, I HAVE seen the Kirby anime, and know Masahiro Sakurai had a lot of involvement with that show. Doesn't necessarily mean Dedede does much talking in Super Smash Bros. Or in the Kirby games for that matter.

Dankey Kang said:
Anser said:
I actually like Zero Suit Samus' new look a lot. The high heels make her look sexier. I don't care if it's sexist or non-practical. She looks awesome.
And besides, tripping has been removed, so that's not an issue.
ah ha ha, good response

as for all this debate over heels or something, aren't they supposed to give her rocket jumping or something? idk

Well, this was a surprise.

I remember a long while back, I was having fun trying to predict who would be revealed and when, but ever since Yoshi wasn't revealed when everyone was expecting to, and with the drought that's been happening with character reveals for the past few months, I kind of fell out of that. Every day, I visit the main Smash Bros. site, half-hoping to see a new character page added though knowing it likely won't happen... so this kind of too me by surprise, especially considering that this is Ike. Just out of curiosity, I decided to look up some release dates to see if today coincided with anything, and as it turns out, today marks the 9th anniversary of the North American release of Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones! ...Interesting, huh?

So let's talk about Ike, shall we? I think I like many others assumed that he'd be removed/replaced by Chrom or a Fire Emblem: Awakening character. Admittedly, I used him more then Marth in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but I also assumed he would be cut because of relevancy. Seeing him come back, brings me greater hope for a lot of returning veterans that haven't been confirmed yet, moreso then when Lucario was confirmed! He also looks more like he did in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, which I find to be a plus! See, while I found Ike to be an awesome character, I didn't think the way he played matched his character. In Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Ike was very quick and speedy, not at all like the slow-moving power house he was in Brawl. With his look being more based on that of Radiant Dawn, and his moveset seeming to be relatively unchanged, I think this works out better, since Ike can indeed be slower and more powerful in Radiant Dawn, if I recall. Plus, he just LOOKS more powerful; just look at those arms!

Also, is it just me or do his cloths/colors seem slightly brighter then they were in his game? Either way, this is a nice little treat. Makes me wonder if anyone else will get confirmed before E3... It's easy to say that's unlikely, but with Sakurai, you really can never know...

I really wasn't anticipating a character reveal this close to E3. I'm actually pretty happy with the roster. I just need Ness, Captain Falcon, Falco, Mr. Game & Watch, Ice Climbers and Ganondorf and I'd be happy, but I do want as little cuts as possible.

You know, I pray to god they bring back C. Falcon and Ness. I mean, they were in it from the beginning.
Maybe that rumored 3DS game I've heard about is an Earthbound game so Ness can be in SSB4...

I can still hope...

I doubt anyone here wants R.O.B. back, but dear god do I.

He does. I mean, he's retro, so...

But it is possible Little Mac took his place.

Who else here thinks Pac-Man's gonna be announced at E3?

Nope. Mega Man and Sonic are enough for third-party characters.

Well, Namco Bandai is developing the game, so I think it's highly possible.

Super Smash Misty said:
Also, I'd much rather have Snake than Pac-Man. Pac-Man wouldn't even have a unique moveset.
Um, Pac-Man can eat people, roll into a ball, throw Pac-Dots, and turn into Super Pac-Man. I typed up a whole thing for if Pac-Man was in SSB, but I can't find it...

Anyway he'd be rather unique.

Back