Characters confirmed to return in SSB4

Smashgoom202 said:
Northern Verve said:
Before people tell GP that Little Mac's not a veteran

Little Mac did return from Brawl. He just went from Assist Trophy to Playable ;)
Dang it! You beat me to it!

Also, the fact that he's a "boxer" makes me wonder how he's going to grab anyone...

well he has arms.

Randy Cunningham said:
But how do you grab someone with boxing gloves?

idk

im sure there are ways but ive never used boxing gloves so lol

Then again, if Strong Bad can type while wearing boxing gloves, it shouldn't be too much trouble for Mac to grab opponents with them.

By the way, his K.O. feature seems overpowered even by newcomer trailer standards.

GalacticPetey said:
Randy Cunningham said:
How does Kirby grab people with stubs?

I seriously never noticed that.

Then again, if Strong Bad can type while wearing boxing gloves, it shouldn't be too much trouble for Mac to grab opponents with them.

By the way, his K.O. feature seems overpowered even by newcomer trailer standards.

a wild assumption at that

it could be resetted via ko, it could build up slowly, etc. etc.

I wish people would stop assuming and kinda use their heads on this, no one really knows much about it and in time we'll probably see how it works.

Fighter Zae said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Northern Verve said:

Little Mac did return from Brawl. He just went from Assist Trophy to Playable ;)

Also, the fact that he's a "boxer" makes me wonder how he's going to grab anyone...

well he has arms.
That's not what I mean. I meant that in boxing it's illegal to grab your opponent.

Smashgoom202 said:
Fighter Zae said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Northern Verve said:

well he has arms.
That's not what I mean. I meant that in boxing it's illegal to grab your opponent.

yeah but this isnt boxing so lol

free for all arena and all

Randy Cunningham said:
The trailer shows him using what I assume to be his grab/pummel on Marth. Blink and you'll miss it.

I never really used Diddy and I found his Final Smash hard to control

Dorayaki said:
Not sure if Diddy has to be back. Wish that there is at least a newcomer from DK series.

Diddy was going to be back no matter what. He, Wario, and Yoshi are all characters that are absolute shoe-ins to return even in comparison to the other characters. I never understood why you had any doubts (Or perhaps even hope) that Diddy wasn't going to be playable in SSB4.

Hotaru Tomoe said:
main.png

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/diddy_kong.html

diddy kong is back
And it's about time too!

And this time, he's in the mood! :P

...Here's hoping they change his Final Smash to something more original.

Northern Verve said:
Dorayaki said:
Not sure if Diddy has to be back. Wish that there is at least a newcomer from DK series.
Diddy was going to be back no matter what. He, Wario, and Yoshi are all characters that are absolute shoe-ins to return even in comparison to the other characters. I never understood why you had any doubts (Or perhaps even hope) that Diddy wasn't going to be playable in SSB4.
For the characters that aren't the protagonists of core SMB games, Wario and DK are obvious choices for having strong enough subseries. I'm not sure of Yoshi's game, but at least Nintendo do want to promote his games recently so I don't have any comment on this .

So this leaves Diddy, who is a second representive of a subseries. As mentioned, not all characters would return -- possibly same for Mario series, Diddy does look like the most possible one for cut (though maybe it's my own thought). But in your saying, it would be that all Mario characters must return and there is no room for discussion.

Not for being a Diddy hater, I agree with Nintendo if trading old characters for newcomers. While Rosalina is a debatable but cool addition, another DK/Wario character would be nice.

In Smash they represent their respective series, so they're not really classed as Mario characters.

Jim McGinn said:
In Smash they represent their respective series, so they're not really classed as Mario characters.

Oh, I thought we were talking about them in general. Then yes, all Mario characters have already returned (and possibly, all Donkey Kong characters too).

Yoshi, Charizard, Zero Suit Samus and Shiek all returning

Back