Glowsquid post statements from wikis that amuses him

Lumastar said:
Can I post something from a certain wiki?
Why wouldn't you be able to?

Maternal insult Wikipedia article said:
A maternal insult (also referred to as a "yo mama" joke) is a reference to a person's mother through the use of phrases such as "your mother" or other regional variants, frequently used to insult the target by way of their mother.[1] Used as an insult, "your mother..." preys on widespread sentiments of filial piety, making the insult particularly and globally offensive. "Your mother" can be combined with most types of insults, although suggestions of promiscuity are particularly common.[2] Insults based on obesity, incest, age, race, poverty, poor hygiene, unattractiveness, or stupidity may also be used. Compared to other types of insults, "your mother" insults are especially likely to incite violence.[3] Slang variants such as "yo mama", "yo momma", "yer ma", "ya mum", "your mum" or "your mom" are sometimes used, depending on the local dialect. Insults involving "your mother" are commonly used when playing the dozens.

Glowsquid said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Penders

On March 5, 2014, Penders announced on his Twitter account that his characters were no longer echidna but Echyd'nya, an alien species.[12] Penders stated reasons for the change was that he needed to make some adjustments to broaden the audience while making certain longtime fans get answers and resolution and because of the difficulty he has seen with people pronouncing the word echidna.[13]

Incidentally, the cluster*bleep* surrounding that guy and Archie's Sawnic comics is very lulzy.
My friend (who's a Sawnic fan) said he should get lynched, but I condemned him for this.

Just a taste of the clusterfuck...

Nintendo's Miis got their name as a pun on "Me" and "Wii", the console on which they made their debut. Half of that pun now makes little sense if you use them on the 3DS.

Most unofficial fan sequels to the popular NES game Duck Hunt actually do not involve shooting any ducks at all, since there aren't any there — you now instead shoot dogs.
for some reason these made me laugh

Magikrazy said:
Nintendo's Miis got their name as a pun on "Me" and "Wii", the console on which they made their debut. Half of that pun now makes little sense if you use them on the 3DS.

Most unofficial fan sequels to the popular NES game Duck Hunt actually do not involve shooting any ducks at all, since there aren't any there — you now instead shoot dogs.
for some reason these made me laugh
Where are these from, fellow Un-MarioWiki hater?

http://serioussam.wikia.com/wiki/The_First_Encounter#Development_History

. Two weeks later, the satirical video game website Old Man Murray had an interview with Croteam, where they discussed such issues as an alleged anti-American Croat conspiracy, then-Croatian president Franjo Tuđman's Nazi sympathies, and most importantly, Croteam's CEO thinking the word “crate” means “vehicle”.

The admins on Smashwiki are really fucking intense.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/User_talk:Toomai/Archive_13#Status_of_Omega_Tyrant

Or you know, you're an awful out-of-touch admin with terrible judgement, who repeatedly abuses his power and status, constantly makes awful decisions and then obstructs any effort to undo it, while refusing any discussion about it, and constantly has to be told by another admin to knock his shit off? Fyi dude, I'm not the only one thinks this lowly of you, pretty much every establish user sees you as an awful admin the wiki would be better without, and the only reason no one will go through with trying to get you demodded is because of the lack of admins and users willing to try getting adminship. Have you ever done some self-reflection?

Generally I'll agree, but my patience with Miles' asshattery, refusal to listen and debate dissenting views, and refusal to actually improve his problems, has ran completely out, and thus I will not filter out any of my statements towards him. If Miles insists on maintaining his detrimental behavior and abuse of his admin powers, I will not soften my words for him and will continue to make it be known how awful of an admin he is.

Well let's get this straight here.

Miles asserts that OT is a crass, disrespectful admin that cares more about winning debates than anything else.
OT asserts that Miles refuses to change with the times and will claim he is right regardless of discussion.

These are the assumptions I'll be working off here. If one of the two involved believe I have their claim wrong, then set me straight in 30 words or less in the same format as above. You get one chance at this, so make sure you get it right the first time. If you don't follow these instructions, or you're not one of these two admins, don't comment, or I might block you for lacking reading comprehension.

Editing there must sometimes be like navigating a minefield.

The two nearly plummet down a waterfall to their deaths, but Max fortunately saves Goofy, using the Perfect Cast technique.

Roxanne speaks with Max and agrees to go with him to a party where Powerline's concert will be aired live, but Mazur forewarns Goofy that Max's actions may result in facing capital punishment.

Mario4Ever said:
Editing there must sometimes be like navigating a minefield.
Could be a little spat between two people though, but being there myself, I don't really appreciate OmegaTyrant's attitude. He does have a few good points when it comes to competitive gaming, and I can relate to him since his initial training was mostly against bots. But yeah, I think I get a little scared talking to him.

knew I forgot a classic

Jonah Adam Falcon (born July 29, 1970) is an American actor and writer from New York City, who is known for his large penis.[1]

well you're not late at all

http://www.mariowiki.com/Great_Ape_War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Sound_of_Thunder#Characters

Symbols

Tyrannosaurus Rex – The Tyrannosaurus Rex is also called “The Tyrant Lizard, the most incredible monster in history”. As a symbol, the dinosaur represents an Adolf Hitler character. This representation as a Hitler by Bradbury is taken further by his use of the color red paint as a marker for what animal they can kill while they are in the past.

the t.rex doesn't represent hitler, he's an hitler. i'm sorry but only an higher-grade dinosaur can be hitler.

What exactly is "an Adolf Hitler character"? A corollary to Godwin's Law?

Curse of the Colonel refers to an urban legend regarding a reputed curse placed on the Japanese Kansai-based Hanshin Tigers baseball team by deceased KFC founder and mascot Colonel Harland Sanders.

Quality writing

In an interview about the development of Super Mario Sunshine with producer Takashi Tezuka and directors Yoshiaki Koizumi and Kenta Usui, it was mentioned that the game's development began with the idea of gameplay involving a water pump.[14] However, at first the developers thought that the world was too daringly out of character with Mario. Therefore, they tried using a man-type character, but thought this was too odd and that "if there was a man next to Mario, there is a sense of incongruity."[14]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wario_Land:_Shake_It!#A_Link_to_the_Past.2FNew_Age_Retro_Hippie_doesn.27t_understand_policy_much

(read from the top too, lol)

old-school mariowikites will remember this fucker

Sonic News Network is a quality source of information featuring...

... extensive, substantiated research...

Omega was likely made to be a "filler character" for Team Dark in Sonic Heroes since no previous character would fit the role, or possibly because Iizuka didn't want to bring too many old characters and continued the tradition of adding a new one each game. It is also possible Iizuka made him as a nod to the E-100 Series since the ones from Sonic Adventure had all been destroyed.

Iizuka was possibly assisted in designing Omega by Nobuhiko Honda, Sonic Heroes's player designer.[9] His design appears to have been made with the intention of fitting in with the rest of the E-100 Series robots from Sonic Adventure (particularly Gamma) while making him stand out by giving him a stockier upper body and arms with different colored eyes.

... a scrupulous avoidance of bathos...

The automaton then watched Shadow when he discovered a robot in his likeness before the ultimate life form ordered them to move and they proceeded to Frog Forest.

... a keen understanding of the Sonic fandom...

Reception

Omega has a mixed reception from fans. Some see Omega simply as a bad remake of E-102 Gamma, that he is just a filler for Team Dark, saying that both Gamma and his story are much more complex than Omega, although some like that because they think quite a few Sonic characters are too complex, like Shadow the Hedgehog for example. Some see him as a fun character not really needed to the plot and acts as a sort of comedy relief to the games he's in.

... why does that page have 130 fucking citations jesus christ

Back