100% Completing Games

I have played so many games over the years that I have forgotten which ones I completed. Now I have to go back and look at all my save data.

Just of the top of my head...
Super Mario World (every Yoshi coin and path)
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Lego Star Wars 2 (not technically because Super Story for Episode V would always always always glitch up but I still count it: I even got 4,000,000,000 studs, which is the max amount of money)
Super Mario 3D Land

All I need is the gold items and I've 100% completed Mario Kart 7

Kirby's Epic Yarn
LEGO Batman: The Videogame
Metroid: Other M
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
New Super Mario Bros.
Eversion
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Luigi's Mansion
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario Galaxy
Donkey Kong Country Returns
LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures

Might be forgetting a few, but those are most of them.

Golden Sun
Sonic Colors
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario 64 DS
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Pokémon Snap
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Unleashed
Crash of the Titans
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex

Whoa. Kudos to you for 100%ing all 3 Metroid Primes and Super Paper Mario. I tried to get all the Catch Cards in Super Paper Mario, but it takes an awful long time. The Metroid Primes are a whole 'nother story.

MCS said:
Whoa. Kudos to you for 100%ing all 3 Metroid Primes and Super Paper Mario. I tried to get all the Catch Cards in Super Paper Mario, but it takes an awful long time. The Metroid Primes are a whole 'nother story.

Patience is the key

MCS said:

New Super Mario Bros. 2
(haven't gotten a million coins, though)
[/i]

You haven't 100% this game until you maxed out the coin counter

Took me a while to think about it.
My list is kind of long because I tend to have a penchant to fully clear games that I have.

Spyro The Dragon
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! /+Skill Points
Spyro: Year of the Dragon /+Skill Points
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
Spyro: Season of Ice
Spyro 2: Season of Flame
Spyro: Attack of the Rhynocs

Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 3
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic Spinball
Sonic Advance
Sonic Advance 3
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Riders
Sonic Classic Collection
Shadow The Hedgehog /All A ranks, Keys, the cutscene library can suck it, I don't even like Shadow.

Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Bros. 3: Super Mario Advance 4
Super Mario Land 2- 6 Golden Coins
Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
Yoshi's Island DS
Super Mario 64 DS
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!
Super Mario Strikers
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Party 7
Mario Party 8
Mario Party 9
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

EarthBound
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Psychonauts
Digimon Rumble Arena
Crash Team Racing
Dillon's Rolling Western
Super Smash Bros.
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

I still have other games I am working on like Kid Icarus: Uprising, etc.

twinArmageddons said:
Yoshi's Island DS

I'm sorry but I don't believe you

YIDS is pretty much impossible to 100%

I only remember 100%ing Super Mario Galaxy and the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed, I prefer to replay games than 100% them.

The Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Bros. 1-3, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart DD, Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Smash Bros. Melee, Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy and Punch-Out!!

NSY said:
YIDS is pretty much impossible to 100%

Oh, this. Not only does the level design has major flaws, the collection aspect is so stupid and unforgiving.

the bonus levels are stupidly hard

like the perfect run

which is the only reason ill never 100% galaxy 2

But, let's see...

Wario Land 4 (I have obtained the Karaoke legitametly)
New Super Mario Bros. U
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (as much as I hate it, but I can't be assed to get a million coins)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
New Super Mario Bros.
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Paper Mario
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Kirby's Adventure (extra mode too)
Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
VVVVVV
Meat Boy (not Super, but the flash prototype)
Kirby Super Star
Kirby Super Star Ultra
WarioWare: Mega Microgame$! (Pyoro 2 was a huge pain)
WarioWare: Touched!
Super Mario 3D Land
Ed, Edd, n' Eddy: The Mis-Ed Ventures!

Games I'm close to 100%'ing save some stupid things:
Super Paper Mario (I need one catch card and a small portion of recipes)
Paper Mario: Sticker Star (those Super Flags can go die in a pit)
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (still need Beans)
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (ditto and Class 7)

Pyro said:

like the perfect run

Still haven't been able to beat that shit ever since I got to it in 2010.

I've tried it multiple times since I've reached it, and while I do considerably better on it now, I can never avenge the damn Hammer Bros. segment. Very seldom I'll get to the final platform with the Boomerang Bros, but I'll be too nervous and shaking at that point that I can barely defeat them worth anything.

It's kinda funny though because I beat 8-Crown in 3D Land in only a few tries. I found it a lot easier.

Beating both the Perfect Run and Special 8 Crown is nothing to boast about. Actually you get this feeling "Oh my f---ing god I'm finally done with this sh--".

personally getting 100% in a lot of games seems really freakish.

I mean i got 100% in vesperia and i was literally like "why the shit did i do this".

Also feel like it burns you out of the game too.

MCS said:
Pyro said:

like the perfect run

Still haven't been able to beat that *bleep* ever since I got to it in 2010.

I feel like I'm the only one calling out how the Perfect Run and 8-Crown have horrible level design, and the difficulty is artificial. It shares the characteristic of awful games that are difficult to beat, aside from controls: no checkpoints, sparse space for platforming (I'm looking at you 8-Crown), no way of recovering health (again, I'm looking at you 8-Crown), and generally ugly looking levels.

Yeah, people go and defend it as "This is a test to your platforming skills." No, it isn't. It's a level that was purposely made to be as difficult as possible with little thought going into it.

Zae said:
Also feel like it burns you out of the game too.

Some games, yeah, but that's not always the case. It all depends on how fun it is to go back and 100% everything. It's fun in some games, but in other games, it's really tedious if you have to grind.

Mario Party X said:
I feel like I'm the only one calling out how the Perfect Run and 8-Crown have horrible level design, and the difficulty is artificial. It shares the characteristic of awful games that are difficult to beat, aside from controls: no checkpoints, sparse space for platforming (I'm looking at you 8-Crown), no way of recovering health (again, I'm looking at you 8-Crown), and generally ugly looking levels.

Yeah, people go and defend it as "This is a test to your platforming skills." No, it isn't. It's a level that was purposely made to be as difficult as possible with little thought going into it.

I always wondered if Miyamoto ever tried either of those.

8-Crown was an annoyance with the whole "hey, we're only going to give you one block to step on" segment, but other than that I didn't find it that bad. The timing on the last segment that says "THANK YOU" can be tricky, though. I remember I died just before I reached the platform with the pipe leading to the goal, but I eventually did it.

Mario Party X said:
MCS said:
Pyro said:

like the perfect run

Still haven't been able to beat that *bleep* ever since I got to it in 2010.

I can agree with 8 Crown being kind of lame and having bad jumps but I think Perfect Run wasn't really as bad as you're saying it is. Despite all the deaths and hours I spent beating it, I didn't feel like it was cheap or the jumps were unfair, just that I needed to not be so impatient and wait a little bit before running near enemies.

But I don't want to argue with you, this is just my opinion.

MCS said:
The timing on the last segment that says "THANK YOU" can be tricky, though. I remember I died just before I reached the platform with the pipe leading to the goal, but I eventually did it.
There's a platform that carries you across the section while the panels are flipping to say it.

Mario Party X said:

You're certainly not the only one. I'm all for large, explorable worlds like Paper Mario, but 8-Crown has incredibly tight platforming just made to piss you off. Perfect Run is also very ugly, especially the electrical bars section and the final section. Heck, I swear 8-Crown has no decoration whatsoever. It's like a bad fangaming.

Pyro said:
There's a platform that carries you across the section while the panels are flipping to say it.

Wait, really? I don't remember that. I remember having to actually jump across the flipping platforms as they were spelling it out. The Tanooki Suit was a lifesaver in doing that, thankfully.

Pyro said:
Perfect Run is also very ugly, especially the electrical bars section and the final section.

In my years of experience of constantly failing The Perfect Run, I can easily say that the electrical bars section isn't as hard as some people make it. Once you get to the platform with the second electrical bar, you can long jump to the nearest pull-star so you don't have to maneuver through the other electrical bars. It's pretty easy from there.

But I do agree, the Hammer Bros section at the end was hell. You need to be alert of hammers coming at you at all directions, and it's just really nerve-wracking.

Back