Characters that won't return to SSB4

I swear I have absolutely no idea how to use Olimar effectively.

Time Turner said:
He's one of my mains.

Most of the time I'm just abusing C-Stick, grabs, and like two of his specials. Plus, his final smash is just amazing.

Time Turner said:

well he's not exactly easy to use and requires some practice more so than other characters, paying attention and taking some risks plays out for olimar, as you must know how to operate each pikmin, the range of his attacks, and a couple of other stuff.

I also kinda feel like that any character with their own original moveset has no right to really be removed. The cuts from Melee were all clones except for Mewtwo (Which I explained already that Lucario is arguably an improved replacement with a similar moveset). I don't think Sakurai intends on cutting a veteran leaving them exclusive to Brawl and/or Melee.

And honestly, there'd be a huge, huge backlash if Sonic misses out. Not only because of how popular he is. But the only possible logic behind cutting Sonic is "He and/or Snake are exclusives to Brawl to make it stand out more". Which would be complete bullshit. Also it makes no sense, business wise. Nintendo and Sega made a deal recently that Sonic would have his next 3 games exclusive to Nintendo Consoles. One is Sonic Lost World, Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games 2014, and the 3rd one's a mystery (Some speculate that the 3rd one IS SSB4 though, not sure if that counts though)

Also I don't see them missing out the chance to have Megaman, AND Sonic, AND Mario in the same game. That's opportunity to have at least 3 of the biggest Video game icons of all time. The cash would be flowing in.

SM, how would you react if Sonic got cut.

NSY said:
SM, how would you react if Sonic got cut.

Quite frankly, I'd be pissed.

I'd still get SSB4. But regardless, I don't see any good reason to cut Sonic. Sonic wasn't even intended to be in Brawl at first, but thanks to a high demand. Sakurai was pushed into getting him into Brawl. Some things in the game still pointed out to Sonic being a last minute addition such as his sudden out of nowhere appearence in the Subspace Emissiary and the fact he only got one remix (Angel Island).

But now they can put him in knowing he's going to be part of the game and give him even better representation then he got in Brawl.

yeah kinda hope sonic stays as well, his moveset is good but the stats of his moves are just lacking, update that and he gets better. Plus i like sonic in general.

if there is gonna be a story mode i really hope makes a pretty big impact(which strangely reminds me of pikmin for some reason).

I think Lucario, ROB, Snake and Toon Link would get cut. Lucario I think he might get replaced with Zoaroak (correct my spelling on this if it's wrong :p), ROB and Snake seemed really out of place and Toon Link was seen in one of the Spirit Track stages so I doubt he'll be in. =P

Wolf, I don't think he would get cut either, since I don't see him being a clone of Falco or Fox.
Same applies to Lucas; if someone pulls the "he's a clone of Ness" card I'm ranting about this. :P

I also kinda feel like if a popular character from Melee and Brawl doesn't make it in to SSB4. Then there will be more backlash to additions like the Wii Fit Trainer. Complaints being like "My favorite character from Melee and/or Brawl didn't get in, but *insert Wii Fit Trainer or something similar* did?!"

Northern Verve said:
I also kinda feel like if a popular character from Melee and Brawl doesn't make it in to SSB4. Then there will be more backlash to additions like the Wii Fit Trainer. Complaints being like "My favorite character from Melee and/or Brawl didn't get in, but *insert Wii Fit Trainer or something similar* did?!"
Yeah I know. You're reminding me of all the Roy fans who want HIM of all characters back. I loved using Roy too, but come on, do you realize how minor he is?

I don't see why people assume Zero Suit Samus is leaving. That's like saying Sheik is leaving. Samus used a final smash in the trailer and I don't think they'd change it where she doesn't lose her armor.

I see Toon Link (even thought he was better than Link), Wolf, and Lucario getting the shaft. R.O.B. is another possibility as well.

Booker said:
Samus used a final smash in the trailer and I don't think they'd change it where she doesn't lose her armor.

That's pretty much why I think ZSS will return.

Also, while Lucario and Toon Link are still the only two that I'm pretty sure will be removed, Wolf, Pokemon Trainer, Lucas, Ike, and R.O.B. are characters that I think might also be in danger of getting the boot. Everyone else I find likely to come back.

What about Mr. game and Watch. I see him going as well.

He makes no sense to be there, he never appeared in a Game and Watch game.

NSY said:
He makes no sense to be there, he never appeared in a Game and Watch game.
Using that logic, R.O.B would also have to be removed for not being in a "R.O.B" game.

Mr. Game and Watch just represents that era for Nintendo.

Yeah but he still has no reason to be there, he's the character I would like to see gone the most.

NSY said:
What about Mr. game and Watch. I see him going as well.

I doubt he's going anywhere and I don't think there's a good reason to remove him. Plus he represents a part of Nintendo's history that in my opinion deserves to be represented.

My guesses are probably...

*Ike; may get replaced by Chrom.
*Lucario; gets replaced by a 5th generation rep.
*Solid Snake

Going to expand the list a bit I posted in the E3 thread. Along with reasons why I think for each of them

Confirmed returning Veterans
Mario
DK
Link
Samus (ZSS?)
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Bowser
Pit

Very Likely (Characters I have pretty much full confidence in seeing again)
Zelda (Major Franchise, Also figure there's a sort of Triforce connection here)
Yoshi (Original 12, Enough said)
Peach (Be honest, do you really think they're going to shrink the Mario representation in the roster?)
Wario (Per Peach)
Diddy Kong (Per Peach)
Meta Knight (One of the most notable newcomers in Brawl, and unless Sakurai feels very sheepish about representing the Kirby series since he created it as well. I'm sure he's staying)
King Dedede (Per Meta Knight)
Olimar (New Pikmin game, plus one of Miyamoto's pet projects)
Marth (Seems to be the one constant Fire Emblem rep)
Luigi (Per Peach and Yoshi)
Ness (Per Yoshi)
Captain Falcon (Per Yoshi)
Ganondorf (Per Zelda)
Jigglypuff (Per Yoshi)
Sonic (Way too popular to cut, Sega and Nintendo are best buddies right now, etc.)

Likely (Characters I think will be in still, but at same time aren't as much shoe-ins as the ones in the Very Likely category. And if worst comes to worst that they will have to make a decent amount of cuts. then we might be saying goodbye to at least one of these)
Ice Climbers (Likely because I think Sakurai likes them alot, hence why they appeared in Melee to begin with. The 3DS troubles are a concern however)
Ike (I think Ike could stay but there's the chance that for some reason or another they decide to replace him with an Awakening character as if Roy was cut for Ike ala Mewtwo for Lucario)
Pokemon Trainer (Unknown if he'll keep the same Pokemon or not. But I think that if the game is going to be more customizable. It'd be great to have him back)
ROB (A character that while seemingly a bit random, is a part of Nintendo's history. Sakurai likes unexpected characters that are still relevant to Nintendo's history)
Mr. Game and Watch (Per ROB)
Snake (I think Sakurai will keep Snake in for the sake of his friend. Plus who wants to pass on the chance to have more Codec calls?)

Even Chances (Characters that I think still have a fair amount of returning but at the same time may be cut for one reason or another. Though in all honestly I think at least 2 of the 3 will be kept. If that's the case definitely Lucas and Falco)
Lucas (Somewhat of a clone of Ness)
Falco and/or Wolf (Same thing but for Fox)

Possibility of being Cut
(Both have reasons they could possibly be cut that's been brought up enough times)
Lucario (New Pokemon Generation possibly meaning a certain Pokemon from the newest gen do to Lucario what he did to Mewtwo)
Toon Link (While a much better version of Young Link from Melee. They might select to have no alternate versions of Characters anymore. Although maybe Wind Waker HD could be used as a conterargument)

Northern Verve said:
Be honest, do you really think they're going to shrink the Mario representation in the roster?
Generally other Mario characters represent their own subseries games. Diddy could be the first cut since no real needs for two kongs. IMO, even though we do have all sequels for WiiU, I don't think there are that many new subseries games these years.

Additionally, as long as Nintendo intend to make new Yoshi games, Yoshi has a very good chance to stay.

Dorayaki said:
Northern Verve said:
Be honest, do you really think they're going to shrink the Mario representation in the roster?
Generally other Mario characters represent their own subseries games. Diddy could be the first cut since no real needs for two kongs. IMO, even though we do have all sequels for WiiU, I don't think there are that many new subseries games these years.

I don't see Diddy being cut because he's plenty popular in terms of other kongs other then Donkey Kong, and he has his own original moveset/playstyle that can't be replaced as easily.

Back