Characters that won't return to SSB4

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Discuss characters that you expect to/think should not return in the new Super Smash Bros.

not sure if ROB will return, i expect not.

Although i love his moveset.

The only ones I see have a good chance of getting cut is Toon Link and/or Lucario (For the same reasons Mewtwo was).

Ideally though, I'd love there to be absolutely no cuts from Brawl. Even if that meant less room for newcomers. Cause for the most part I think Brawl's roster was pretty good.

I don't know if Sakurai saying that the 3DS version has certain limits when he's asked if everyone's favorites from Melee or Brawl would return means that we're not getting every character that was in Brawl.

But I can't imagine they'd cut any character that had their own original moveset. The only time they did that was with Mewtwo, and arguably Lucario was basically just an improved Mewtwo anyway. I really think the characters that are too similar to another are more likely in the danger zone.

I won't be surprised if Lucario or Toon Link get cut. After that, I dunno.

My thoughts on who is returning and leaving from brawl:

Returning:
Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Zelda/Sheik
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Pit
Wario
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Ness
Marth
Luigi
Falco
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game & Watch
Jigglypuff

Leaving:
Zero Suit Samus
Ice Climbers
Ike (Replaced by Awakening Character)
Pokemon Trainer
Lucas
Olimar (Replaced by Pikmin 3 Character)
Lucario
R.O.B.
Ganondorf (Replaced by Skyward Sword villian)
Toon Link
Wolf
Snake
Sonic (Replaced by different third-party character)

Mostly the leaving ones are just ones I don't think are important enough to stay or have the chance of being replaced by a character from a newer game. Newer characters need a place and they can take theirs.

The only characters I think should really go are Toon Link and Wolf. The fact that TL shows up in the background of the 3DS Spirit Tracks stage makes me think he's out.

And I really think that Fire Emblem has gained enough popularity to the point where it's earned 3 reps. I see Marth as being the speedy/graceful character, Ike being the rough powerhouse, and Chrom being the middle ground type of character of the three.

id really hope they dont throw in another sword charracter for an fe rep.

gets kinda old. Would rather see hector(then again he can use a sword too) or some axe, spear, etc. user from awakening.

guess that's really not the topic at hand though.

Proto Man said:
The only characters I think should really go are Toon Link and Wolf.

That just seems like wishful thinking to me, since they said they weren't going to expand the number of characters very much to make it more balanced. If they want more than 10 new characters they're going to have to ditch more than two IMO.

Crackin355 said:
Proto Man said:

That just seems like wishful thinking to me, since they said they weren't going to expand the number of characters very much to make it more balanced. If they want more than 10 new characters they're going to have to ditch more than two IMO.
And... where exactly did they say they wanted 10 new characters?

Zae said:

gets kinda old. Would rather see hector(then again he can use a sword too) or some axe, spear, etc. user from awakening.

Ephraim as he uses lances :3
I think Toon Link is defo leaving with Lucario and maybe others, though only time will tell.

Phantom L said:
Zae said:

Ephraim as he uses lances :3
I think Toon Link is defo leaving with Lucario and maybe others, though only time will tell.
needs a girl rep

Time Turner said:
Crackin355 said:
Proto Man said:

And... where exactly did they say they wanted 10 new characters?
>Don't want to boost the roster size much
>Only get rid of two characters

Put the two together and you don't get many new characters. 10 was just the example. Sure it's possible that they could add a lot more characters without getting rid of more than two but (like I said) that just seems like wishful thinking.

But that's just what I believe from what I know.

Crackin355 said:
My thoughts on who is returning and leaving from brawl:

Returning:
Mario con
Link con
Kirby con
Pikachu con
Fox con
Samus con
Zelda/Sheik Yes but Sheik is likely to be cut
Bowser Con
Donkey Kong Con
Yoshi Yes
Peach Yes
Pit Con
Wario Yes
Diddy Kong Yes
Meta Knight Wouldn't mind seeing him going
King Dedede Yes
Ness Same as MK
Marth Same as Ness
Luigi Yes
Falco May get cut but rather see him stay
Captain Falcon Yes but may get cut
Mr. Game & Watch Please cut him
Jigglypuff Maybe

Leaving:
Zero Suit Samus Fine
Ice Climbers Well they haven't had a game since the NES days
Ike (Replaced by Awakening Character)Fine, Awakening should be Chrom
Pokemon Trainer I would like him to stay
Lucas Fine
Olimar (Replaced by Pikmin 3 Character) Don't mind as long as both don't make it
Lucario Fine
R.O.B. Please go
Ganondorf (Replaced by Skyward Sword villian) I would still like him to stay
Toon Link Please please go
Wolf Meh
Snake He's not really a Nintendo Character
Sonic (Replaced by different third-party character) He's going to stay, SEGA has recently partnered with Nintendo

Mostly the leaving ones are just ones I don't think are important enough to stay or have the chance of being replaced by a character from a newer game. Newer characters need a place and they can take theirs.
comments in bold

i really dont want to see falco go he's been kind of a staple to me and i really love using him.

sniff sniff

In normal spinoffs like Mario sports, we should have different characters in each game. In Smash bros, we usually ask for permanent representatives from classic and notable games. The cases that does't regarded as permanent representatives are:

A, temporary representives: those who only appeared as a character from the newest title or random titles in that era, but aren't main characters and won't appear very often in future games.

B, changed number of representive: those who are chosen because of excessive room for the series.

C, removed titles: those series who didn't receive any sequel and isn't regarded as a classic too.

Crackin355 said:
Returning:
Yoshi
Wario
Diddy Kong

Leaving:
Zero Suit Samus
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Ganondorf (Replaced by Skyward Sword villian)
As mentioned above, I don't think there should be more room for Mario charcters, if you think characters from other titles should be taken away too.

I don't think Samus' normal appearance would be taken, since it was used to be her alternative appearance.
IC is a classic to me, it's hard to think they have to be removed.
ROB has similar status with Mr. G&W. The only reason he's removed is Nintendo stop any robot project.
Ganondorf is a signature boss as same as Bowser. Toon Link can be replaced with another independent character, but it's not doing with Ganondorf I think

If any Mario character had to go it had to be Diddy then Wario.

If anyone else in the series was to leave, I would get angry.

There's no way that many characters don't come back, crackin.

I can bet you that Snake, Sonic, Ice Climbers and Zero Suit Samus are locks to return.

damn i hope they dont remove any more mario characters i dont want to see nsy angry!

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
There's no way that many characters don't come back, crackin.

This was my opinion on it and that is yours.

All I'm seeing is people saying that my list is 'wrong', so make your own list already if mine doesn't suit you.

I wouldn't mind seeing Lucario, Toon Link, Snake, and Pokemon Trainer go in favor of a single pokemon.

Everyone else I like and don't want gone. Especially Ike.

Also I can't believe you people actually think Olimar will be replaced by a Pikmin 3 character.....

i hope not for that either, olimar is pretty awesome in brawl.

Back