Which Mario Kart Item should be removed?

Which Mario Kart Item should be removed?

• Lightning Bolt

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Red Shell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spiny Shell

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Blooper

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Golden Mushroom

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

Boo Diddly

Shine Sprite
Which of the following items should be removed from the Mario Kart Series?

You've gone through all the trouble of making that list...

And you didn't. Include. The. THUNDER CLOUD!?

Baby Luigi said:
You've gone through all the trouble of making that list...

And you didn't. Include. The. THUNDER CLOUD!?
The Thunder Cloud wasn't in Mario Kart 7, so i wouldn't of added it.

Oh well.

My vote would have been the Lucky 7 if it was available

Randombob-omb4761 said:
The Thunder Cloud wasn't in Mario Kart 7, so i wouldn't of added it.
then why does the thread title say "Mario Kart"

Don't double post. Just edit your post if you need to respond to another post, please.

I wouldn't miss the Blooper, personally. But I'm doubtful that any of these would be removed, so I won't bother voting.

I think that almost everyone can agree that the spiny shell should be removed. Those who don't agree don't really have good counter arguments in my opinion. Saying that the spiny shell balances out the race is not a good enough good enough counter argument. It shouldn't be the leader's problem because the other people behind him or her suck so much.

By the way, the golden mushroom should stay. Except, it should only be available to those who are very, very far behind in the race.

Thunder Cloud should totally be in this poll. That would get my vote right away.

Instead, I'll have to settle for the Blooper. It's not totally useless, but you don't want this thing on the last lap since it doesn't help the player using it at that time. While annoying, the blue shell is needed for balance purposes. Without it, the winner is determined almost immediately more often than not. It just needs to appear less since it shows up a little too much. The other three items I don't mind as much.

Blooper can be a character AND an item. For example, In Mario Kart 7 (Mario Kart Wii, etc.) Koopa Shells appear as an item, and Koopa was a racer.

Kingfawful4321 said:
Blooper can be a character AND an item. For example, In Mario Kart 7 (Mario Kart Wii, etc.) Koopa Shells appear as an item, and Koopa was a racer.
koopa troopas aren't the same thing as a koopa troopa shell

If Blooper stays then it should be more effective, like hiding completly the map and 80% of the screen.

Blue Shell is the one that needs to go.

Smasher said:
I wouldn't miss the Blooper, personally. But I'm doubtful that any of these would be removed, so I won't bother voting.

It's not a fact if the reality that it's going to stay in, it's a matter of if you think it should be removed from the Mario Kart series.

The Blooper should definitely be removed. What a terrible item. First off, in some games like Wii, it hardly does jack squat, and even in games where it covers up more of the screen, it still has a lot going against it. For example, if you're on tracks with water, there's no way that ink is staying on the screen for more than a few seconds.

Second, it gives experienced players an unfair advantage over inexperienced players. For example, if your grandpa doesn't know the track layout and a Blooper inks him, he's pretty much done for because he doesn't know the track layout to begin with, but if you use the Blooper on your friends and they know the track by heart, the Blooper isn't going to do jack squat because they have the track layout permanently ingrained into their memory.

Overall, the Blooper is annoying, useless, and unfair to new players. They should just get rid of it already.

The Lightning Bolt should be removed because it shrinks everyone except the user. The worst part about the item is that you cannot predict it at all, and it cannot be avoided. It's so much worse than the Blue Shell in my opinion.

The Lightning Bolt should be removed because it shrinks everyone except the user. The worst part about the item is that you cannot predict it at all, and it cannot be avoided. It's so much worse than the Blue Shell in my opinion.

You can avoid Lightning by using an invincibility item, but because it strikes instantly, I would recommend using it as soon as someone gets a Lightning. Also, at least the Lightning can help the user unlike the Blue Spiny Shell, which isn't very helpful to the user because you get it towards the back of the pack, and 1st place is barely a concern to you. If you're back there, you're just trying to make a comeback. You may as well get a Blooper at that point, and that item is useless because it barely helps the user at all and is only obtainable in middle to back positions.

Not to mention the POW Block is a worse Lightning because it only affects racers ahead of the user, is downright predictable as it warns players in advance, only hits those racers if they are on the ground (meaning it can be outright avoided if you are airborne, and Mario Kart Wii, the game it appears in, has way too much airtime), you can mitigate the effect by shaking the Wii Remote (that alone makes it almost completely useless), and it appears far too frequently. Need I mention the Thunder Cloud? It shrinks the player with the item, making it the only item that actively harms the user. There's a reason why both items have never returned.

I am so glad they included an item switch in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Back