A Legend of Zelda: A link between Worlds

Best Zelda game since A Link to the past. I prefer the top-down style over 3D zelda games.

I went to go buy this at target and they were sold out so sad face

I have the game and have yet to play it sosuffersad face.

Yeah, I was trying to get it and it was sold out as well. Although, I went the day after the Boxing Day sales, so that was probably to be expected. They still had copies of Pokemon, though.

Beat the game yesterday

still need to get some heart pieces, about 25 maiamais, that bee medal, and the upgraded net

Hilda is batshit insane and awesome.

I think I'm going to have her as a theme later.

Doctor Walter Bishop said:
Beat the game yesterday

still need to get some heart pieces, about 25 maiamais, that bee medal, and the upgraded net

Hilda is batshit insane and awesome.

I think I'm going to have her as a theme later.

I was going to do her, but all her artwork has a lot of spoilers in it and it's a bit too soon for spoilers.

Her theme though...can't get enough of it!!!

So, I just got the game (finally!). Which dungeon should I do 2nd? I'm thinking the wind dungeon, because in the original, the Death Mountain dungeon was 3rd, but I dunno.

They give you the Power Glove and the Flippers so early in this game, there had better be more roadblocks to exploring in Lorule.

Purple Yoshi said:
So, I just got the game (finally!). Which dungeon should I do 2nd? I'm thinking the wind dungeon, because in the original, the Death Mountain dungeon was 3rd, but I dunno.

They give you the Power Glove and the Flippers so early in this game, there had better be more roadblocks to exploring in Lorule.
Oh there are

Kleptoad said:
Purple Yoshi said:

Oh there are

Titan Mitts.
Stamina Scroll.

Etc.

Just beat the wind dungeon. The boss was really easy.

Anyway, on my list of "things that I really like", we can add the quick-travel option. It's just so amazing. And if you combine that with the markings you can put on your map, it means you can easily go back to get things you saw before but didn't have the item for it. Could you imagine a metroidvania game with these features?

While I'm still not the biggest fan of the rental feature, the quick travel makes it a lot less annoying. I mean, if you die in a dungeon, you just quick-travel to your house, buy it, quick-travel back to the dungeon and carry on. And you get so many rupees in this game, you're never going to run out. What do you need all the rupees for, anyway?

Nope. I'm trying to pace myself, I've heard the game isn't that long, so I don't want to do too much in one day.

I got this game for Christmas but I've yet to touch this.

Someone tell me why I should play this over Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, and Pokemon X.

Never played Alttp, admittedly.

I guess the closest thing to it that I've played is Minish Cap.

Completed phase 1, and got into Lorule. I've got to say, the enemies with shields are a lot harder to hit now that you can swing your sword in all directions.

Where do you find the person who gives you the Maimai hunt? Because I don't want to explore too much if I have to explore all over again for the Maimais.

Purple Yoshi said:
Completed phase 1, and got into Lorule. I've got to say, the enemies with shields are a lot harder to hit now that you can swing your sword in all directions.

Where do you find the person who gives you the Maimai hunt? Because I don't want to explore too much if I have to explore all over again for the Maimais.

its by a bomb-able wall near the lake if i recall

Fuck the Ice Dungeon it's hard as fuck but the boss is really easy

Kleptoad said:
Fuck the Ice Dungeon it's hard as fuck but the boss is really easy

Don't even get me started. I played through it to get to it after only rescuing two sages, and I was like "Nope, bleep this, I'm saving this for last", which was wise as then I had my sword upgraded twice and the blue mail and the hylian shield, which all made the mountain side so much more enjoyable. That dungeon/area is just screaming "SAVE ME FOR LAST!"

Yeah, it was the shittiest dungeon in the game. It was also the third dungeon I went for in Lorule, but I basically ragequitted the dungeon (and the entire game for a whole day at that) after dying to the mini-boss. Fucker just corners you and causes like 3 hearts of damage a hit. Even when I went back there with the blue mail and 15 hearts I still got my ass handed because I had like 4 hearts left. Doesn't help that the dungeon is a damn maze and you screw yourself when you fall down a level. Falling is really easy thanks to enemies pushing you like 100 feet thanks to ice physics. Just...fuck. Screw this dungeon for being stupidly hard, screw the trek to this shitty dungeon, and screw the boss for being pathetically easy. Just fuck everything about that part of the game.

Apparently I'm the only one who likes the Ice Ruins, then again, I did it last so I may have had it good. From all this frustration over it, I'll probably do this dungeon first out of them on Hero Mode of all things just to see what'll happen.

Back