• Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
DaKid said:
Zae Eildus said:
DaKid said:
Walkoff stages should be legal, I consider them to be, and they're fun to play on. I hate that people put all these stupid "laws" on how Smash should be played competitively. Then you have idiots saying stages are bad because they aren't plain and boring.

Yeah but some of these walk of stages have gimmicks and you can easily be ko'd if pressured into a corner even at low damage percentages .

Some, not all have gimmicks. If you're being pressured into a corner, get your ass out the corner then. A skilled player could, and a skilled player could KO someone at low percentage on non-walkoff stages too. Also, some travel stages should be legal too.

GalacticPetey said:
DaKid said:
Walkoff stages should be legal, I consider them to be, and they're fun to play on. I hate that people put all these stupid "laws" on how Smash should be played competitively. Then you have idiots saying stages are bad because they aren't plain and boring.
Oh dear a casual elitist.

Walk-offs promote camping and people just standing at one end, grabbing, back throwing, and then Koing.

I'm not a casual elitist, I played Brawl and Melee competitively for the most part. Don't be an ass because I feel some stages should be legal. If you're so skilled you'd know how to avoid the things you listed.
Some travelling stages are legal. Delfino Plaza is a good example.

If you were a competitive player you would know what needs to be banned.

I never claimed to be skilled. I know I;d get bodied easily by high level players and am nowhere near that level. But I am a big fan of the scene and support it.

Some, not all have gimmicks. If you're being pressured into a corner, get your ass out the corner then. A skilled player could, and a skilled player could KO someone at low percentage on non-walkoff stages too. Also, some travel stages should be legal too.

Even skilled players can get pressured via grab combo and counters and easily get ko'd.

Among other means such as poking, mid jump aproaches, projectile spam, and so forth.

Besides the only way you can get ko'd on non-walkoff stages is through meteor smashing and edge guarding, which can fail as well, since low percentage kos can be worked around or just gotten out of altogether.

Unlike the edges of walk-of stages where even something as an interupting projectile leading into a more powerful attack or grab can easily ko a player.

Basically in a nutshell, walk-of stages are completly unfair, especially when faced against projectile users.

Double post. I played Brawl competitively with my brothers on walkoff and travel stages, we found it a deal more fun and diverse. But more importantly, it brung a whole new level of competitive dynamic to the gameplay. I don't care what you guys say, it made the competitive side more interesting, and fun. Have your own opinion.

Well duh, thats whats being used, our opinions.

Also it wasnt a double post.

Besides it isnt up to you what the competitive scene actually does, its up to the people that run the competitive scene to begin with.

So go bark at them if you want to rub that in peoples faces.

GalacticPetey said:
DaKid said:
Zae Eildus said:
DaKid said:

Yeah but some of these walk of stages have gimmicks and you can easily be ko'd if pressured into a corner even at low damage percentages .

GalacticPetey said:
DaKid said:
Oh dear a casual elitist.

Walk-offs promote camping and people just standing at one end, grabbing, back throwing, and then Koing.

I'm not a casual elitist, I played Brawl and Melee competitively for the most part. Don't be an ass because I feel some stages should be legal. If you're so skilled you'd know how to avoid the things you listed.
Some travelling stages are legal. Delfino Plaza is a good example.

If you were a competitive player you would know what needs to be banned.

I never claimed to be skilled. I know I;d get bodied easily by high level players and am nowhere near that level. But I am a big fan of the scene and support it.

Really? People always seem so against travel stages in my experience, I don't watch competitive Smash unless I'm spectating, especially melee which is boring to watch.

GalacticPetey said:
DaKid said:
I don't care what you guys say,
Real mature.

Thank you, because I don't.

street fighter is only good if its third strike, mk is okay, and kof is pretty neat.

So at least you have some taste, but i dunno those two matches were pretty awesome.

DaKid said:
Funny I get mocked for not enjoying what you enjoy. You should try to grasp that other people have different preferences than your own.

It's called an opinion, grow up kid.

DaKid said:
Zae Eildus said:
DaKid said:
Funny I get mocked for not enjoying what you enjoy. You should try to grasp that other people have different preferences than your own.

What opinion are you talking about?

So far you've been pretty irritated about any opinion that opposes your own.

Even going so far as to say "I don't care what you guys say."

and besides, magikrazy is the master of messing around, so you shouldn't be taking it so seriously.

Meh, I can't be bothered to watch competitive matches. Again, I'm a casual player ultimately, even when I wrecked people at the local Smash "tournament" at Gamestop with Mario in Super Smash Bros. Brawl during the midnight release of Smash 3DS. </bragging rights> Not to mention, there are some well-known competitive players with attitude issues and are treated like gods... that really puts me off, although I suppose most competitive scenes have those players.

But I hope I have some idea what competitive players want from Smash Bros.

Zae Eildus said:
DaKid said:
Zae Eildus said:
DaKid said:

What opinion are you talking about?

So far you've been pretty irritated about any opinion that opposes your own.

Even going so far as to say "I don't care what you guys say."

and besides, magikrazy is the master of messing around, so you shouldn't be taking it so seriously.

I said have your own opinion. Which is fine, but I like it the way I like it.

Dr. Mario said:
Meh, I can't be bothered to watch competitive matches. Again, I'm a casual player ultimately, even when I wrecked people at the local Smash "tournament" at Gamestop with Mario in Super Smash Bros. Brawl during the midnight release of Smash 3DS. </bragging rights> Not to mention, there are some well-known competitive players with attitude issues and are treated like gods... that really puts me off, although I suppose most competitive scenes have those players.

This.

Dr. Mario said:

The top 5 being referred to as gods is just a title. No one actually looks at them as gods. But one does have to respect the amount of skill and talent they have.

I said have your own opinion. Which is fine, but I like it the way I like it.

Well good i guess, you just seemed to be really sensitive about it, but eh, all well that ends well.

The top 5 being referred to as gods is just a title. No one actually looks at them as gods. But one does have to respect the amount of skill and talent they have.

Because these people have worked their asses off to be good as they are. The competitive scene isnt for people that play here and there. Being a top in the competitive scene requires a lot of patience, experimenitation, practice, and going against other players to be good as they are. Even if they are jerks, gotta give them some credit for working hard for something they really love to do.

I dont know why i said that but it just kinda came out.

GalacticPetey said:
Dr. Mario said:

Oh, I didn't know it was just a title, but I was thinking like this: some people who worship them like idols, and I guess some notable people get overshadowed by them. It's nice to look up to rolemodels, but I've heard some fans take it a little far. Oh, yeah, amazing competitive video game players are basically the same as famous athletes, except with much less glitz and fame. They can get paid triple figures. o_O But I can't imagine investing all that time in playing, no way. Still, doesn't excuse some of their behavior.

Just to be fair, though, all that bad stuff I've been saying is pretty much inevitable. I'm sure the sports scene and generally every competitive scene has the same kinds of people. I can't help feeling jealous about them, though, even though I'm only slightly mildly interested in the competitive scene, how characters work, how good some characters actually are.

But sometimes, when someone wants a serious discussion, he wants a serious discussion.

I'm not very fond of people who do worship other people like Gods, they can be some of the hardest people to talk to without wanting to resort to violence (lol). Especially if you even think about critiquing something and you get fought down to the ground about it like you're in the 1600s opposing the bible.

As far as those who are arrogant because they can do certain things and people idolize them, that's just something that happens to some, not always because of the fame, but because that's really their personality and viewpoint of themselves. Look at Justin Bieber.

Marth said:
supermariofan said:
I think a better question is: What would Mewtwo sound like? Unless they're gonna be lazy and record his Melee voice

It better not be the one from the new movie.
I'd enjoy his Japanese Melee voice.

Edit: wait no what i mean is that id like mewtwo to talk

Back