Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
I guess, but it's not fitting. And that's not good in a crossover game.

Smasher said:
I'm not bothered by Bowser and DK either, and I honestly like Diddy's voice.

I could barely tell the difference between that and Double Dash. I wanted Bowser to have his BiS voice. Imagine "Showtime!" as a taunt or entry pose?

I actually like Fox's new voice. It's accurate and hilarious. That's all I need.

Dr. Mario said:
Fox and Falco's voice don't bother me. But maybe they're on par as Bowser, Diddy Kong, and Donkey Kong's awful voices... no, they're not as bad as those three.
I don't mind Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong's voices at all. They fit them well. Bowser needs his voice from the Mario series though, especially since Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings have their voices from them.

Marth said:
How would Wolf sound if he returned?
That's a good question.

I honestly think the competitive scene is butthurt about stage gimmicks and items.

the point of the damn game is winning with the tools you find or get at hand or even take advantage of the stage.

I highly discourage camping thought as it is cheap to stall for time.

Sylveon said:
I honestly think the competitive scene is butthurt about stage gimmicks and items.

the point of the damn game is winning with the tools you find or get at hand.

no it isnt.

It's having fun with the game, your way.

Sounds like you're more butthurt then they are.

That's why battlefield is often the stage of choice, besides if i recall correctly, the competitive scene really only wants to do stock matches anyway.

Sylveon said:
the point of the damn game is winning with the tools you find or get at hand or even take advantage of the stage.
Picture this scenario.

Grand finals of a massive tournament. You paid a ton to fly out to the tournament and have made it to the end. You anat to win those thousand of dollars of prize money. As you're charging up the winning f-smash, a bob-omb randomly spawns in front of you, costing you the game and all that money.

Items and stage gimmicks do not promote skill. They promote random luck.

GalacticPetey said:
Sylveon said:
Picture this scenario.

Grand finals of a massive tournament. You paid a ton to fly out to the tournament and have made it to the end. You anat to win those thousand of dollars of prize money. As you're charging up the winning f-smash, a bob-omb randomly spawns in front of you, costing you the game and all that money.

Then disable said items if they really interfere or just go with common sense and disable bombs, homerun bats, and the like that helps to instant k.o. maybe even take out x bombs. just use the item enable/disabler it's not that hard to turn them on or off.

GalacticPetey said:
Sylveon said:
Picture this scenario.

GalacticPetey is in the right here. If I lost thousands of dollars over a cheap Gust Bellows, I might never touch the game again.

GalacticPetey said:
Items just have no place in competitive Smash. It's like scattering weapons on a soccer field for the players to use.
Great simile, Petey! Great simile!

Sylveon said:
GalacticPetey said:
Sylveon said:
Picture this scenario.

Then disable said items if they really interfere or just go with common sense and disable bombs, homerun bats, and the like that helps to instant k.o. maybe even take out x bombs. just use the item enable/disabler it's not that hard to turn them on or off.

Sounds like you changed your mind on that one.

However stage gimmicks are still gimmicks and gimmicks do not rely on skill.

They can suddenly happen and cause a ko out of nowhere, not mention a lot of gimmicks are really unfair too.

Also transforming stages are bullshit.

As much as i like unova league and paper mario stage, it can really screw you up at the last second when you really needed that moment to land a ko.

Sylveon said:

the point of the dang game is winning with the tools you find or get at hand or even take advantage of the stage.

That's a common argument and I can't say I totally agree nor disagree. I am a casual player at heart, but sometimes, I feel like exploiting items isn't really skill as much as it is how well you exploit the items and the luck of finding the item.

Despite this, some items are more fair than the others. The Motion Sensor bomb (not in this version, since it can detonate if you attack it), for instance, can fit in the competitive scene without breaking the game. The item, when thrown, isn't that strong, and it's quite easy to avoid it. Yet, you can plop it down and use it strategically to get more damage or even a KO.

Smash Balls are NOT competitive items whatsoever and have no place in a serious match, however. First, it overcentralizes the game. Second, you can pretty much steal it from someone else; no one likes that feeling. It also promotes camping, and I just feel it disrupts the gameplay in a not-so-good way. Third, the Final Smashes themselves, when compared to each other are ridiculously unbalanced and can remove 2 or even three stocks with little skill other than simple positioning.

Walkoff stages should be legal, I consider them to be, and they're fun to play on. I hate that people put all these stupid "laws" on how Smash should be played competitively. Then you have idiots saying stages are bad because they aren't plain and boring.

DaKid said:
Walkoff stages should be legal, I consider them to be, and they're fun to play on. I hate that people put all these stupid "laws" on how Smash should be played competitively. Then you have idiots saying stages are bad because they aren't plain and boring.

Yeah but some of these walk of stages have gimicks and you can easily be ko'd if pressured into a corner even at low damage percentages .

GalacticPetey said:
Items just have no place in competitive Smash. It's like scattering weapons on a soccer field for the players to use.

Then why don't people just enable them on some damn tourneys where there isn't any prize(s)?

Hell maybe disable items past the first row of matches. and then disable them permanently for the 8th finals onwards or whatever shit?

Lumastar said:
GalacticPetey said:
Sylveon said:
Picture this scenario.

GalacticPetey is in the right here. If I lost thousands of dollars over a cheap Gust Bellows, I might never touch the game again.

Again this isn't a biased thing. It's just my opinion. but I understand if whatever variation of lady luck stepped on my way and caused my failure I'd curse like a sailor and ragequit. It's just something that bothers me, take this as a grain of salt since this is just my opinion.

DaKid said:
Oh dear a casual elitist.

Walk-offs promote camping and people just standing at one end, grabbing, back throwing, and then Koing.

Then why don't people just enable them on some damn tourneys where there isn't any prize(s)?

Hell maybe disable items past the first row of matches. and then disable them permanently for the 8th finals onwards or whatever shit?

why do you think people enter tourneys to begin with? Prizes and well some fame i guess.

Plus that second sentence is probably the most hilarious thing ive ever heard.

Sylveon said:
GalacticPetey said:

There was a pokeball tourney at smash the record which was pretty neat. I'm sure there was no prize money, these item tourneys exist but they aren't watched so they aren't recorded usually.

DaKid said:
I can't believe you would say this at all.

Just because someone is a competitive smasher doesn't mean that they hate stages with large gimmicks. They just wouldn't trust them with a large sum of money at stake. And walk-offs are pretty big gimmicks.

Maki Nishikino said:
Sylveon said:
GalacticPetey said:

There was a pokeball tourney at smash the record which was pretty neat. I'm sure there was no prize money, these item tourneys exist but they aren't watched so they aren't recorded usually.
I would watch that.

Zae Eildus said:

why do you think people enter tourneys to begin with? Prizes and well some fame i guess.

Plus that second sentence is probably the most hilarious thing ive ever heard.
Well sometimes I kind of say dumb and non-sensical things so don't take me seriously. I am just the kind of person that is in a kinda neutral area.

Lumastar said:
Maki Nishikino said:
Sylveon said:
GalacticPetey said:

I would watch that.
I think it's on vgbootcamp's YouTube. I don't think many people entered because the number of people that have that large amount of passion for a pure competitive melee tourney compared to a for fun tourney is laughable.

Zae Eildus said:
DaKid said:

Yeah but some of these walk of stages have gimmicks and you can easily be ko'd if pressured into a corner even at low damage percentages .

Some, not all have gimmicks. If you're being pressured into a corner, get your ass out the corner then. A skilled player could, and a skilled player could KO someone at low percentage on non-walkoff stages too. Also, some travel stages should be legal too.

GalacticPetey said:
DaKid said:
Oh dear a casual elitist.

Walk-offs promote camping and people just standing at one end, grabbing, back throwing, and then Koing.

I'm not a casual elitist, I played Brawl and Melee competitively for the most part. Don't be an ass because I feel some stages should be legal. If you're so skilled you'd know how to avoid the things you listed.

Back