• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Not BMB said:
Honestly, the Fi trophy puts quite a hole in that theory, when talking about the music hinting at the characters.

Goddess for Smash4 confirmed

DragonFreak said:
Inb4 somebody says pic of day deconfirms Ridley

That's because I said that to you on Facebook! And here's why:

Pic of the Day. In addition to the Wii U version, a 3DS version of this stage exists. The Yellow Devil will appear in both versions. There are more bosses in both the Wii U and 3DS versions. We hope you look forward to seeing them all.

I trolled you both! Here's the real caption:

Dr_Wily_Castle_3DS.jpg

Pic of the day. In general, there are completely different stages in the 3DS and Wii U version, but we made Wily Castle and the special boxing ring available for both versions! We didn't forget the Yellow Devil either. There may be some small differences in the stages, such as the 3DS stage appearing to be during daylight hours.

grasping at straws to disprove a character's playability is just as annoying as grasping at straws to prove otherwise

it's not unreasonable for people to want a series with a dozen games to be represented by more than one character

that said, saying "ridley is inevitable" is jumping the gun quite a bit. he has a chance, and probably a decent one at that considering he's one of nintendo's most prominent villains and one of the most requested characters for ssb, but he's far from guaranteed

I'd honestly be more surprised if Ridley wasn't playable, considering all the teasing Sakurai has done.

can't say I'd really be surprised either way it goes, but I'd certainly be happy as a seagull with a french fry if he did finally make the roster

at this point, it's pretty much "he's in" or "they're trolling"

although I do expect more from nintendo than the latter, I'm just not going to be convinced until I see it in writing that he's playable

I'd say that I'd play Wind Waker when Ridley is not in Smash but you know what happened last time with Shulk...

You can think Ridley's not playable. That's fine. But If you think there's no chance whatsoever, then you're just wrong. To act like he doesn't have a chance at all is just stupid.

If all this Ridley teasing is just for him being a stage boss, then I'll honestly be pretty disappointed with Sakurai. He's already stated that he doesn't like building up hype for nothing. To tease him this much just to make him a boss is a slap in the face.

BMB, if you hate speculation that much, I advise that you don't visit most smash communities, especially SmashBoards. The Ridley thread there has over 1200 pages, and those pages have more posts per page than what what we have here. And when you say you don't want Ridley playable because of his fans who just want to see him get in, then you're subjecting yourself to six or so more years of Ridley speculation until the next game comes out.

On the topic of the current pic of the day, bleh. Another Mega Man stage would've been nice, especially one without an obnoxious stage hazard.

GalacticPetey said:
On the topic of the current pic of the day, bleh. Another Mega Man stage would've been nice, especially one without an obnoxious stage hazard.

Final destination version of Mega Man stage.

He has a point. I know that non-final destination tourney legal stages are up your alley but the whole 'lots of final destination variants' thing throws a wrench in the works. You can probably expect a ton of gimmicks for all the stages.

GalacticPetey said:
BMB, if you hate speculation that much, I advise that you don't visit most smash communities, especially SmashBoards. The Ridley thread there has over 1200 pages, and those pages have more posts per page than what what we have here. And when you say you don't want Ridley playable because of his fans who just want to see him get in, then you're subjecting yourself to six or so more years of Ridley speculation until the next game comes out.

That's like saying don't visit the internet if you will disagree with someone on a topic. I love reading topics and seeing the people that share my opinions, but opposes my opinions. It allows me to see more than my perspective, and why I should feel like I do.

Speculation is completely fine. I honestly love speculating things because it gets the hype up and everything. With Ridley though, it's literally like kicking the dead horse since it got old after the past 13 years of it happening. The biggest thing is the fact that people will try to confirm Ridley for Smash for literally some of the most unrelated reasons. And then they act like it's a prophecy that it's going to happen. If Ridley is in, that's fine, I'll love him and play as him as much as any other character, but like Stooben said earlier, saying that Ridley is for sure in or he is inevitable is false. Until he is confirmed, I see him as not in the game. I mean, it's not like he's not going to be in the game or whatever. Obviously if anything he'll be a boss on Pyrosphere, and there's going to be a trophy and sticker(s) (if stickers return) of him. It's not like he doesn't get a lot of rep in the Super Smash Bros. game.

omg it's stooben

hi stooben :]

Kinda bummed they just copypasted Wily Castle onto the 3DS version. Should've gone with the Wily Star from MMV or something.

I wanted something from the GB games myself, but I'll take this.

I wonder if Windy Hill will be in the 3DS version as well...

Mio Akiyama said:
I know that non-final destination tourney legal stages are up your alley but the whole 'lots of final destination variants' thing throws a wrench in the works. You can probably expect a ton of gimmicks for all the stages.
Speaking of the "Final Destination-nalized" stages, did anyone else find it pointless to make one for Battlefield, when the main thing is has over FD are the platforms?

I get that Sakurai wants to appeal to the competitive community, but making an FD version of every stage isn't the right way to go. Contrary to popular belief, FD is not the most balanced stage. Characters like Little Mac are gonna have an advantage here. Battlefield is much more neutral. Don't get me wrong, this a huge step in the right direction. This, plus For Glory, the GameCube controllers, and the invitational proves that Nintendo is listening. Let's also not forget them sponsoring EVO this year. It's not perfect, but I'm not gonna complain.

Would the following stages be tournament legal:

1. Like Final Destination but an automatic non-random symmetrical Beam launches in the center of the platform causing mild damage and knockback.
2. Like Final Destination but the stage occasionally separates leaving a hole in the middle and longer on the edges at non-random times and players standing on it are pulled back with the stage.
3. Like 2 but the stage always has that hole in the middle.

3D Player 2004 said:

1. Like Final Destination but an automatic non-random symmetrical Beam launches in the center of the platform.
2. Like Final Destination but the stage occasionally separates leaving a hole in the middle and longer on the edges at non-random times and players standing on it are pulled back with the stage.
Most likely they would.

3D Player 2004 said:

1. Like Final Destination but an automatic non-random symmetrical Beam launches in the center of the platform.
1. Depends on how much damage it does.
2. No. See Bridge of Eldin.
3. No. See Bridge of Eldin again.

Back