Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Colonel Harland Sanders said:
Mario Party X said:
Why the hell would I want to play as myself when I can play as Mario?
Or you make a Mii of someone you hate and beat them up with Mario.

Well, I already have Donkey Kong and Wario, so there's no need to make Mii versions of them.

this conversation changed rather quickly

Smasher:Well it's not like Miis take up roster space.

would still prefer that their slot go to someone else

...well, mostly. there are still several characters that interest me even less than the miis

They're just sorta there in case you feel like playing as yourself or beating a Mii.

don't really want to play as myself, i could just beat up one of my least favorites already in the game if for some reason i wanted a punching bag

I've seen stupider requests in this forum.

Well, I mean, in Mario Kart Wii, Mii was like a side-option, and didn't affect the other characters in terms of roster.

Plus, had they included Mii in SSBB as the 36th player, people would be bitchin about how it took up a player's spot, when in fact it didn't, since the 35 characters would have been in the limit anyways.

I don't think Mii would take up anyone's spot, but would just be a side-character that only you can play as.

Deku Link said:
I don't think Mii would take up anyone's spot, but would just be a side-character that only you can play as.

If that means Miis can't be CPUs, then they're not worth my time or my money I spend on sharpening my battle axe.

Mario Party X said:
Deku Link said:

If that means Miis can't be CPUs, then they're not worth my time or my money I spend on sharpening my battle axe.

So you're saying you would purposefully not get this game just because they added a mii that is only playable for Non-CPUs?

ゴジラ said:
Zae said:
ゴジラ said:
Mienfoo said:
Zae said:
blatantly retarded
tumblr_mvxjbm5QJV1swll5zo1_500.jpg
You know, there are times when the DBZ fandom is really stupid.

This is one of those times, albeit on a smaller level.

sure aint as bad as ssj10 mugen character
Nothing makes me cringe like fan-made SSJ forms. It's Sonic fanon level stuff sometimes. There should be nothing beyond SSJ4 or SSJG.

it looks really bad a character in a fighting game man, its so sad bad dad

@Deku Link/Baby Mario Bloops: No, I meant that Miis would be a disappointing slot waster like they were in Mario Kart and Mario Tennis Open. The characters I want playable (Mario, Link, Luigi, Kirby, Fox) are already too much for me to pass up.

Mario Party X said:
@Deku Link/Baby Mario Bloops: No, I meant that Miis would be a disappointing slot waster like they were in Mario Kart and Mario Tennis Open. The characters I want playable (Mario, Link, Luigi, Kirby, Fox) are already too much for me to pass up.
But they aren't a slot waster. They don't affect the other characters in the roster. Do you really think Nintendo sat down and said "Mario Kart 7 will have 17 characters"? And then had to decide between Mii and a more popular character?

Considering they'd have to likely program all the different facial expressions, body width, height, eyewear, etc for specific Miis (doubt they'd use generic Miis), then yes, it would take a considerable amount of time to develop and could use up quite a bit of memory, especially in the 3DS version.

Cordelia said:
Considering they'd have to likely program all the different facial expressions, body width, height, eyewear, etc for specific Miis (doubt they'd use generic Miis), then yes, it would take a considerable amount of time to develop and could use up quite a bit of memory, especially in the 3DS version.

This. Normally I would say that Mii's don't really have an effect on a roster but for a game like Smash they probably would be taking up a slot because of the time it would take to implement them.

Mario Party X said:
But they aren't a slot waster. They don't affect the other characters in the roster. Do you really think Nintendo sat down and said "Mario Kart 7 will have 17 characters"? And then had to decide between Mii and a more popular character?

True. I see them as a side thing. Miis annoyed me in a Mario game, but they shouldn't be as annoying in a Nintendo game. I think after what happened in Fortune Street, however, I just want to shoo them away.

Meh, how did they program all those facial expressions in Mario Kart games? Miis are probably going to follow template as they did in the game (and I doubt they will have variants in weight/height because they didn't have those variables in Mario games they were playable in).

Deku Link said:

I really hope this isn't the case. If a character that I have little interest in playing as is in the game, I'd at least like to be able to fight against it, otherwise I'd be extremely disappointed.

Back