Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
I might try to main or sub-main Dr. Mario. I enjoyed Mario's feel in the demo, and the improvements to the doc may suit my style. Also, Villager's amazing!

Does anyone know if Fox or Falco's custom moves are like Wolf's? Like Fox Illusion going diagonally up or something?

Fire Emblem Character said:
Does anyone know if Fox or Falco's custom moves are like Wolf's? Like Fox Illusion going diagonally up or something?
I believe Fox has Wolf's side special as one of his customs

Nintendo logic: they put Rosalina and Dark Pit in but they don't put Chrom in.

King Harkinian said:

If there was anyone that got in the way of Chrom, that was Robin (Heck Chrom was basically Toadified by being put in Robin's moveset through his Final Smash). Not Rosalina or Dark Pit.

Northern Verve said:
King Harkinian said:

If there was anyone that got in the way of Chrom, that was Robin (Heck Chrom was basically Toadified by being put in Robin's moveset through his Final Smash). Not Rosalina or Dark Pit.
I doubt they got in the way, but I'm just saying that Chrom is not a recolor (Sorry Dark Pit, I liked you in Uprising.)

Sakurai stated in an interview that he considered Chrom but Robin got in over him because he visually was more interesting than another blue haired swordsmen and also had much more potential for a unique moveset.

King Harkinian said:
Northern Verve said:
King Harkinian said:

I doubt they got in the way, but I'm just saying that Chrom is not a recolor (Sorry Dark Pit, I liked you in Uprising.)

Dark Pit is my least favorite newcomer in the game. But him taking up a slot that could of gone to someone else is not one of the reasons why. He was just put in as a bonus. But a bonus that wasn't necessary. He was brought in for the sake of fattening the roster, which on paper is a good idea. But not if the characters included weren't going to be received very well.

GalacticPetey said:
Sakurai stated in an interview that he considered Chrom but Robin got in over him because he visually was more interesting than another blue haired swordsmen and also had much more potential for a unique moveset.
Is that why he added Lucina who is OBVIOUSLY not a blue haired sword user in any way?

supermariofan said:
Is that why he added Lucina who is OBVIOUSLY not a blue haired sword user in any way?

Northern Verve said:
She was just put in as a bonus. She was brought in for the sake of fattening the roster, which on paper is a good idea.

had to modify that slightly

supermariofan said:
GalacticPetey said:
She was added in as extra after the roster was finalized. Same with Doc and Dark Pit.

GalacticPetey said:
Sakurai knows what the fans thought for once.

GalacticPetey said:
supermariofan said:
GalacticPetey said:
She was added in as extra after the roster was finalized. Same with Doc and Dark Pit.
yeah what a lot of people fail to realize is that dark pit and lucina took very little time to develop, at least compared to other characters. if you're going to complain about someone taking up a "spot" that the developers spent time working on, complain about duck hunt dog or wii fit trainer

Dark Pit was probably the result of Sakurai who kept pestering everyone at Namco about how he wants more Kid Icarus reps.

Again, if you want to complain about Sakurai spending too much time on his own series, complain about Palutena who likely took up a great deal of development time compared to Dark Pit.

Palutena at least has some reason to be playable in the game, tho; Dark Pit is just an edgy Pit recolour. Like, literally, that's exactly what he is in the original game, even story-wise.

If you want to look on the more optimistic side, clones are a bonus that were added in for the heck of it.

Why is it that people hate Dr. Mario and Dark Pit and than don't care about Lucina?

because Lucina is a popular character that many people wanted in Smash, while Dr. Mario and Dark Pit just weren't.

although I like Dr. Mario, so eh

Crocodile Dippy said:
because Lucina is a popular character that many people wanted in Smash, while Dr. Mario and Dark Pit just weren't.

although I like Dr. Mario, so eh
Exactly this, even though she's a clone people (like me obviously) actually like her as a character and are willing to use her over Marth if they prefer her.

Ninelevendo I understand if you dont care about lucina, then you might see her as questionable but I don't care at all seeing how shes awesome and there is much worse clones out there.

So people only hate clones because of the character? That's... eh. So nobody would care if Ridley was a Charizard clone but would care if Dragonite was? That doesn't feel right...

Actually, that would make sense seeing as most people only care if a character is in and doesn't care about their playstyle.

I don't blame clones because I like Ganondorf as a Falcon clone and I prefer Dr. Mario over Mario, but Dark Pit as a character was kinda unecessary after all the representations Kid Icarus Uprising got. An other clone from another series would have been better.

the only thing i'm generally unsatisfied with is greninja

because in all seriousness pokemon is a powerful franchise but i dont think it warrants this many reps and toon link ofc gtfo of my face bich

Dr. John H. Watson said:
the only thing i'm generally unsatisfied with is greninja

because in all seriousness pokemon is a powerful franchise but i dont think it warrants this many reps and toon link ofc gtfo of my face bich
It's Nintendo's second best selling franchise behind Mario and is insanely popular. With Mario having seven reps this game, I think Pokemon should have gotten six. They got five which is decent, but that's a step down from Brawl which had six. I would have brought in Mewtwo to round out the Pokemon.

I don't know I can't lose this "generic" feeling when I look at Lucario, Jigglypuff and Greninja.

I mean what sets them apart from other potential pokémon reps?

I can agree on Mewtwo, pikachu and charizard tho because they have kinda special roles.

Back