Real-Life Photos

Puddin said:
img

wtf is adulthood
You have taquitos. That's something.

Today we had to say goodbye to Peanut Penelope, our three-year old cat who was here for only two months. She had leukemia, and was very ill... Though our time together was short, I'll always treasure it. She was family, and I'll miss her dearly. The veterinarian was kind enough to give us this ceramic paw print, and I'm posting it as a memorial to her (image link below).

I'm still in shock... Today was one of the hardest days of my life.

http://imgur.com/a/zRfQF

I remember the feeling of losing a pet. It was horrible. Glad you have a way to remember her though.

KPH2293 said:
Today we had to say goodbye to Peanut Penelope, our three-year old cat who was here for only two months. She had leukemia, and was very ill... Though our time together was short, I'll always treasure it. She was family, and I'll miss her dearly. The veterinarian was kind enough to give us this ceramic paw print, and I'm posting it as a memorial to her (image link below).

Sorry for your loss. Had to put down my dog of 15 years earlier this year and even now I still struggle with it. Kind of wish i had thought of a cermaic paw print, that's a nice idea.

Thanks guys, and I'm sorry for your loss as well. I've lost pets before, this one just hit me a lot harder because she was mainly my responsibility. I think it's that anyway. Maybe it's also because she was so young.

I was there when she went. My mom, who was there with me (but had to leave the room because of my brother), kept asking me if I was sure I wanted to do that. I did it because I wanted to be there for her last moments, difficult as it was. It's probably made the grieving process harder on me, but I don't regret it at all.

Edit: Also, the ceramic paw print was something my vet does for all animals free of charge. They were great. We came back to have our other cat tested (feline leukemia is very contagious), and thankfully he's OK. I've had him for twelve years.

Responsibility definitely played a part for me. I'd probably feel like shit regardless, but that feeling of failure just added another aspect. I'm glad my dog lived 'till the age of 15 which is pretty lengthy for a dog (But still not long enough), don't know how I'd feel if she went at a young age.

I can definitely empathize with that, I had her lying on my lap when she went. I'd occasionally find myself regretting it just because the images are ingrained in my brain, but I know I'd feel worse if I decided to step out and miss her last moments.

Olivia said:
(But still not long enough),

You're right, it's never long enough.

Olivia said:
I'd occasionally find myself regretting it just because the images are ingrained in my brain, but I know I'd feel worse if I decided to step out and miss her last moments.

That's exactly how I feel.

A friend of mine from high school gave me the cat because she couldn't take care of her anymore. I told her what happened, she's as devastated as I am.

It still sucks, but it's a small comfort to eliminate that doubt and know that you made the right decision to stay.

Hope your friend gets better, that's a terrible situation to be in.

KPH2293 said:

Dang, sorry guy. A few years ago, I lost my dog to stomach cancer. I feel your pain.

Here's me in my new Mario T-Shirt and Hat which I got at school as a present during a party with some of my school buddies called "Mac Buddies".

ILXjN1o.jpg

tfw you want to check if the christmas presents are still there and

25e98adc3a884f94b3f722ef100f43f2.jpg

this cat blocks your way

wat do?

freakworld said:
tfw you want to check if the christmas presents are still there and

25e98adc3a884f94b3f722ef100f43f2.jpg

this cat blocks your way

wat do?
Old_man.png

they needed their daily coffee

deliver your assignment to your local professor and the cat will probably disappear

freakworld said:
we ginger now (at least looks red-orange-y)?
yeah it fades like that with sun exposure, but this time the old colour is showing through because i refuse to take cold showers

Back