SSB, SSBM, or SSBB?

What was your favorite game in the series?

• SSB

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Melee

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Brawl

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters
Overall I like Brawl the most, but both it and Melee rank among my favorite games. The original is alright, but I don't enjoy it nearly as much as its sequels.

Brawl.

Original one was a little boring if you play by yourself, and I know that some of the challenges were a little out there...

Melee was better, having that adventure mode, but the graphics really hindered the game imo, and some of characters in that game seemed really out of place, like Mewtwo and Dr. Mario. Really, I didn't really enjoy it as the other two. There was just so much that made it feel fan-made that I didn't really get into it.

Brawl just basically made everything right. The Subspace Emissary was an awesome adventure; great for single players to do what they want to do. Likewise, the graphics and stages were well put together, and the characters were a lot more fitting.

I prefer the character selection in Melee, having one of my favorite pokemon in it, pichu, as well as mewtwo and roy. But personally, i think Brawl is superior just based on the more content it provides.

I thought the original n64 game was pretty awsome. I remember the first time I killed master hand. Not only that, SSB 64 was the game that introduced me to ness. Had I not known who ness was, I would have never known about earthbound.

Hm, I personally prefer Brawl. Brawl had much more content, and the ability to save replays/images was pretty nice.
And even though the wi-fi is pretty bad, I can still play on it. =P

And I actually liked Brawl's physics better; yeah, it's not meant for legit combos but I hated how fast Melee characters fell, and I love that I can survive for a good while in Brawl compared to Melee. IDC for L-Canceling nor Wavedashing. I guess I'm more of a slow-paced person LOL

Also, Ness (my main!) got a good improvement from Melee to Brawl. He's not as good at he was in the N64 version but I still find him a good character, even though the tier list says otherwise, but IDC for tiers.

For me, I'd say Brawl > N64 > Melee. Don't get me wrong though, I still love the series and Melee was a great game too.

Brawl=Melee and I've never played SSB64.
Though Brawl has more features, I enjoy the strategy and skill required in Melee.

Without hacks

SSBM>SSB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SSBB

With hacks
SSBB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SSBM=SSB

Sylveon said:
Baby Luigi said:
Without hacks

SSBM>SSB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SSBB

With hacks
SSBB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SSBM=SSB
I betcha you only play it to kill Wario.

That's only partially true, since Donkey Kong and Ganondorf make fine substitutes for my favorites fat man

And besides, Wario is there prior to hacking Brawl so I don't get it

Brawl appears to have the most features. But i have many good memories with melee. pwning my friends as donkey kong, beating giga bowser, etc.

I love me some brawl. even though i DO have a feeling of nostalgia for the original, I still only played it ONCE. at a japanese friend of mine's house.

Argh! Brawl or Melee? Such a tough decission... But I think I'll go with Melee, just for the simple fact that Peach was much better in Melee than in Brawl.

Best to worst:
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

This is not considering texture hacks. Super Smash Bros. Brawl has so many flaws compared to the previous two, I can't count them on my fingers on both of my hands.

La Marionette said:
Best to worst:
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

This is not considering texture hacks. Super Smash Bros. Brawl has so many flaws compared to the previous two, I can't count them on my fingers on both of my hands.
is tripping on of the flaws?

Sylveon said:
La Marionette said:
Best to worst:
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

is tripping on of the flaws?

Duh.
fancymario.gif
Stupid, unnecessary gameplay mechanic changes pollute Brawl like carbon monoxide.

Brawl for sure.

More characters, more stages, so much more variety to do.

I also have very personal reasons for having the most fondness for Brawl over the others. And that's not just because Sonic's in the game (Though I'll admit it helps).

I'm fully expecting SSB4 to blow even Brawl out of the water. For me, each installment has blown away the previous one. Though I still love them all.

Back