The Official E3 2013 Thread

Actually, EA backpedaled and stated that they do have games in progress for the Wii U. Whether it's true or not is still not known.

looks like those 4 best buy demos may not be the biggest titles of the year like the next 3D mario

instead, it looks like...

well

this

sdpQ60V.jpg

The Undertaker said:
looks like those 4 best buy demos may not be the biggest titles of the year like the next 3D mario

instead, it looks like...

well

this

sdpQ60V.jpg

That's somewhat understandable, though. Having a playable demo at E3 and having a playable demo at a game store are different things. It's probably too early to have demos of the newly announced games yet. They've had less time to work on them.

Even if there were going to be more titles, they obviously won't publish them in an ad BEFORE they're announced.
However, if you were expecting Smash, when it's in really early stages of development, then you're going to be dissapointed.

Xpike said:
Even if there were going to be more titles, they obviously won't publish them in an ad BEFORE they're announced.
However, if you were expecting Smash, when it's in really early stages of development, then you're going to be dissapointed.

I don't think it's in it's early stages of development when they've been working on it for a long time now, and been talking about it for the last 2 years.

cryoAwakening said:
Xpike said:

I don't think it's in it's early stages of development when they've been working on it for a long time now, and been talking about it for the last 2 years.
Sakurai started development when Kid Icarus ended, which was last year, I remenber that Iwata and Sakurai both said that when they announced Smash for the 3DS and Wii U they didn't even have a name for it yet, so yeah it's pretty early in development, most rumors have said it's more likely for Christmas 2014, so while there's a confirmed trailer for the Direct, I think that's all we're getting for now, with the Dojo 2 starting in some months, but certainly no playable state of the game until TGS.

I don't know about anything else, but other websites said Syracuse, NY was one of the Best Buys participating. According to this, it is not, along with other locations listed elsewhere. What the hell happened, did other states get less locations too?

King Antasma said:
I don't know about anything else, but other websites said Syracuse, NY was one of the Best Buys participating. According to this, it is not, along with other locations listed elsewhere. What the hell happened, did other states get less locations too?
There was a site that let you check, but I don't know where it is.

Wisconsin only had one, and it wasn't even Madison, and was a two hour drive from here.......

Man, this is going to be the longest-ass day. For the record, I'm taking tomorrow off so I can see all this as it happens.

'3Kraid said:
Man, this is going to be the longest-ass day. For the record, I'm taking tomorrow off so I can see all this as it happens.

i always just watch the other conferences to get an idea of how they're doing, their big games, etc

solely to wait for the nintendo conference, or the case of this year, the nintendo direct

Crackin355 said:
How long away is the Nintendo direct now? I think it was something like 12 hours but I'm not sure.
From your post it's 24 hours, 10 minutes and 41 seconds.

From this post it's 23 hours, 28 minutes and 25 seconds.

There is a countdown at e3.nintendo.com.

What the hell? Apparently there's only one location available for Michigan's Best Buy now, and it's not even one of the original options (now it's Rochester Hills).

However...

The location is even closer that the four locations, and I'm excited to try the demos!

It's a shame that the only demos I want to play from the list shown above is Pikmin 3 and Zelda WW, but oh well, I'll still have fun. I'll finally get to play my Winged Pikmin! <3

There was an E3 Watch Dogs trailer on vimeo, but it got taken down.

EDIT: I found it on youtube.

Sunset Overdrive was the only game from the conference that remotely interested me.

Back