The Official E3 2013 Thread

Xpike said:
I really weep for any so called "gamer" that only has Nintendo consoles, they're missing out on thousands of great games, especially last gen, because of their blind loyalty to a faceless corporation that couldn't give two shits about them and seems to only focus on what Japan needs...if you enjoy gaming, you should consider expanding your horizons, because you never know what you'll find out there, and keeping it safe with and like Nintendo with the same IPs is a really stupid move.

I definitely do feel bad for people that think that only experiencing gaming from one perspective/aspect is not wise of them, because then they don't have a good understanding of gaming.

But at the same time, telling people that you shouldn't play Nintendo - which doesn't care for us as you said - and stick with PS, Xbox, and PC is also not good advice. It's best to just at least have a good understanding of all consoles. You don't have to personally own a console to know about it. Just because some people might not have one in their house doesn't mean that they don't have a good understanding of that console/company.

I have personally played at least 2/3 of the list that you presented, and completed basically all of them and experienced them for myself, and yet I do not have a console.

Even though I still think it is a laugh, I do believe the Xbox one is making a lot of progress on making a chance to be competition with the other competition, but I still do think they have a lot of ground to make it succeed. They are either going to have to give a little with the price or have some really amazing games or their new features end up being a big hit. We'll see.

To clarify, I was not intending for the debate to go in the direction Xpike took it and I'm not fond of his vicious rhetoric, I only wanted to point out that you're wrong about Nintendo having the most balanced range of games for all age groups of any game company. That's never been, still isn't, and never will be the case.

King Antasma said:
250px-Box_NA_-_Mario_%26_Luigi_Dream_Team.png
NOT OUT YET SO IT DOESN'T COUNT LEAVE ME ALOOOOOONE

Look, Xpike, some of that reasoning is poor.

Xpike said:
Zelda has been slowly destroying all the things you mentioned, Skyward Sword getting rid of that big open world, and those challeging puzzles. And I don't know what games you played, but it was never about violence.
Metroid is a shooter now? What the hell are you talking about? Metroid WAS a great exploration game with some small shooter mechanics, but it was mainly for the exploration and openness of the world that you played it, not that shit Other M was.
Pikmin can be difficult, but it's still a really dumbed down strategy game whose time limit it really easy to plan around.
Smash Bros is not supposed to be something for fighting game fans, it's supposed to be a party/fighting hybrid that the FGC mutated into a pro fighting game for Melee, which is why Sakurai implemented such dumb shit as tripping in order to not allow fighting game fans to have fun.
I really weep for any so called "gamer" that only has Nintendo consoles, they're missing out on thousands of great games, especially last gen, because of their blind loyalty to a faceless corporation that couldn't give two shits about them and seems to only focus on what Japan needs. They're missing games like Metal Gear, Assassin's Creed, Journey, Walking Dead, Spec Ops, Devil May Cry, Half Life, Prince of Persia, Super Meat Boy, Portal, Skyrim, Grand Theft Auto, inFamous, Saints Row, Bioshock Infinite, Mirror's Edge, System Shock, the list goes on, but the point is that if you enjoy gaming, you should consider expanding your horizons, because you never know what you'll find out there, and keeping it safe with and like Nintendo with the same IPs is a really stupid move.
Skyward Sword is actually my favorite Zelda game. While it isn't as open as past games, that doesn't take away from the main gameplay of Zelda and the fun of it.
Pikmin. So are you saying a game is dumb if it's difficult? So what if it takes you a few tries to figure it out. And besides, Pikmin 2 doesn't even have a time limit, and Pikmin 3 won't either.
I'm pretty sure there are a lot more pros to make Smash an awesome fighting series and shouldn't be hated for things like tripping.

And you do have to realize not everyone has enough room for a different console or can't afford another one. I've actually wanted to pick up many games including Bioshock, Portal, and Tomb Raider but I never would have any time to use the Xbox I could play it on (even though I'd prefer to play it on a Playstation), but I've picked up the games made available on the Wii U, like Assassin's Creed III, possibly Watch Dogs, and Bayonetta 2 when it comes out.

NSY said:
Yoshidude99 said:
My plan is to stick with my 3DS and hopefully get a 360 since it won't be discontinued for a while and it has some games on that I can only get on it. I would like to say that I am interested in the Wii U but Tank Tank Tank! and the Wonderful 101 are the only games I would want to get on it so far that you cant get on other consoles for cheaper so I'm not really bothered right now about it.
The 360 will stop having games made very soon.

I think a PS3 would do better for you, I also think you will like the Rachet and Clank games.
but the PS3 dosent have some games I want on it. Granted the Xbox dosent have Little Bigplanet which I also want but still.

Then why do you want an Xbox more than PS3.
Crocodile Dippy said:
To clarify, I was not intending for the debate to go in the direction Xpike took it and I'm not fond of his vicious rhetoric, I only wanted to point out that you're wrong about Nintendo having the most balanced range of games for all age groups of any game company. That's never been, still isn't, and never will be the case.

King Antasma said:
250px-Box_NA_-_Mario_%26_Luigi_Dream_Team.png
NOT OUT YET SO IT DOESN'T COUNT LEAVE ME ALOOOOOONE
So what age is Nintendo for, 3 year olds?

I semi agree with Xpike and semi on BMB. They both make good points.

cryoAwakening said:
But at the same time, telling people that you shouldn't play Nintendo - which doesn't care for us as you said - and stick with PS, Xbox, and PC is also not good advice. It's best to just at least have a good understanding of all consoles. You don't have to personally own a console to know about it. Just because some people might not have one in their house doesn't mean that they don't have a good understanding of that console/company.
I actually didn't realize I said that, so to clarify, my point wasn't that you shouldn't own a Nintendo console, but limiting yourself to their games is bad, same would be just playing Playstation games or Xbox games or PC games or iOS games, everyone should try and seek out new experiences without limiting themselves to certain parameters, because you'll never know what you'll like.
Still, Metroid isn't a shooter.

NSY said:
So what age is Nintendo for, 3 year olds?
"Nintendo" - which by the way makes no sense, as they're a publisher not (a) video game(s) itself; I'm not sure how a publisher is "for 3-year olds" - or rather, their games, appeal to anyone that's interested in playing their games. Nothing more, nothing less. By your estimate, I'm of a 3-year old mentality for pre-ordering Pikmin 3 and wanting to play Luigi's Mansion 2 (when I get time, fuck exams)? My point was not that Nintendo doesn't have broad age group appeal, my point was that their age range isn't any more diverse than any other publisher like Sony, Ubisoft, Valve, Capcom, Namco, etc.

Xpike said:
cryoAwakening said:
I actually didn't realize I said that, so to clarify, my point wasn't that you shouldn't own a Nintendo console, but limiting yourself to their games is bad, same would be just playing Playstation games or Xbox games or PC games or iOS games, everyone should try and seek out new experiences without limiting themselves to certain parameters, because you'll never know what you'll like.
Still, Metroid isn't a shooter.
The Prime games are.

The Prime games are classified as First Person Action-Adventure, not First Person Shooters.

too bad there are first person shooting elements in it.

Infact a good chunk of the gameplay is exactly that.

Back