Game Genre that Mario Series haven´t be on

KingMario128

Hi Guys!
Mario Series dominates almost all game genres, soccer, basketball, baseball, party boards, platform, racing, etc.

But he hasn´t be in all genres yet, but what genres will fit in the mario universe?

I think will be cool to have a hack & slash with Bowser as main character.

what about a life simulation game where you are able to just relax in the many places in the mushroom kingdom and beyond. Don't you think mario (and bowser) needs a break? They both have been through a lot. Even when they both attempted to have a vacation in isle delfino they made a conflict with each other which really disrupted their vacation time.

I would love to go shopping in the coconut mall and kick back at isle delfino. However, something needs to happen to peach so they don't fight over her nor try to save her. I got an idea, how about they take turns having peach with them. They will both be satisfied if they do that.

I want a Mario platformer that plays like Mario vs. Luigi mode in New Super Mario Bros. That would be totally cool.

I also want a Mario customization game like Spore, where you can customize a wide variety of your favorite characters and make them do stupid stuff in a sandbox environment.

Super mario billiards? Super Mario shop till "U" drop? Super Mario Cooking? Super mario lawnmowing?
shall I stop?

I got a whole noggin full of ideas.

Super Mario Code writer? Mario teeth brushing? Super Mario window cleaner? Super Mario Lego?(that'll never happen) Super Mario Mechanic? Super Mario IRS? Mario Mafia? Mario Fedex? Super Mario Fishing? Super Mario Helpdesk? Super Mario Rock TV? (get the reference) Super Mario fencebuilder? Super Mario Exterminater? Super Mario: Take your medimucal? Super Mario: Senior Citizen care? I could keep going.

Geno said:
Super Mario Code writer? Mario teeth brushing? Super Mario window cleaner? Super Mario Lego?(that'll never happen) Super Mario Mechanic? Super Mario IRS? Mario Mafia? Mario Fedex? Super Mario Fishing? Super Mario Helpdesk? Super Mario Rock TV? (get the reference) Super Mario fencebuilder? Super Mario Exterminater? Super Mario: Take your medimucal? Super Mario: Senior Citizen care? I could keep going.
I more than doubt any of those will ever happen. It's more likely that Game & Watches would be made again compared to those.

Mr. Game & Watch said:
Geno said:
I more than doubt any of those will ever happen. It's more likely that Game & Watches would be made again compared to those.

OK, i'll give you that one. Most of the stuff I put on hear was just to provide some comic relief to everyone who reads this thread, it's good to laugh sometimes.

Probably the only one I put on here that was slightly possible was Super Mario Fishing.

Mario has never been in "his own actual fighting game", how about they make a fighting game devoted solely around mario and all of his friends and enemies? However, that would kind of make Smash Bros. irrelevant if they did that.

First Person Shooter.

Yoshi Safari is not exactly a first person shooter.. I forgot the word of what it is though.. Rail shooter maybe..idk

It depends on how that genre fit in 3DS/WiiU rom and how many ideas it can give. For example, Sport Mix or Olympics are collection of sports, while those sports don't own a title themselves.

Ball sports can simply give various options for characters and courts. Shooting might be just a minigame in Party or Olympics.

I want a Super Mario Sumo Wrestling game

Danmaku (Bullet Hell) - it'd be a perfect fit, what with the fireballs and Koopa shells and whatnot...

Walkazo said:
Danmaku (Bullet Hell) - it'd be a perfect fit, what with the fireballs and Koopa shells and whatnot...

I don't really see how sparse physical projectiles have to do with bullet hell, but either way i expect them to make an horizontal toe-ho esque shmup starring Ashley any moment now.

genres I'd like to see Mario dabble in;

• Battle Engine Aquila/Gun Metal clone
  • Roguelike
  • Airline management simulation

Glowsquid said:
Walkazo said:

I don't really see how sparse physical projectiles have to do with bullet hell, but either way i expect them to make an horizontal toe-ho esque shmup starring Ashley any moment now.

YEEEEEES I WANT THAT...i will soul my soul to Iwata to have that...where I sign?

KingMario128 said:
Glowsquid said:
Walkazo said:

YEEEEEES I WANT THAT...i will soul my soul to Iwata to have that...where I sign?

how does one, soul a soul?

Geno said:
Super Mario Lego?

if that is a game, you cant even jump on the enemies. because they are lego's. mario would go through a lot of pain jumping on those things.

aregularforumuser said:
KingMario128 said:
Glowsquid said:
Walkazo said:

how does one, soul a soul?

Geno said:
Super Mario Lego?

if that is a game, you cant even jump on the enemies. because they are lego's. mario would go through a lot of pain jumping on those things.

Oops...my bad....I will SOLD my SOUL for an Ashley shmup.

And yes....we need a Waluigi Game...Waluigi Bizzaro Land, with Wa-Waluigi the new bad guy

Geno said:
Super Mario Lego?

[/quote]

The goombas and koopas could just fall apart into lego pieces just like the stormtroopers do lego star wars. Something I did'nt even think about is that the likelyhood of a mario knex game is more probable than a lego game due to the mario kart knex sets that are available at your local walmart.

Glowsquid said:
Walkazo said:
They're sparse in the current games, but then they could use fireball and shell designs for the bullets, rather than simple balls or whatever. Superficial esthetics, yes, but still, better than nothing.

Geno said:
Mr. Game & Watch said:
Geno said:

OK, i'll give you that one. Most of the stuff I put on hear was just to provide some comic relief to everyone who reads this thread, it's good to laugh sometimes.

Probably the only one I put on here that was slightly possible was Super Mario Fishing.
Yeah, that sounds realistic.

Back