Earthbound on Wii U

Mario4Ever said:
chillv said:
Actually, you don't need a guide to get through the game.

As far as battles, dungeons and enemies, you will need a guide for that.

Anyway, it'll be nice to finally play this.

Yeah, that kind of sounded like a contradiction. What I meant by "get through the game", I meant finding out where to go next and how to find stuff.

Ness said:
EarthBound coming out on Tuesday for Wii U
Iwata said that they are going to bring out EarthBound by the end of the year, which I'm going to assume means sometime during fall.

So, no, it's not going to be released on Tuesday.

As far as I know, all we're getting next week is a system update.

Time Turner said:
Ness said:
The Undertaker said:
Ness said:
EarthBound coming out on Tuesday for Wii U

source

mynintendonews
That site says that the Wii U Virtual Console is coming out on Tuesday. The games that are listed will not actually be released on Tuesday. They have been simply announced for a North American release.

so that means that the system update will officially come on monday

well alright then

I heard that EarthBound is not coming out on Tuesday, I could be wrong, but SMW, Kirby Super Star, etc is coming out on Tuesday

Ness said:
I heard that EarthBound is not coming out on Tuesday, I could be wrong, but SMW, Kirby Super Star, etc is coming out on Tuesday
It's not, Iwata clearly said during the Nintendo Direct that it was coming this fall.

Xpike said:
Ness said:
It's not, Iwata clearly said during the Nintendo Direct that it was coming this fall.

no, he didn't

OKAY LET'S MAKE THIS CLEAR

iwata said this during the nintendo direct: "By the end of the year, Earthbound will be released for the Virtual Console. We will provide a specific release date at a later time."

so what he's saying, is it will be out before 2014

there's no specific date yet though

if you ask me, i'd say around the june 14th-july 19th time period

Usually, when a company says by the end of the year, they usually mean some time in fall.

The rating boards in every country is ridiculous in some way. Japan is too lenient with stuff, America over exaggerates way too much, and Europe and Australia are way too strict. I feel that we need to get rid of the rating boards and just have companies rate their games themselves. At least they will make more credible and accurate ratings since "they made the game", "they know what is in it" and "they know their target audience".

WHO'S WITH ME!?[size=36pt]

chillv said:
The rating boards in every country is ridiculous in some way. Japan is too lenient with stuff, America over exaggerates way too much, and Europe and Australia are way too strict. I feel that we need to get rid of the rating boards and just have companies rate their games themselves. At least they will make more credible and accurate ratings since "they made the game", "they know what is in it" and "they know their target audience".

WHO'S WITH ME!?[size=36pt]
Then ratings wouldn't work at all since every company, like the guy above me said, would just fix it so that every title gets maximun sales. The differences between ESRB ratings is due to cultural differences, which is fine, and I prefer it that way.
Ratings are useless anyways, since most parents don't pay attention to what their kids buy, so who cares.

Toad Eightyfive said:
Chillv, that's a horrible idea. They'd just fix the rating to get the highest gross possible.

No they wouldn't and can't either. That would be false advertising to say your game is for kids while it is for adults. False advertising is illegal and can get you in big trouble. I don't think a company would have or even does have the guts to do something like that.

It will be a great idea! Has a video game company ever lied about what is in their game?

Xpike said:
Then ratings wouldn't work at all since every company, like the guy above me said, would just fix it so that every title gets maximun sales. The differences between ESRB ratings is due to cultural differences, which is fine, and I prefer it that way.
Ratings are useless anyways, since most parents don't pay attention to what their kids buy, so who cares.
Some parents do pay attention to ratings. What I mean is that they should allow companies to just list the contents in the game and just put their reccommended age group. Toy companies do that with their own toys, why can't video game companies have that kind of freedom?

Also, video games used to not have ratings at first and they were honest with stuff. Just look at the "adult" atari game boxes. They clearly say that they are adult themed games. Conker's Bad Fur Day (even though it has a rating) specifically says "Advisory: This game is not for anyone under age 17".

Back