Toadette

Baby Luigi said:
Sad thing is, I know exactly how it feels like to have favorite characters neglected too. Toadette and Baby Luigi are my favorites and they haven't appeared since Sluggers. At least Fawful has an excuse; Toadette and Baby Luigi don't really.

Being RPG is no excuse imo

According to Nintendo, it is, and Baby Luigi and Toadette are like no brainers in games such as Mario Tennis Open or Mario Party 9 respectively.

No need to give a source when their actions speak

Baby Luigi said:
Sad thing is, I know exactly how it feels like to have favorite characters neglected too.
It depends. Some characters don't really have to appear all the times (babies, Gadd, King Boo). But Toadette is a character bound to the core story, and Nintendo should find good excuses to neglect her.

PrincessOfPeaches said:
I thought Toadette was created to be Toad's partner in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!...
And Mix Sports didn't think so.

Dorayaki said:
Baby Luigi said:
Sad thing is, I know exactly how it feels like to have favorite characters neglected too.
It depends. Some characters don't really have to appear all the times (babies, Gadd, King Boo). But Toadette is a character bound to the core story, and Nintendo should find good excuses to neglect her.

Baby Luigi doesn't have to appear at all times, but he definitely should

Virion said:
Crazy Dave said:
Fawful said:
Dorayaki said:
Toadette and Koopa Lover said:
Koopa's a good character
UH, what's your definition of character?

Apparently he likes Koopa. Nothing wrong with that.
Apparently Dorayaki's definition of character does not include those representing an entire species.
Even so Koopa fits because he's the major enemy of the series (after Goomba, but they wouldn't be able to drive anyway).

You know, he kind of represents all that.

Well, That Koopa wouldn't be an ally of Bowser.n

I kind of feel the same with Rosalina. Then again, she's not a very easy character to place in spin-off games. I'd rather not have her appear in Mario Party or sports games, actually. Except golf. Golf just suits her, because it's a slow-paced, calm game like her. If she doesn't appear in Mario Golf World Tour I'll be mad and will most likely not buy it. The same goes for Mario Kart Wii U.

Actually it's because I don't own a Wii U nor a 3DS.

Anser said:
I kind of feel the same with Rosalina. Then again, she's not a very easy character to place in spin-off games. I'd rather not have her appear in Mario Party or sports games, actually. Except golf. Golf just suits her, because it's a slow-paced, calm game like her. If she doesn't appear in Mario Golf World Tour I'll be mad and will most likely not buy it. The same goes for Mario Kart Wii U.

The only games Rosalina should not appear in is definitely Mario Strikers and Mario Party. I think all others are fine.

Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:

The only games Rosalina should not appear in is definitely Mario Strikers and Mario Party. I think all others are fine.

And Mario Baseball. I just don't see her playing baseball. Tennis would fit her too, but she wasn't included in favor of 6 goddamn Yoshis. Just one Yoshi is enough, for God's sake. This is why my hopes on having Rosalina in Mario Golf World Tour are very low :(

For some reason I actually can see Rosalina play baseball, but yeah I'm messed up

I believe someone has addressed this, but we've got the upcoming Mario Kart Wii U. Toadette might reappear as a challenger (chances are high, but it's still too early to speculate).

Still, I'd rather wait until more info surfaces; if I'm not mistaken, I think more info would be added when this year's E3 rolls around.

I hate it when Nintendo reveals a title in like fall and doesn't have any more new info until summer

It doesn't make any sense why toadette want playable in mp9.they had toad playable along with 3 toad hosts! If they didn't want toadette playable, they could've at least made her a host.

Im Yoshi said:
It doesn't make any sense why toadette want playable in mp9.they had toad playable along with 3 toad hosts! If they didn't want toadette playable, they could've at least made her a host.

ikr right? Even previous playable characters (Blooper, Hammer Bro., Dry Bones, Boo, Donkey Dude) made some sort of appearance, with the exception of Koopa Kid of course.

I don't see why they had the urge to scrap her completely from Mario Party. I mean, Toadette DOES have her fans.

Baby Luigi said:
Im Yoshi said:

the exception of Koopa Kid
R.I.P. Koopa Kid

1998-2005

:'(

Fawful said:
Baby Luigi said:
I don't see why they had the urge to scrap her [...] Toadette DOES have her fans.

Nintendo don't give squat about who has fans.

Exactly.

But that still hasn't stopped them from expanding their character roster and still adding Waluigi to their rosters

I've seen Toadette as the female equivalent of a generic toad since she is sort of (other than she lacks the multiple colours). I don't like or hate her, if they bring her back then that's fine but I'm not worrying about her appearing again.

I guess Nintendo would rather just change the colour of the toads instead of going to the trouble of making her appear in some games. Regular toads could pass as female now since they're dialogue is pretty generic. Toadette has her fanbase though and I understand that you find it unfair that she's neglected in favour of the generic Toad.

Back