Toadette

Comte Niark said:
Although I would love to see Paper Mario characters appear in Mario Kart or whatever along with Toadette...

People have been requesting Paper Mario/other RPG characters for ages and it still hasn't occurred. It's safe to assume it will never happen.

Yeah. Ya think they would have gotten at least a cameo by now?

That's one of the things that brought MP9 down for me, no Toadette. There was literally NO reason to replace her. I can only hope Nintendo hasn't forgotten about her and will include her in the next MP.

LuckySeven said:
That's one of the things that brought MP9 down for me, no Toadette. There was literally NO reason to replace her. I can only hope Nintendo hasn't forgotten about her and will include her in the next MP.

That's actually a major reason I didn't buy Mario Party 9. Toadette is my favorite character in Mario Party games. Cutting her makes totally no sense. You then end up with a roster SMALLER than the preceding game in the console (Mario Party 8). I'm sure Mario Party 9 still has memory left for Toadette. I'm assuming that ND Cube ASSUMES that no one cares about Toadette.

Nintendo rushed production of MP9 and in the process omitted some characters, we have all seen this many times before. Eventually all the characters who have been forgotten in the past will be brought back or lost completely, i.e donkey kong jr. from the mario kart series.

There is more hope for toadette in future spinoffs that Geno in a Super Mario rpg 2, so just be content for now and go play some Mario party 7.

I'm not that because I hate Koopa Kid; I'm saying that in terms of how weird he looks working against Bowser in games such as Mario Party 5 and Mario Party 6.

Baby Luigi said:
I'm not that because I hate Koopa Kid; I'm saying that in terms of how weird he looks working against Bowser in games such as Mario Party 5 and Mario Party 6.
I think of it more as training. Besides, Party Mode really doesn't have any relevance, because, let's face it, it's a PARTY. No, they're not working against him, they're just having a hellauva goodtime.

BTW, I edited my previous post.

I was thinking about the Star Spirits, but then, I was thinking solely about the Mario Kart

Turbo-Tastic said:
I think of it more as training. Besides, Party Mode really doesn't have any relevance, because, let's face it, it's a PARTY. No, they're not working against him, they're just having a hellauva goodtime.

I don't think Koopa Kid is having a good time being locked in a cage by Bowser, with Bowser proceeding to burn him the same way he does to Wario. And remember Frightmare? Koopa Kid can actually freaking defeat Bowser there.

I don't get what you're trying to say

Still think what Bowser does is a little extreme for training

Toadette and Koopa Lover said:
Koopa's a good character, but I think adding Kamek and Shy Guy to replace Dry Bones and Toadette has being dumb.
UH, what's your definition of character?

Comte Niark said:
Although I would love to see Paper Mario characters appear in Mario Kart or whatever along with Toadette...
Generally Toadette is considered a major member of Mario cast, so RPG characters don't have a bigger chance than her, unless Nintendo offically promote species representives. Therefore, giving them a try like Honey Queen would be nice.

Phantom L said:
I do think that replacing Toadette in MP9 by generic species was a bad move.
The fact MP9 changed the rule retaining characters from past parties is necesarry and acceptable, if the series need a shakeup.

What we concern is, Toadette is the only main character taken away from the cast, not with Yoshi or Waluigi. And they didn't replace with popular seconary characters (maybe King Boo, Rosalina), which makes MP9 less appealing. Worst of all, we have to face a generic host.

The total thread can apply to Toadsworth, only about cameo appearances.

Crazy Dave said:
Fawful said:
Dorayaki said:
Toadette and Koopa Lover said:
Koopa's a good character
UH, what's your definition of character?

Apparently he likes Koopa. Nothing wrong with that.
Apparently Dorayaki's definition of character does not include those representing an entire species.
Even so Koopa fits because he's the major enemy of the series (after Goomba, but they wouldn't be able to drive anyway).

You know, he kind of represents all that.

Virion said:
Crazy Dave said:
Apparently Dorayaki's definition of character does not include those representing an entire species.
Even so Koopa fits because he's the major enemy of the series (after Goomba, but they wouldn't be able to drive anyway). You know, he kind of represents all that.
Species problem is another topic. Not to be offtopic, I think it could lead to a mess if considering species and recurring characters together, which lacks of a well-acknowledged rule. And it's very different from Toad and Yoshi who still keep their generic looks as true characters.

If use it to judge Toadette, at first Toadette was created to be the third toad character, maybe due to the popularity of toads and needs of female characters. It makes some sense since SMB stories do need multiple toads (UH, though Toadette didn't participate at all).

Why are you mentioning a topic that is like 2 years old?

If use it to judge Toadette, at first Toadette was created to be the third toad character, maybe due to the popularity of toads and needs of female characters.
I thought Toadette was created to be Toad's partner in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!...

Sad thing is, I know exactly how it feels like to have favorite characters neglected too. Toadette and Baby Luigi are my favorites and they haven't appeared since Sluggers. At least Fawful has an excuse; Toadette and Baby Luigi don't really.

Back