'Shroom Spotlight

I believe it is from Super Mario Galaxy 1, as it is in Category:Super Mario Galaxy Images, and several Super Mario Galaxy images are used on the Super Mario Galaxy 2 enemy list for some reason.

October Yoshi said:
Eldritchdraaks made the changes to File:Mario Seek.png, but I'm confused by it. It is used on both SMG2 (in the enemy section) page and Boo page (in the Super Mario Galaxy 1 section). What's is the image's purpose? Seems like something that could be cropped, but the background is nice. Where was that picture taken though?
I saw that earlier, if what TFC says is true (and this hasn't been done already), I'd say remove the image from the SMG2 page, and try and use an image from that game in place.

Time Turner said:
Wait, Monster Mixer is definitely still a stub. It doesn't even discuss its role in the story at all.
My apologies. Myself and Shokora will make sure we double-check each focus just to make sure.

Camwoodstock said:
I know I sent a few to Yoshi876's talk page; specifically, Silver Coin, and the differences section in Crazy Kong, which less needs more content and more needs content in the first place.
Probably should have responded to this previously. Myself and Shokora felt that Silver Coin was actually pretty decent, but Shokora did clean it up a little. In regards to Crazy Kong, it slipped our minds, we'll see if it can be a focus at a later date (likely January).

And so, our new November focuses.

Fruit (minigame)
Ruins Key (Super Paper Mario)
Beldam (rewrite)
Silky (rewrite-expand)
Neon Heights (image requested)
Gold Fuzzy (citation needed)

Neon_Heights_-_Mario_Party_7_%28Solo_Board%29.png

Beautiful. I'll probably take snapshots of the other boards while I'm at it.

I looked at The Cutting Room Floor's page for the prototype version of PM:TTYD, and as you can see here (scroll down to Fuzzy and then to Gold Fuzzy), the tattles for Fuzzies and Gold Fuzzies in the prototype say that Fuzzies could suck HP while Gold Fuzzies could not. Therefore, I'm pretty sure the claim on the Gold Fuzzy page that they sucked HP in the earlier builds is false. I'm going to remove it unless anyone has any objections.

EDIT: I'm marking the page as completed for the Spotlight's goals.

Gave my hand at rewriting Eddie the Mean Old Yeti. The only other thing I could potentially help out with is the Star (Mario Party series) images.

EDIT: Uploaded some more images for the Star article. Unfortunately, I don't have any more screenshots for the rest, I think that's what that image tag wants.

Added a Mario Part 8 image of the Star, though said image needs a quality boost. Was going to upload an MP10 image as well, but Wii U internet is having some issues for me, so I'll have to try that again later unless someone else gives it a go.

EDIT: Had to go through DeviantArt to do it, but I uploaded the MP10 image.

I wonder if My Boyfriend would be good as a "Wanted Article" spotlight focus next issue...?

My issue would be highlighting stuff from the same game numerous times. So, I was planning to look in different areas. I've got an idea for what I want as a Wanted Article for next month.

Yes, I'm afraid it is too late for this edition, but I'm happy to look into it for February's one.

I didn't purge the trivia from Paper Jam, but I did purge the trivia template out of the remaining articles listed in the category.

Again.

While LuigiMaster123 found a video showing Ice Mario in Super Mario Galaxy 2, the video description claims that the files for Ice Mario are not on the disc and were inputted manually. I'm leaving the trivia up in case it is true on the off chance, but to our dataminers, are the Ice Mario files actually on the disc? If not, it appears to be false info. Unfortunately, the user who added it in has gone inactive, so we can't ask them where they got their source.

With a vague description like that and the only source being a video with a disclaimer that says information isn't on the disc anyway, I'd imagine that it's possible that they just imported assets from the first Galaxy and made the Ice playable there, because of how similar the two games are. If there WAS (at the very least completed) information on the disc, it would be far easier to use those assets rather than create the coding from scratch or import from another game.

I've found a focus that would be good for next issue's (or the issue after that's) 'Shroom Spotlight:

:File:Subwarine.jpg

Needs to be retaken in HANS quality, and there's a logo at the bottom right of the page that might need to be removed.

Hey 'Shroom readers and fans. Hope you've all had a look at the new Spotlight, especially since there's a new image of yours truly there.

Mostly an image-based edition this month, but I'm hoping to tackle a rewrite focus next month, if you've got any categories you'd like me to take a look in, feel free to recommend them.

Anyway, onto this month's focuses:

Snot Bomb (wanted articles)
Character Coin (rewrite-expand)
Propeller Mushroom (citation needed)
Surfing Minigame (image requested)
File:MiiBRJet.jpg (image quality)
Game Over (more images needed)

Back