UM's Roster

Ridley. too big. and well, would be broken. he'd only fly, and not be able to walk on the ground.

Bubble Man said:
Size can be altered. Olimar was too small.

That's a joke on Sakurai's reason Ridley wasn't playable

Kirby:
Kirby
King DDD
Meta Knight
Gooey (yeah I know this is pretty biased considering I was once Gooey)

If there wasn't the bias. Then I guess Bandana Dee'll dee.

Gooey isn't that bad of a choice, actually

Baby Luigi said:
Gooey isn't that bad of a choice, actually
Thanks. He kinda had some backlash in a roster Magikrazy showed in that other thread.

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (His Pokemon could either be Typhlosion, Bayleef, and Totodile, Blaziken, Grovyle, and Mudkip, Infernape, Grottle, and Piplup, or Emboar, Servine, and Oshawott
Mewtwo
Lucario
Zoroak
Jigglypuff

Looking back at my Kirby games, a few signs point to Gooey being dead. We could put that aside, though. Still, Gooey would most likely be a Kirby clone. He'd make a pretty good Assist Trophy

Cirdec said:
Am I the only one who thinks Sylux could be a good Metroid character?

idk, i prefer rundas as a playable metroid character.

even if he was only in a game for a very short time.

Pinkie Pie said:
Cirdec said:
I think Demise and Ganondorf would be too similar, only one of them.
Too similar? DEMISE IS GANONDORF. although he wouldn't be a clone. Why? CUZ UNLIKE GANON HE ACTUALLY BROUGHT HIS *bleep*ING SWORD.

Metroid:

Samus
Dark Samus

Kid Icarus:
Pit
Palutena
Hades
Dark Pit

I hate when people say Ridley is too big.

He was just a bit taller than Samus in one of the games!

And Olimar is supposed to be an INCH tall.......

But no Gooey. Bandanna Waddle Dee is a better choice.

And Kid Icaurus doesn't need that many characters. Pit and Palutena are just fine.

New Super Mario said:
I hate when people say Ridley is too big.

He was just a bit taller than Samus in one of the games!

And Olimar is supposed to be an INCH tall.......

But no Gooey. Bandanna Waddle Dee is a better choice.

And Kid Icaurus doesn't need that many characters. Pit and Palutena are just fine.

Anyone else notice how much they shrunk Honey Queen for MK7?

Pinkie Pie said:
Bubble Man said:
Looking back at my Kirby games, a few signs point to Gooey being dead.
wait what

He's trying to make a point that Gooey is not being used anymore

That fact is easily counter-arguable by mentioning the Ice Climbers

oh i thought he was ACTUALLY dead.

Bubble Man said:
Still, Gooey would most likely be a Kirby clone.
What. what.

Have you even played Kirby's Dreamland 3? He uses his tongue, he doesn't inhale. Consider this: He could be like Yoshi, except be able to use his tongue in his standard smashes. Because, well, he's a blue blob. And while of course, he'd probably have copy abilities, his other moves could be as good as completely different.

Why would that impact Gooey being playable?

Bubble Man said:
Baby Luigi said:
Well, he's dead.

Not a nice comeback

Ganondorf and Bowser died in tons of games and yet they're still playable. The Super Smash Bros. series don't even stay true to the game series the character originated. All character roster choices depend on their popularity or role, not necessarily if they're still living in their games or not

Baby Luigi said:
Bubble Man said:
Baby Luigi said:
Well, he's dead.

Not a nice comeback

Ganondorf and Bowser died in tons of games and yet they're still playable. The Super Smash Bros. series don't even stay true to the game series the character originated. All character roster choices depend on their popularity or role, not necessarily if they're still living in their games or not

Bowser is shown getting resurrected during the final battle in NSMBDS and that was really the only time he actually died being reduced to a skeleton. Not sure about Ganondorf though.

Owain said:
Fawful said:
In Toad's defense, he is major playable character in NSMBW and NSMBU.
In addition to the fact that that isn't THE Toad, the 2 in NSMBW and NSMBU played exactly the same as Mario and Luigi doing absolutely nothing to differentiate him (or them, whatever) from the Bros.

They could give Toad the power ups from the New series like the Propeller Helmet. They're not in Mario and Luigi's Smash movesets, so it wouldn't be much of a problem.

Back