I do not get it.

Because some people like Toad?

Baby Luigi said:
Crystal said:
why in blazes do people want toad?

I do not get it.

yeah but why?

He doesnt really do anything and actually toad is now considered a species too, since toad's are all basically the same lol.

Crystal said:
Baby Luigi said:
Crystal said:
why in blazes do people want toad?

I do not get it.

yeah but why?

He doesnt really do anything and actually toad is now considered a species too, since toad's are all basically the same lol.

Well, Yoshis are a species and that didn't stop him from being playable

I can argue that Toad just doesn't do nothing; he panics, he screams, and he pretends to look competent.

point taken about species, but yoshi has its own game series and actually does something.

....has toad ever done anything significant?

Nope. And as far as I know, all the characters from the Super Smash Bros. series had a significant role some time

Crystal said:
point taken about species, but yoshi has its own game series and actually does something.

....has toad ever done anything significant?

In Toad's defense, he is major playable character in NSMBW and NSMBU.

That's not really Toad; that's Blue Toad and Yellow Toad. Toad is the guy who is trapped in the chests and the one that screams about Nabbit stealing his crap.

Don't get me wrong. I support Toad to be playable actually. But these are the facts; Toad doesn't do much. Well, maybe except Super Mario Bros. 2 and Wario's Woods, both which can be counter-argued.

I just think Toad is more relevant to the series than Bowser Jr. I mean, we've only have Bowser Jr. for like 13 years or so, and Toad's been here forever, and been in almost every game.

And someone here posted a moveset possibility a while back that was perfect.

Bubble Man said:
Still, Bowser Jr. does more than Toad, who nowadays just gets kidnapped and does nothing else.
Toad, really doesn't get kidnapped. He's a HUGE supporting character, especially in the RPGs and stuff like that.

Peach doesn't really do THAT much, but she got in. I'm sure Toad can get in as well.

New Super Mario said:
I just think Toad is more relevant to the series than Bowser Jr. I mean, we've only have Bowser Jr. for like 13 years or so, and Toad's been here forever, and been in almost every game.

And someone here posted a moveset possibility a while back that was perfect.
Seniority really doesn't matter too much. A newer character can do more in 13 years than another can in 28 (or however long this series has been around). I'd like to see this new moveset as well because as it stands, I'll take giant robots and reality warping paintbrushes over tossing vegetables any day.

Fawful said:
In Toad's defense, he is major playable character in NSMBW and NSMBU.
In addition to the fact that that isn't THE Toad, the 2 in NSMBW and NSMBU played exactly the same as Mario and Luigi doing absolutely nothing to differentiate him (or them, whatever) from the Bros.

>thread about my roster
>toad in next ssb fanboy war

Seems legit.

In all seriousness though, I would just like to say one thing: When someone thinks of the Mario series, who do they think of? Well no duh Mario, and of course Luigi, with a side of Peach, and than Yoshi, and than they'd most likely think of Toad next.

Zelda
Link
Zelda
Young Link
Ganon
Demise

If not
Demise
, Ghirahim, Skull Kid, or Vaati would work.

Demise is a bad choice, he first appeared around 99.8% into the game. I really liked him for the time he was around but Ghriahim would be a much better choice for Syward Sword.

Vaati might work but then he's kinda faded.

Cirdec said:
I think Demise and Ganondorf would be too similar, only one of them.
Too similar? DEMISE IS GANONDORF. although he wouldn't be a clone. Why? CUZ UNLIKE GANON HE ACTUALLY BROUGHT HIS FUCKING SWORD.

Metroid:

Samus
Dark Samus

Kid Icarus:
Pit
Palutena
Hades

Back