User Total Drama Action - Finale

Re: User Total Drama Action (Week 2: The Mighty Pen)

Gundam Tanaka said:
Time Turner said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
whatever anyone says my story is the best
You mean the one that you haven't even sent in yet?
I've PM'd it to the other players, be patient.

if you want I can give you an advanced copy
I'll wait for the final copy. You didn't happen to receive a story from Gutseh O'Malley, did you?

Time Turner said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Time Turner said:
Gundam Tanaka said:

I'll wait for the final copy. You didn't happen to receive a story from Gutseh O'Malley, did you?
I did.

Mine is better.

And also the correct amount of words.

Gundam Tanaka said:
Time Turner said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Time Turner said:
Gundam Tanaka said:

I did.

Mine is better.

And also the correct amount of words.
I said from 500 to 2000. His was just above 500.

Reminder for you guys: I won't be keeping the challenge going forever. Perhaps pick up the pace?

Time Turner said:
Reminder for you guys: I won't be keeping the challenge going forever. Perhaps pick up the pace?

We will try to get you the Moody Mushroom stuff by no later than Sunday.

I do have to lol at how both teams are like doing two completely opposite tactics though. We'll keep ours a secret for now. >:D

you're just going to have one of those things where you type things by only seeing a few words or something aren't you

All right, the official deadline is this Tuesday. Rupees, I'd like to see something concrete from you.

Reminder: All game-related PMs must be sent to me. Later on, I will be strict about this.

Time Turner said:
All right, the official deadline is this Tuesday. Rupees, I'd like to see something concrete from you.

The moody mushrooms are in a very secure position atm.

Can't wait to see what the Rupees [quickly] create.

And with five minutes remaining, the Moody Mushrooms - who all worked on it together - have submitted their masterpiece!

Also, btw, I call dibs on User Total Drama World Tour.

Xerneas said:

Invalid. You can't call dibs on two games at the same time, host-hog.

Toad Eightyfive said:
Xerneas said:

Invalid. You can't call dibs on two games at the same time, host-hog.

What do you mean?

If you are refering to UBB7, that won't be for like another half year maybe more at the pace of Smasher and what LN1's pace may be.

Besides, NSM did both UBB4 and then UTDI right afterwards.

The two games are not going to conflict. This game will be over way before UBB6 starts if my math is correct, which will allow me to do UTDWT during UBB5 and UBB6 and then finish it in time for UBB7.

I know my math.

Besides, give me three valid reasons why I can't host two things at once. Did you not remember how well I have paced UBB2 and finished it in Two months? I already have everything mapped out for UBB7 and all the competitions set in place as well as back-up competitions in case. I am a very pro-active host, and I don't waste time. At the mere 1% chance that UBB7 and UTDWT overlap - which would probably be for a week or two at most - then it's not like I would not be able to handle it.

While I appreciate the utter random humor of the Rowdy Rupee's story. (I was pretty much like WTF the whole way through xD). Both stories involved my favorite pony in some way

...I have to give this one to the Moody Mushrooms for making a sort of mini-episode kind of thing with their story. The Rupee's story definitely had something going for it, but it was just too random compared to the Moody Mushroom's. While the Mushroom's, while not exactly perfect did have an order of events follow and mostly in-character with any ponies in the show that show up in it.

I think I can just appreciate a story that tries to have a focus of trying to make a believable moment and staying in-character rather then sending Twilight to become me, while being sent on a quest to kiss Smasher (It's surely making me curious for Smasher's reaction to the story considering he's on the other tribe though hehe) for no real reason other then for the lolz. Not that it didn't make me chuckle xD The Mushroom's story wouldn't exactly win favors if it was posted on a site like FiMFiction for a few nitpicky reasons, but I still prefer it over the too random story that I got from the Rupees.

The winner of this competition is the Moody Mushrooms

With the winner decided, here are the submissions from both teams:

Moody Mushrooms:
Xerneas said:
Written together by the members of the Moody Mushroom.

In the simple town of Ponyville, Twilight was in the midst of organizing the library. Spike, carrying an entire bookshelf of novels[1], was strangling behind her. She was continuing added to the pile when Spike slipped on a feather. The stack weaved back and forth as he tried to keep his balance when it was too unstable. Crash[2]! The books splattered across the room, knocking Twilight off the ladder.
“Spike, are you alright!?” She cried in concern.
He lifted his head from the sea of literature[3], his eyes still swimming as imaginative phoenixes circled around his head. Muttering unintelligibly, he passed out, falling asleep. Twilight sighed, lifting him up with her magic. “Ugh...you take a nice nap.” She gently placed him in his bed as she casted a spell to make all the books fly back onto the shelves.
“There we are!” She cried as the library glistened in the sunlight shining through the windows. Content, she decided to check on Applejack and Sweet Apple acres. Those apple critters are going to need to be extra tasty today.
When she opened the door, Twilight barely had any time to react as Rainbow Dash rammed straight into her[4]! Both of them tumbled backwards, ramming into the bookshelves. All the books fell straight down on them.
“Rainbow Dash, I just finished reorganizing the entire place!” She cried, grimacing. “It’s imperative that I have this place all neat and tidy for the arrival of Celestia. She is going to be here in less than an hour. I need to see if Applejack is all done setting up!”
“That’s…what I…huff, came over here for!” Rainbow Dash spat out as she took a second to catch her breath. “Fluttershy’s animals got spooked when I scared Pinkie Pie with a thundercloud, and its bad.[5]”
“Right, let’s go.” Twilight commented as they both left the house. They ran straight across town, right towards Sweet Apple Acres. But their progress was halted by the massive amount of animals populating the area.
“Oh no,” Twilight muttered as she saw all the animals terrorizing the farm. They were eating from the trees, nabbing all the sweets for the princess, and pulling the table cloths right off from the tables. Applejack and Big Mackintosh were busy trying to round up a few of the animals while Granny Smith was yapping at the rabbits chewing on an apple.
Fluttershy was hovering above, trying to calm the animals down with her sweet quiet voice. However, none of them seemed to be listening. Disappointed, she came over to Rainbow and Twilight, hiding her face in shame. “It’s all my fault. Had I been able to calm down the animals before they ran away, none of this would have happened. I’m so sorry Twilight for causing all of this.”
“Don’t forget about Pinkie!” Pinkie cheered as she appeared behind everyone, shooting streamers from a cannon. “Not now.” Rainbow Dash yelled. “Okie Dokie,” Pinkie cried in joy as she kicked the cannon out of sight, crashing loudly somewhere in the distance.
“What are we going to do?” Twilight moaned, looking at the disaster. Just then, Rarity strolled along in a fancy dress with rubies and diamonds embedded throughout the fabric. She seemed completely unaware of what was happening as she walked up to her friends.
“So when will the Princess be arriving? Also, is this dress really saying that I’m about to meet the princess or is it one of my early morning just throw on whatever I got dresses? I really don’t want to have the Princess see me in awful attire, and I know that we cannot have her thinking of me – I mean, us as filthy ponies.”
A herd of sheep ran by, knocking Rarity into mud, splattering it all over her fine dress. “Ugh, watch it!” Then she saw Sweet Apple Acres. “What in the world is going on here right now? Is Applejack trying to make a petting zoo for Princess Celestia?”
Twilight shook her head. “Come on, we need to get these animals out of here. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie, help Applejack herd them away from the farm. Fluttershy, make sure they head straight out of here and not into town. Rarity, help me clean up the place while they are taking care of it.”
“Right.” They all chimed in at the same time.
Pinkie bounced over to Applejack. “Come on you little animals, there is a much, much more super spectacular place to play and stampede on. Mush you guys, mush!”
Rainbow Dash made sure that no animals fell out of the herd as they began stampeding away from the farm. Fluttershy fluttered ahead, leading the leaders straight away from the farm and town, heading straight towards a nice meadow just outside of town.
Twilight and Rarity casted spells to restore the damaged tools and tables, fixing the broken plates and chewed table cloths. In just a matter of minutes, it appeared as though the farm had not even been ravaged by spooked animals.
Though, all the ponies were dirty from all the hard work, and collapsed next to the barn in exhaustion. “Thanks a-mighty y’all. Couldn’t have done it without a good reckon from you all.” Applejack huffed, wiping her forehead with her hoof.
“Oh no!” Twilight cried as Celestia’s chariot began to descend towards Sweet Apple Acres. All of the treats have been completely devoured, and they were all still covered in dirt and mud. There was no time to freshen up, or make any snacks.
As soon as Princess Celestia descended, they all walked up to her chariot. “My faithful student Twilight Sparkle, it’s great to see you again!” She exclaimed, and then noticing all of them covered in filth. “It seems that you all have a good mud bath, or am I missing something?”
Twilight frowned, shunning her head in shame. “I’m so sorry Princess, there was a stampede of animals that ran through here, and we just finished taking care of it. Everything was all set out for you to enjoy, but we didn’t have enough time to make more food or to clean up from our work. Please forgive us for not being at our best appearance for you.”
Celestia giggled at her words. “My dearest Twilight, you do not need to apologize to me. You don’t always have to be all dressed up to see me. The important thing is not the food or the appearance, but to be with your friends and make sure everything is alright. I rather have you fully covered in mud than to see you avoiding a disaster happening in our homes. Friends need each other, and you have proven yourself well. Twilight, I’m sure that you can take this lesson for your studies as a Princess.”
Twilight beamed and bowed. “Yes Princess.”
“I was actually going to stop by the Library when I saw the animal herd and was caught up watching your actions. That is because there is an emergency in the Crystal Empire and I am needed right away. I will see you all again for a nice relaxing day another time, and I’ll be sure to help you when you need it Twilight at any time. Goodbye for now.”
“Bye!” Everyone cried as they waved Celestia a farewell. She disappeared on her chariot, heading straight to the North.
Rarity looked at herself. “How about we all head to the spa now, my treat?”
Everyone chuckled at her, walking back towards town. “I’m being serious.” Rarity stated with a grim face.
---
Literary Devices:
1 – Hyperbole, as carrying an “entire bookshelf of books” is an overstatement.
2 – Onomatopoeia, as crash in the context is used to describe a sound.
3 – Sensory detail, as it appeals to the line of sight and describe how the library appeared covered in books, almost like a sea.
4 – Rainbow Dash in the story is used as a plot device to move the plot from the cleaning of the library to the dire situation on the farm.
5 – The statement Rainbow Dash makes appeals to the foreshadowing aspect, as it hints at what is about to be revealed next.

Rowdy Rupees:
Gundam Tanaka said:
^
okay I'll be right back I need to get drunk

okay let's do this

and this is actually more than 500 words, unlike another story I can mention

it uses satire, parody, third-person perspective, fourth wall breakage, and a Chekhov's fun (Twilight's Mahjong abilities.)
There once was a pony named Twilight Sparkle. Twilight enjoyed partaking in activities such as mini-golfing and Mahjong. However, Twilight Sparkle also had a very serious problem. She was a pony and couldn't partake in activities such as mini-golfing and Mahjong due to various disabilities such as lack of hands, lack of poseable thumbs, and inability to stand on her hind legs. So one day she made a deal with the evil octopus witch queen Ursula to become a human.

"Ursula can I become a human?" Twilight Sparkle asked.

"Okay," Ursula said.

And so Twilight Sparkle became a human but Ursula forgot to tell her about the catch. She would be forced to spend her entire life in a strange place called the Super Mario Boards. There was only one way out of this. She would have to track down the mysterious old god of blue, also known as the Smashercus idioticus, and kiss him. So Twilight Sparkle despaired for a long time because she did not want to kiss Smasher as he was known to be the most repulsive being on the planet.

So Twilight Sparkle became the forum user known as SonicMario. SonicMario had an obsession with Twilight Sparkle because he was actually Twilight Sparkle. To keep herself sane during the long years on the forum she plotted to track down and perform acts of unspeakable horror on those who refused to conform to the worship of Twilight Sparkle. Unfortunately she became overwhelmed and had to work long nights to come up with all the plans to kill the many people who did not worship Twilight Sparkle.

But unfortunately, Twilight Sparkle could never find the one person she needed to find, Smasher. Despaired, she asked, "Where can I find Smasher?"

Then she heard an answer. "Hello Twilight Sparkle I am the one who wrote this story and I will help you find Smasher. He is participating in the 2013 Mahjong Tournament in Tucky (the state previously known as Kentucky before it was seized by the wild winged turtles controlled by Tucayo."

"Okay," responded Twilight Sparkle.

Finally the day had come. Twilight Sparkle attended the Mahjong Tournament, being the second pony to do so. She played many tough games using her poseable thumbs and did quite well. Finally she got to the final round and she had to play Smasher.

“Smasher! I have to kiss you!” she screamed.

“No,” said Smasher.

"Then I will have to defeat you so I can get the grand prize of your eternal love."

"wait since when was the grand prize my eternal love"

And so they played. It was the greatest Mahjong match of all time. Sparks flew. Twilight's brow filled with sweat as she placed the tiles on the board. Suddenly she jumped up and screamed as she found out that she had finally defeated the wicked Smasher.

"Yay! Now I can kiss Smasher," she said gleefully.

But then she realized that Smasher was incredibly ugly and didn't want to kiss him. She suddenly fainted from the horror of the idea that she had to kiss him.

"NO!" President Barack Obama arrived on the scene, devastated by this happening. "I will save you with my Obama care! However it costs 10 bits that I will have to take from you."

But Twilight's best friend, known only by her gang names of Pink E. Pie, Pi, or simply RandomYoshi, knew that Twilight (who's still SonicMario, by the way) only had 5 bits in her pocket. Luckily Pink. E. Pie was assertive.

"We will pay 5 bits for Obamacare!" RandomYoshi screamed.

"10 bits!"

"5 bits!"

"9 bits!"

"5 bits!"

"8 bits!"

"5 bits!"

"7 bits!"

"5 bits!"

"6 bits!"

"5 bits! And that's my final offer!"

"Okay," said Obama. So Twilight Sparkle got Obamacare for 5 bits. However it was found that the only medical treatment for Smasherphobia was a kiss from Smasher himself. So while Twilight was unconscious Obama arrested Smasher and forced him to kiss Twilight. And Twilight turned back into a pony and somehow all of her friends had the ability to do whatever the hell they wanted to with their hooves without caring about the laws of physics. Also RandomYoshi became a pony called Pinkie Pie. And Obama became rich from Obamacare. And the Mahjong Tournament got their third non-human winner. And Smasher went on being Smasher.

The End (no not Neptune).

Back