User Total Drama Action - Finale

For our very final challenge of the entire competition, SonicMario and Rocker were put to the test of knowledge, memory, and blind guessing through a quiz on the 1993 failure, Super Mario Bros. Both contestants were asked ten questions, each of them with four possible answers. Only one of these answers was correct, and whoever randomly picked the most correct answers would be crowned the winner of User Total Drama Action. However...

1. Which of the following actors from Harry Potter fame had a role in Super Mario Bros.?

A. Fiona Shaw - The actress known for her role as Petunia Dursley found a place in this film as Lena, the romantic interest of Mr. Koopa.
B. Richard Griffiths
C. Gary Oldman
D. Michael Gambon

2. Which of the following enemies did not have a representative in the film?

A. Big Bertha
B. Bob-omb
C. Thwomp
D. Piranha Plant - Big Bertha was a physical character, and both the Bob-omb and the Thwomp appeared as items, but the Piranha Plant somehow managed to escape the grasp of the film.

3. Which of Bowser's children had a representative in the film?

A. Wendy O. Koopa
B. Larry Koopa
C. Iggy Koopa - Though the film character and the game character have nothing in common, Iggy (full name Ignatius, apparently) was the only one to pop up in the film.
D. Ludwig von Koopa

4. Who was the narrator?

A. Dan Castellaneta - Yes, the voice actor known throughout the world as the lovable Homer Simpson somehow showed up as the narrator.
B. Kevin Spacey
C. Brenda Strong
D. Richard McGonagle

5. What is the name of the weapon used to reduce creatures to an ancestral species?

A. Devolver Gun
B. De-evolution Gun
C. Devolution Gun - The wiki has a tendancy to call this gun the "De-evolution Gun", but in the end, this gun is called the Devolution Gun.
D. Unevolvution Gun

6. What is the name of the reptilian city parallel to Manhattan?

A. Koopahattan
B. Dinohattan - The city run by Koopa (formely run by Bowser) is home to a plethora of dinosaurs, so what better name for it than Dinohattan?
C. Rephattan
D. Bowserhattan

7. Which of these characters were reduced to an ancestral species?

A. Daisy
B. Luigi
C. Toad
D. Yoshi

8. What is the name of Koopa's love interest?

A. Lori
B. Lena - Lois Lane is Superman's main lover interest, Lana Lang is Superman's childhood love interest, and Lori Lemaris is Superman's mermaid love interest (don't ask). Lena Lastnameoptional, however, is the one that shows up here.
C. Lana
D. Lois

9. According to estimations, how much did the movie cost?

A. $37 million
B. $49 million
C. $54 million
D. $42 million - All the time and lack of effort spent into the sets, actors, props, and effects totaled to a surprising $42 million.

10. Around how much money did the movie actually make?

A. $21 million - Despite carring the name of Mr. Nintendo himself, the movie only made $20,915,465, less than half of what it cost.
B. $32 million
C. $10 million
D. $18 million

Rocker:
1. Gary Oldman
2. Big Bertha
3. Larry Koopa
4. Dan Castellaneta
5. Devolution Gun
6. Rephattan
7. Toad
8. Lori
9. $49 million
10. $21 million

SonicMario:
1. B. Richard Griffiths
2. C. Thwomp
3. C. Iggy Koopa
4. A. Dan Castellaneta
5. A. Devolver Gun
6. B. Dinohatten
7. C. Toad
8. A. Lori
9. B. $49 Million
10. D. $18 Million

...there was a tie. So, I had one final challenge to settle what was supposed to be the final challenge: when was the movie actually released? Well, it was on the 28th of May, 1993, but the two remaining contestants had to guess this date. Whoever got the closest would be forever known as the UTDA winner. So, who won? Rocker put his money on the 20th of June, which makes a difference of thirty-three days. That number's certainly nothing to scoff at. SonicMario, on the other hand, hedged his bets on the 20th of May, giving him a difference of eight days. With the tie-breaker settled, it is clear who the victor is.

SonicMario, the former-intern, current-player, has triumphed over all others and is the champion of User Total Drama Action!

I went for late june to put my guess in the middle of the year, maybe up my odds, but SM apparently either guessed really well or knew the month, so congratulations, SM, you are the victor.

This has been a great game GD, and it was wonderful to play it. =D And you've definitely set the bar for BMB pretty high.

Also damn, I made it to not only the final four, but the final 2. Awesome.

Well holy crap, I couldn't believe it. This was a TOTAL guess on my part. And I couldn't believe I chose a date so close.

But really this was just too close for comfort. Had I got one more wrong in the SMB Movie quiz I would of lost.

I also considered doing somewhere in the middle of the year but I decided to take a chance that it was a little earlier. And that overall went well for me.

Back