Do you always use 3D mode when playing 3DS games?

Do you always use 3D mode when playing 3DS games?

• Yes

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • No

Votes: 28 62.2%

• Total voters

MCS

Donkey Kong
I always use 3D when playing my 3DS games. It doesn't give me a headache or anything, and I like that little extra sense of depth. I used to always keep the 3D mode on, whether I was playing it or not, but I learned recently that turning the 3D mode off when not in use saves the battery a whole lot more.

No, I don't.
Actually, last time I've used 3D, was somewhere in July of 2011.
With 3D on, I need to sit in the exact same position, which I simply can't, and it as well disrupts my concentration, which is needed in many games.

I always leave it on unless direct sunlight is shining on the screen or to conserve battery.

I never use the 3D. As soon as I got my 3DS, my eyes would hurt after an hour or so of playing, and I couldn't even see the 3D properly anyway, so I just disabled it.

Always, unless I'm playing Fluidity: Spin Cycle, since it doesn't have 3D functionality.

I don't because somehow I scratched my screen, and when I turn the 3D on, it starts showing up and makes it difficult to play. It's a distraction, kiddies!

Keyzer said:
I don't because somehow I scratched my screen, and when I turn the 3D on, it starts showing up and makes it difficult to play. It's a distraction, kiddies!
My screen was broken once.

I ordered a new one and took my 3DS apart.

It works like usual since.

I have to say, replacing something from the upper part of the 3DS is a pain in the ass.

i dont really have a 3ds and always wondered:

why does 3d mode even do? I've heard its okay for oot3d but most people complain that the feature is useless(none seem to give any details though), so yeah.

Well, the complaints stem from the fact that the feature isn't necessary to play games. For most games, it adds depth or causes things to "pop out," but it rarely ever has a practical use (a notable exception is Super Mario 3D Land).

Sometimes I forget that feature is even on the 3DS. That should tell you how much I use it.

Not that I don't like it, it's just I forget it's there.

Crystal said:

why does 3d mode even do? I've heard its okay for oot3d but most people complain that the feature is useless(none seem to give any details though), so yeah.
For one, the 3D can be very useful in 3D platformers (like SM3DL which M4E mentioned) to give a better sense of distance between platforms. Well, at least that's how I see it.

huh so it pretty much just helps with certain games. Kind of a shame, i'd think they would make some pretty good use of it.

Mariomario64 said:
Crystal said:

For one, the 3D can be very useful in 3D platformers (like SM3DL which M4E mentioned) to give a better sense of distance between platforms. Well, at least that's how I see it.

That's true, but the platforms are hideously placed in that game that it's still way too difficult than it should be to calculate your jumps.

The problem with the 3d is that everyones eyes are different. Example of this would be people have to have different perscriptions for eyeglasses. Anyway, nintendo needs to find a way to "fine tune" the 3d for each individual person. The depth slider on the side of the handheld doesn't provide a way to do that. All it does it make kinof blurry or really blurry. Some games you get on the other hand do allow you to kindof fine tune your 3d to fit your eyes. The rest just freak my eyes out and give me a headache.

No, honestly no need for me to do so. I always have the 3D mode turned off on my 3DS.

Most of the time, no. I can't see properly in games and I only use it for the camera and Swapnote.

Back