Marvel Cinematic Universe

Whose side are you on?

• Total voters
Nope. I'm not watching even the tiniest bit of footage for Civil War. I wanna go in as blind as I can. My friend did it for Ultron and he says it was fun.

idunno how you can manage that, i think i'd cave within the first week of info popping up.

i usually watch the trailers but considering how much of age of ultron was shown in the trailers maybe i'll just leave this one alone

If you ask me, they definitely should consider showing the Daredevil on TV as well instead of being restricted to Netflix...

Once exams are over, I'm finally getting Netflix and binge watching Daredevil. As well as whatever else interests me on netflix.

looks like jon bernthal is our new punisher

wouldn't have minded if they brought thomas jane back for the role, tbh

i think i'll be more open to the idea of bernthal when i get the image of shane out of my head

so i've seen a lot of people comparing antman to aou and i dont think its a good comparison. aou was a dark film, there was a lot of death and destruction. ant-man is much lighter. it has dark themes and dark moments but it never really gets dark. bar one or two basically every scene has comic relief doing their job. i think a better comparison would actually be gotg but w/e

so yeah there was more comedy in this film than i expected. a bunch of times i heard people laughing out loud (myself included) and like i dont think ive seen that in any other mcu films.

unlike aou there is an after end titles AND an after credits scene so yeah stay till the end. it sucked that aou didnt have one

-the tie in with avengers was great
-maybe this is why falcon wasnt in the battle of aou, marvel maybe didnt want to have to pay for the cgi and the actor for both films. speaking of where the hell was everyone else, falcon was talking to somebody at the end so why didnt they come help
-i feel like i should know the guy in the after credits but i dont. also when falcon said "i know a guy" i got super excited since i thought coulson but sam doesnt know coulson's alive so who is it
-chris at the end was golden
-can i call the wasp bit at the end the stinger hahaha what do you mean that joke was terrible

i also really want luis' van now

Callie said:
so i've seen a lot of people comparing antman to aou and i dont think its a good comparison. aou was a dark film, there was a lot of death and destruction. ant-man is much lighter. it has dark themes and dark moments but it never really gets dark. bar one or two basically every scene has comic relief doing their job. i think a better comparison would actually be gotg but w/e

so yeah there was more comedy in this film than i expected. a bunch of times i heard people laughing out loud (myself included) and like i dont think ive seen that in any other mcu films.

unlike aou there is an after end titles AND an after credits scene so yeah stay till the end. it sucked that aou didnt have one

-the tie in with avengers was great
-maybe this is why falcon wasnt in the battle of aou, marvel maybe didnt want to have to pay for the cgi and the actor for both films. speaking of where the hell was everyone else, falcon was talking to somebody at the end so why didnt they come help
-i feel like i should know the guy in the after credits but i dont. also when falcon said "i know a guy" i got super excited since i thought coulson but sam doesnt know coulson's alive so who is it
-chris at the end was golden
-can i call the wasp bit at the end the stinger hahaha what do you mean that joke was terrible

i also really want luis' van now
The guy Falcon was talking about was Ant-Man.

I must say I enjoyed the movie. I liked the heist feel and all the cool things they did with his small size. Loved that Falcon got a scene. I also liked how Hydra is still a player, looking forward to more of them in AoS. I swear I heard a Spider-Man tease towards the end.

I liked both the credits scenes. I had a feeling Wasp would be showing up. And that second one was awesome. I cannot wait for Civil War.

I have a question for you guys. Could you rank all the Marvel movies from worst to best?

1. The '70s Dr. Strange movie.
2. Twelve-way tie for DEAD LAST.

Civil War and Dr. Strange footage was just shown at D23. Marvel is being super strict with leaks. I haven't been able to see anything yet. They're acting a lot more aggressive than usual.

Civil War:
It begins with Falcon, Cap and Widow monitoring a marketplace
"Eyes on Target folks." Falcon launched Redwing - it's robotic, and he can look through it! It's Cap, Falcon, and Black Widow going after a bomber - Crossbones! Cap and Crossbones engage, while Falcon, with a massively upgraded suit, and Black Widow take out his thugs.
"This is for dropping a building on my face," Crossbones says to Cap. "You know, he remembered you. Your pal, your buddy, your Bucky."
We hear General Ross' voice
"The world owes you an unpayable debt," he says.
"But some people use the world vigilante"
"People are afraid"
Cap says, "We try to save as many as we can, but sometimes that doesn't mean everyone."
We see Bucky in the same room from the end of Ant-Man
A quick shot of Scarlet Witch
Vision, dressed in a tuxedo sitting by a chess board
There's a funeral. The coffin has a union jack on it.
Tony Stark looks at Cap
"Sometimes I want to punch you in your perfect teeth," he says
"Without boundaries," Stark says, "We're no better than the bad guys."
There's a shot of War Machine with Iron Man!
Cap's team gathers. Falcon, Scarlet Witch, and Hawkeye are there
Hawkeye vs. Black Widow!
"We're still friends, right?" asks Widow
"It depends on how hard you hit me!" says Hawkeye
Black Panther revealed! The only actual fight was between Black Widow and Hawkeye, but the others were shown charging at each other..
In a parking garage, Falcon opens a van's door. Scott Lang is inside, asleep
He jumps up and is super-excited to see Steve Rogers
"I'm shaking your hand too long," he says, overjoyed
"I know you, too" he says to Scarlet Witch, unable to take his eyes off cap, "You're great."
"I know you know a lot of super people," says Lang. ,"So thinks for thanking of me! I mean, thanks for thinking of me!"

Dr. Strange
"The comics do it all, traverse these worlds, traverse these directions, and with each film we try to expand that." He talked about Scott Derrickson, the director, and the cast including Tilda Swinton and Benedict Cumberbatch, the latter of whom sent a recorded greeting.
"I"m very lucky and excited to be playing Doctor Strange for Marvel. He's an extraordinary character and brings in whole new multiple dimensions to the Marvel Universe. It will bring a mind-blowing experience."
"You're going to get girls, cars, explosions, and a bit of astral projecting into multiple dimensions - the usual fare."
While the movie doesn't start filming until November, they brought concept art for us to see in a video.
Narration by the director says "he's the top neuro surgeon in the world, but has a car accident that mangles his hands. He goes on a quest looking for healing, looking to recover, and meets the Ancient One."
The concept art shows Strange going to the far east, then being transported to, as promised, multiple cimensions. Cars flying through the air in the city, Baron Mordo fighting him, and the full on red caped look straight out of the comics.
He's doing magic, pulling mighty magical chains, and no joke, that look was RIGHT out of the comics. Even a quick 1-second CGI shot of Strange shooting magic bolts capped it all off. Huge reaction from the crowd.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/25244/marvel_studios_phase_3_update?linkId=17794777

May 6, 2016 Captain America: Civil War
November 4, 2016 Doctor Strange
May 5, 2017 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
July 28, 2017 Untitled Spider-Man Film
November 3, 2017 Thor: Ragnarok
February 16, 2018 Black Panther
May 4, 2018 Avengers: Infinity War Part I
July 6, 2018 Ant-Man and the Wasp
March 8, 2019 Captain Marvel
May 3, 2019 Avengers: Infinity War Part II
Jul 12, 2019 Inhumans
May 1, 2020 ???
July 10, 2020 ???
November 6, 2020 ???

Hype

Haven't watched first ant-man yet, but a movie with wasp?? totally hyped. My dream of having all the avengers from Eartha mightiest heroes in the MCU is coming true

Back