Have we all had enough of the Miis?

What do you think of Miis constantly appearing in Mario games?

• It's a good idea.

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • They need to stop taking over the series.

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cap'n Long John Roberts said:
Hobbes said:
I don't like them outside their games. Their style doesn't match any other style, which makes them look bad on any game other than Wii Sports or stuff like that.
I totally agree with you.
Lakituthequick said:
I like them.
Alexneushoorn said:
I have no problem with Miis appearing in any Mario game.

You know the space the Miis are using in Mario games? That there could be something three times better, little boys! You are now in big trouble with me, misters!

Just kidding, you're entitled to your own opinion.
Yeah.

I don't really care, it's there for the little kids who see something similar to 'play as yourself' and want to buy it. I like playing as my Mii in spin-offs actually, if I can customize them like Mario Tennis Open.

Hobbes said:
I don't like them outside their games. Their style doesn't match any other style, which makes them look bad on any game other than Wii Sports or stuff like that.
That's bit irrelevant. Do you mean that they should be like Xbox avatars or past Mario human characters, who might have more sophisticated designs or fit in Mario series? Or you just don't like avatar system?

It you mean the former, that's what I said, the system still needs improvement to make most fans accept.

Peko Pekoyama said:
I don't really like Miis and would prefer them to stay away from the Mario games. Though if they remain optional, I can deal with them - I simply won't use them.
It comes to the reason I dislike Itadaki Street, both Miis or original SE avatars.

SKmarioman said:
I'm cool with Miis being in Mario games provided that they remain optional playable characters for spinoffs and nothing else. NSMBU was ridiculously close to crossing the line, at least story mode had no Miis.

Having that said, I certainly don't want Miis to appear at random as CPU players like MK7 did. If I don't want Miis to appear, then don't make them appear. NSMBU had a similar problem in Boost Rush mode.

And I don't want the generic humans back. They completely f*cked up MTPT to the point where it was barely even a Mario game.

I really agree with you on the generic humans. At least you can customize your Miis and play as Poopie Doo or even Crotch-Face Guy in a Mario game. However, those damned generic humans just screwed the heck out of Mario Tennis: Power Tour. Why replace all of those beloved Mario characters with random people who don't even seem like Mario characters? That's just annoying. On second thought, they should just keep the Miis. Now I agree Tucayo because Miis have a style that doesn't really match other styles. I also with SK Mario because that's almost pushing it with the Miis. Seriously, if Miis ever have to appear in the story mode of a mainstream game, this is what's going to happen:

Alexneushoorn said:

Please don't quote large posts and put just "Yeah" as a response.

Dorayaki said:
It comes to the reason I dislike Itadaki Street, both Miis or original SE avatars.

Thanks for reminding me of Fortune Street. F-ing Miis.

I really agree with you on the generic humans. Those danged generic humans just screwed the heck out of Mario Tennis: Power Tour. Why replace all of those beloved Mario characters with random people who don't even seem like Mario characters? That's just annoying.
That's another topic. Those games were meant to made for human athletes in their own story, so it's better to blame the staff for their story system.

Baby Luigi said:
Alexneushoorn said:

Dorayaki said:

Is something wrong with quoting long posts and typing a short message afterwards?

SKmarioman said:
I'm cool with Miis being in Mario games provided that they remain optional playable characters for spinoffs and nothing else. NSMBU was ridiculously close to crossing the line, at least story mode had no Miis.

Having that said, I certainly don't want Miis to appear at random as CPU players like MK7 did. If I don't want Miis to appear, then don't make them appear. NSMBU had a similar problem in Boost Rush mode.

And I don't want the generic humans back. They completely f*cked up MTPT to the point where it was barely even a Mario game.

I really agree with you on the generic humans. At least you can customize your Miis and play as Poopie Doo or even Crotch-Face Guy in a Mario game. However, those danged generic humans just screwed the heck out of Mario Tennis: Power Tour. Why replace all of those beloved Mario characters with random people who don't even seem like Mario characters? That's just annoying. On second thought, they should just keep the Miis. Now I agree Tucayo because Miis have a style that doesn't really match other styles. I also with SK Mario because that's almost pushing it with the Miis. Seriously, if Miis ever have to appear in the story mode of a mainstream game, this is what's going to happen:

Murdering Miis is so wrong :(

Alexneushoorn said:
Baby Luigi said:
Alexneushoorn said:

Dorayaki said:

Is something wrong with quoting long posts and typing a short message afterwards?

I don't know but there is something wrong with double posts.

Alexneushoorn said:
Baby Luigi said:
Alexneushoorn said:

Dorayaki said:

yes

Dorayaki said:
I really agree with you on the generic humans. Those danged generic humans just screwed the heck out of Mario Tennis: Power Tour. Why replace all of those beloved Mario characters with random people who don't even seem like Mario characters? That's just annoying.
That's another topic. Those games were meant to made for human athletes in their own story, so it's better to blame the staff for their story system.

So wait, they just come up with a random story about human athletes and just slap Mario all over it? That doesn't work. Sure something similar happened with Mario 2 (U.S.) but that actually influenced other games and those characters actually seem like Mario characters. Nintendo should have just given those humans their own game, not just disappoint those Mario Tennis fans by replacing eighty percent of the Mario characters. Also, LOL at the word "danged" when you quoted me. Well now back on topic.
Alexneushoorn said:
SKmarioman said:

I really agree with you on the generic humans. At least you can customize your Miis and play as Poopie Doo or even Crotch-Face Guy in a Mario game. However, those danged generic humans just screwed the heck out of Mario Tennis: Power Tour. Why replace all of those beloved Mario characters with random people who don't even seem like Mario characters? That's just annoying. On second thought, they should just keep the Miis. Now I agree Tucayo because Miis have a style that doesn't really match other styles. I also with SK Mario because that's almost pushing it with the Miis. Seriously, if Miis ever have to appear in the story mode of a mainstream game, this is what's going to happen:

I know but that video is too funny and I'd be willing to do that if this Mii Madness continues. Please Nintendo, may we just have a normal Mario game without the Miis and and just instead make "Super Mii-rio Bros." or something? Please do NOT bring the Miis in the classic mainstream games.

Poppy Bro Sr. said:
Alexneushoorn said:
Baby Luigi said:
Alexneushoorn said:

Dorayaki said:

yes

To clarify on this somewhat hypocritical post, typing non-substantial, one word messages such as "Yeah" is highly discouraged

Dorayaki said:

So wait, they just come up with a random story about human athletes and just slap Mario all over it? That doesn't work. Sure something similar happened with Mario 2 (U.S.) but that actually influenced other games and those characters actually seem like Mario characters. Nintendo should have just given those humans their own game, not just disappoint those Mario Tennis fans by replacing eighty percent of the Mario characters. Also, LOL at the word "danged" when you quoted me. Well now back on topic.
Alexneushoorn said:
SKmarioman said:

I know but that video is too funny and I'd be willing to do that if this Mii Madness continues. Please Nintendo, may we just have a normal Mario game without the Miis and and just instead make "Super Mii-rio Bros." or something? Please do NOT bring the Miis in the classic mainstream games.

Super Mii-rio Bros. sounds like a good game idea. Contact Mr. Miyamoto or Mr. Iwata to give him this idea.

Please Nintendo, may we just have a normal Mario game without the Miis and and just instead make "Super Mii-rio Bros." or something? Please do NOT bring the Miis in the classic mainstream games.
I dislike Miis being in NSMBU simply because I hate to see Nintendo think adding Miis is more important than improving the game itself.

However, if saying Miis shouldn't appear in any condition, that's abit going to extreme. I'd say Miis fit more in spinoffs than SMB games.

Dorayaki said:
Please Nintendo, may we just have a normal Mario game without the Miis and and just instead make "Super Mii-rio Bros." or something? Please do NOT bring the Miis in the classic mainstream games.
I dislike Miis being in NSMBU simply because I hate to see Nintendo think adding Miis is more important than improving the game itself.

However, if saying Miis shouldn't appear in any condition, that's abit going to extreme. I'd say Miis fit more in spinoffs than SMB games.

Miis really don't fit in any Mario games unless they're just there for loading file icons or something or if it's a crossover involving Mario. Now NSMBU would have been better if Nintendo focused on coming up with new music (sick of hearing NSMBW music), making the bosses harder, and anything else important for the series more than putting freaking Miis in there. I completely agree with you on that. I personally think Miis should not be invading the series and instead stay in the Mii games. However, it won't hurt to just kind of give Miis cameos or something in the series as long as they stay 99% out of the mainstream games. Like Tucayo said, the Miis have their own style that doesn't match any other style.

Come on, the Mii's stayed out of the main quest in NSMBU.

Miis aren't mandantory in most (if not all) Mario games so I really don't get why people are so against them.

NSMBU would have been better if Nintendo focused on coming up with new music (sick of hearing NSMBW music), making the bosses harder, and anything else important for the series more than putting freaking Miis in there.

That's still not a good excuse for me. Miis do not belong in the Mario universe.
About NSMBU, Miis are relevant with characters more I guess. For example, fans want a playable Toad which can be achieved by simply texture revised, more than the Mii system.

I said that Miis are kind of additional values. If you just say that Miis shouldn't be in liscensed games and can only own another series, it's meaningless because they were meant to be extensively used in all kinds of games. You should say that you don't like the system or their appearance design isn't good enough.

I can only agree that they shouldn't be in Mario games more than other games.

NSY said:

That's still not a good excuse for me. Miis do not belong in the Mario universe. For once, I actually agree with Game Dude.
So you don't even want them in spin offs?

NSY said:
NSY said:

That's still not a good excuse for me. Miis do not belong in the Mario universe. For once, I actually agree with Game Dude.

Obviously he does not. Even though that won't change. They're extras, I doubt they would put in more time to put a character there if they decided to ditch the Mii's. they're entire purpose is to please casual players. I see a shit ton of people online in MK7 play as their Mii's..

Crackin355 said:
NSY said:
NSY said:

Obviously he does not. Even though that won't change. They're extras, I doubt they would put in more time to put a character there if they decided to ditch the Mii's. they're entire purpose is to please casual players. I see a shit ton of people online in MK7 play as their Mii's..

I didn't mind Miis in Mario Kart Wii because hey, it is a Wii game and Miis are basically the icons for the Wii. I would be okay if Miis only appeared in that but they just appear again, and again, then finally they try to invade a mainstream game. Now that's going to far. Miis are all over the place and it's going a little too far, don't you think? Well hey, I can still have fun playing as Poopie-Doo or Crotch-Face Guy in a Mario game. :P

Back