Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones

I'm on the chapter "Queen of the white dunes" I forgot the chapter number. I got all the way to the throne room, wiped everybody out and tried to kill the boss guy(forgot his name) with the wind sword attack and failed. How do you beat this guy?

I tried to beat him with Gilliam who is a level 3 general and he almost got killed. I need some input.
By the way, I'm on Erika's path.

What I did was level grind Joshua into decently-leveled Swordmaster and had the two just wail on one another. If memory serves, Carlyle will never get a critical hit. I also had a healer equipped with some Physic staves to heal him from a distance.

Owain said:
What I did was level grind Joshua into decently-leveled Swordmaster and had the two just wail on one another. If memory serves, Carlyle will never get a critical hit. I also had a healer equipped with some Physic staves to heal him from a distance.

Thanks man, I'll try your strategy.

So I decided to download this and after only beating 2 chapters, I'm impressed.

I'm playing on easy, what is the difference between each difficulty.

I think Easy and Normal are the same, difficulty-wise, but Easy gives gameplay tips as you play.

NSY said:
So I decided to download this and after only beating 2 chapters, I'm impressed.

I'm playing on easy, what is the difference between each difficulty.

hard increases ai and i think damage too, otherwise not sure.

I've come to the point where I have to make a choice on who's route to take.

Who should I take because I can't decide myself.

NSY said:
I've come to the point where I have to make a choice on who's route to take.

Who should I take because I can't decide myself.

People say Eirika's for beginners, Ephraim's for advance players (I myself actually think Ephraim's side is easier but that might be because I've played/beaten the game 5 times). Also one big factor on how you do on both sides (especially Ephraim's) is if you grind quite a bit in the Tower of Valni (which you unlock after choosing a route)... so up to you to decide from there :P

Personally, I like Eirika's maps better but Ephraim has a more interesting story.

id take eirika's because for some reason if you take ephiraims, and when you encounter eirika again her stats are actually worse then what it would be if you would level her up normally, where this doesnt seem to apply when you encounter ephiraim again.

Erika needs a Valor up!

Better yet, a geno boost.

A kerokerocola might help too.

welp got all the way to chapter 16, amelia is a great knight because i wanted something new, ross is a hero, same deal, still working on ewan, eirika is maxed, loving neimi, made vanessa a wyvern knight for god knows why, colm is okay as an assassin but im not too sure about him atm, lute is good as always, and natasha is okay.

so yeah that sums up what i think about it atm, also gotta love that silver card.

I'm also on queen of the white dunes atm

I'm going to nail him with Seth, Dozla, Innes and Saleh. Fuck Carlyle.

Also, does anyone else find Eirika completely useless in this game when it comes to fighting?

The End said:
I'm also on queen of the white dunes atm

I'm going to nail him with Seth, Dozla, Innes and Saleh. Fuck Carlyle.

Also, does anyone else find Eirika completely useless in this game when it comes to fighting?

her stats seem to be more random then anybody elses. Ive had them be good at times and bad in most times.

Although she improves alot with her class change.

She's rather tough to train, imo. Heck, I was in Hamill Canyon, and when Pablo appeared on the ninth turn, he pulverised her from afar. I ended uphaving her well away from the western edge by that turn on my second turn, and I had Seth and Dozla waiting eagerly for him and his traitorous lads. It went well. I was still rather pissed off that he somehow survived me killing him in that revolt at carcino chapter. I mean, I watched him die, I'm annoyed.

Anyway, atm I'm still in jehanna hall, and I'm planning my strategy carefully. I'm planning on getting the berserk from the priest at the top of the hall. I'm sending in Rennac first to attack the soldier that's blocking the priest, and hopefully he won't die. When the priest comes to heal the soldier, I'll have Innes snipe the soldier from the back, and finally Seth rides in to take the berserk. Alternitively, if the priest uses berserk on Rennac, I'll have moulder near by, so that he can quickly heal him if need be.

psh why did you guys go the eirika route, ephraim is way cooler

Also FYI you can't obtain a Berserk (or Sleep, for that matter) staff as far as I know, unless you use the enemy control glitch. You can get a Silence staff though.

probably because the maps are more interesting in eirikas route.

plus ive used ephraim hordes of times anyway, then again same goes to eirika

but girls go first so there ya go.

so hey i was wondering if anyone can give me some friendly advice for this game.

i'm up to chapter 14 on ephriam's route, and i've been promoting people and stuff, and i need advice for my magic users.

atm i only have 1 guilding ring, and there are three magic users i want to promote: Lute, Artur, and Ewan. so i'm wondering the following things: how many more guilding rings can i get? if i can't get enough to promote all three of them, which should i promote? what do i promote them to? and lastly is there anyone else i should use them for instead?

if someone here who's played the game (and ephriam's route) could help me, i'd really appreciate it.

I began Eirika's route but haven't played past there. I should probably get back to that. I think I grinded all my troops to Level 10 (except for the better classes that take a long time to train). Colm(?) I believe is an Assassin now and Ross(?) is a Pirate. I don't really remember his name but the Horse-rider you get early is a Knight on a Horse (forgot the name, Great Knight?) and the archer girl is a sniper. I think I have the item to upgrade the Ax guy, not sure.

Anyway, I need to continue this game. I think I stopped because I didn't want to grind the low level party member you get at the port town (Amelia or something like that).

Fred said:
so hey i was wondering if anyone can give me some friendly advice for this game.

i'm up to chapter 14 on ephriam's route, and i've been promoting people and stuff, and i need advice for my magic users.

atm i only have 1 guilding ring, and there are three magic users i want to promote: Lute, Artur, and Ewan. so i'm wondering the following things: how many more guilding rings can i get? if i can't get enough to promote all three of them, which should i promote? what do i promote them to? and lastly is there anyone else i should use them for instead?

if someone here who's played the game (and ephriam's route) could help me, i'd really appreciate it.
i'm pretty sure you can get one on chapter 14, it's in one of the chests. make sure to recruit rennac, you can get him by talking to him with ephraim or l'arachel but you have to pay with ephraim.

and on chapter 15 there's a guy holding one, i think you have to steal it from him though

i know someone drops one on chapter 16 though

I would also advise waiting until level 20 to promote them for maximum awesomness. Lute is best as a Sage, Artur is good either way but Bishops are better vs monsters, and Ewan is probably best as a Shaman => Druid because he's the only Dark user besides Knoll. Who is terrible.

Fred said:
Those are really the only ones you need. Make Artur a Bishop; those deal (I think) double damage to monsters and is incredibly useful come endgame. Make Lute a Sage which has access to 2 different kinds of magic and staves. Have Ewan go Pupil -> Shaman -> Druid.

EDIT: dammit javelin ninjaing me

heh heh heh

Ewan is really best as Pupil => Pupil => Pupil, but you can't do that until after completing Ephraim and Eirika routes.

it's really awesome though trust me
Owain said:
Those are really the only ones you need. Make Artur a Bishop; those deal (I think) double damage to monsters and is incredibly useful come endgame.
Was it double or triple? I forget.

The only problem with Bishop is that I think the double bonus cancels out the triple bonus from Ivaldi, so you do more damage with that if you promote to Sage.

Dr. Javelin said:
make sure to recruit rennac, you can get him by talking to him with ephraim or l'arachel but you have to pay with ephraim.

ok, thanks for the info. i'll do that

Dr. Javelin said:
and on chapter 15 there's a guy holding one, i think you have to steal it from him though

this is kind of a dumb question, but how do i do that?

Dr. Javelin said:
Lute is best as a Sage, Artur is good either way but Bishops are better vs monsters, and Ewan is probably best as a Shaman => Druid because he's the only Dark user besides Knoll. Who is terrible.

thanks for that, i'll make sure to promote them that way

Dr. Javelin said:
I would also advise waiting until level 20 to promote them for maximum awesomness.

yeah, that's what i've been doing. i figured that they'd probably have better stats if i was patient and promoted them when they maxed out rather than promoting them at whatever level they were when i figured out how to promote.

Owain said:
EDIT: @#!*% javelin ninjaing me

thanks anyway :P

Fred said:
Dr. Javelin said:

this is kind of a dumb question, but how do i do that?
You have to move up to him with a Rogue or Thief (basically, only Rennac or Colm if he's unpromoted or promoted to Rogue) and there should be a Steal option in your menu that usually says Attack, Item, etc. You can then steal his item.
Fred said:
yeah, that's what i've been doing. i figured that they'd probably have better stats if i was patient and promoted them when they maxed out rather than promoting them at whatever level they were when i figured out how to promote.
Yeah, it really pays to promote later because of how high the stats can get. Ephraim usually maxes out several stats if you wait to promote him at level 20.

Back