Mario and Luigi: Dream Team

lol i didnt expect the game to be too long, glad it has pretty nice length though.

Although length isnt too important, its nice to enjoy the game for a good period of time before replaying.

cryoAwakening said:
Enemies don't leave that much room for error either.

The thing about this game is that it's pretty fast pace later in the game, which makes it really rough. If you battle new enemies, you have the potential to die easily because you don't know how to dodge the quick attacks. It's annoying, but it's actually really fun. I wouldn't call it much of a con as more of a pro since it's better than the previous games with the rather boring battles.

I think that the bros. attacks and Luiginary attacks are a little more...difficult to use as well, which is pretty much a con, as it's annoying to get the hang of them. They're definitely gimmicky, but if you don't master them, they kind of don't help much. I'll tell you though, when you figure out how to do the bomb derby, you have so much fun...

The characters are definitely witty, and the fact that there are so many characters and a lot of dialogue that changes as the game progresses is definitely a pro as opposed to the usual "character says only one thing the entire game."

Well, they already provide Boo Biscuits to familiarize yourself with enemy attacks (unless you're in a Giant Battle; you got to figure things out the hard way). There's also an accessory that negates damage three times, so that can help you time your dodging. I agree that the hardest part is experiencing the attack for the first time.

The Bros. and Luiginary attacks do feel gimmicky to use. For instance, the Luigi Tower Stack took me 5+ tries to get it perfect. That attack has a slim margin to 100%. I haven't played far enough, but I know that gyroscope controls are already being a pain in the kiester.

So, this question is for the people that have beaten the game and versed the final boss.

THE HELL?

Did any of you guys have the battle against Dreamy Bowser where he just spams the Dreamy enemies? I swear to god, when I finally destroy all of his minions while he restores his health, he's does that attack right after that, and at one point, and then once I defeated those guys, he would then do it again! I got really pissed off, because I thought the battle was great until I had to deal with that. I like a challenge, but I don't like cheap stuff like that. He literally was just spamming that, and basically he healed all the damage that I did to him.

Also, besides that attack, I love all his other attacks.

EDIT - BTW, I'm going to do a huge review of this game, just to warn you guys (I'll put it in spoilers).

cryoAwakening said:
So, this question is for the people that have beaten the game and versed the final boss.

THE HELL?

Did any of you guys have the battle against Dreamy Bowser where he just spams the Dreamy enemies? I swear to god, when I finally destroy all of his minions while he restores his health, he's does that attack right after that, and at one point, and then once I defeated those guys, he would then do it again! I got really pissed off, because I thought the battle was great until I had to deal with that. I like a challenge, but I don't like cheap stuff like that. He literally was just spamming that, and basically he healed all the damage that I did to him.

Also, besides that attack, I love all his other attacks.

EDIT - BTW, I'm going to do a huge review of this game, just to warn you guys (I'll put it in spoilers).
It happens randomly, the just use Ztee Egg then Fire Flower to take out the dreamy minions.

I hate the Gyroscope. It's fun in games which uses them lightly, but DT uses them too much. I hated

The Giant Giant Bowser, when you have to use the Gyro to dodge the fireballs. I had to try 10 times to finally get it. Thank goodness that the enemy attacks were easy to counter.. Or the Dimension-Crossing with the Zeekeeper. Like, you don't know how to use them perfectly, then you lose SO much HP...

The Earl of Millenium said:
I hate the Gyroscope. It's fun in games which uses them lightly, but DT uses them too much. I hated

The Giant Giant Bowser, when you have to use the Gyro to dodge the fireballs. I had to try 10 times to finally get it. Thank goodness that the enemy attacks were easy to counter.. Or the Dimension-Crossing with the Zeekeeper. Like, you don't know how to use them perfectly, then you lose SO much HP...
The problem is likely not that you're bad, it's that the gyroscope randomly stops working during Giant battles. Sometimes that can screw you over, you just gotta keep trying until the game decides it wants to work with you.

Most of the time, the gyroscope feels like a gimmick rather than something I enjoy and take seriously.

I've played a lot now It's really fun. I'm at the part here you have to get Dream Eggs. I have 2/3. The only thing in the game so far I haven't like is the giant battle with the mountain. Other than that it's great. According to my game clock I've been playing for 21 hours though I was just listening to the relaxing music in Munshrise Park for an hour. :)

I've been somewhat enjoying this game despite the whole nested fetch quests going on in wakeport. I'm only about 15 hours in but I'm glad that I've been putting almost every stat bonus into power and HP since if you die you can restart any battle and if you learn to dodge you wont need def or speed.

GymleaderBen said:
I've been somewhat enjoying this game despite the whole nested fetch quests going on in wakeport. I'm only about 15 hours in but I'm glad that I've been putting almost every stat bonus into power and HP since if you die you can restart any battle and if you learn to dodge you wont need def or speed.

You will not be able to do that in hard mode...

So
I'm at the giant battle with bowser and I got really frustrated because I kept getting to the last part and the gyros wouldn't work so I kept being killed. It also happened in the Zeekeeper battle but it wasn't as bad there. I've just got the latest system update so I'm hoping it fixed it.

A lot of people including myself have had this problem that.

Reason: Your not holding the 3DS correctly. I will give it to you that the game did explain at poorly.

NSY said:
A lot of people including myself have had this problem that.

Reason: Your not holding the 3DS correctly. I will give it to you that the game did explain at poorly.

Yup. I only figured it out lately. I was holding it wrong, and kept crashing...

So I just beat the game. These are my stats. I'm pretty happy with them

Time to Clear: 44:36
Mario's Final Level: 42
Luigi's Final Level: 40
Excellent Rate: 89%
Block-Recovery Rate: 75%
Enemies Defeated: 5164
Escapes: 1 (I did this to see the animation for it)
Times KO'd: 20
Times Damaged: 1632
Mushrooms Eaten: 168

So yeah I would say I'm pretty good at most of the game.

so dreamy mount pajamaja or whatever the fuck its called

the game is already royally unfair

for me the tilting sometimes fucks up every few seconds and the luiginary hammer has decided that it hates me so it stops working right when I'm about to attack

so yeah fuck this game

What do you like about the game?

The giant battles in this have received very odd reception.

NSY said:
What do you like about the game?

The giant battles in this have received very odd reception.
because apart from the first one they just aren't fun at all. That's one of the things that lets down an otherwise great game.

I definitely found the Giant Battles to be a lot of fun as well, and I thought they were more creative and more interactive than the Giant Battles from BiS. Did I think they needed a bit of tweeking in some parts? Yes, but overall I thought they kept you interested.

However, I did find that you not gaining any experience points for it was quite the letdown.

Gosh, I really need to get my review done for this so I can just voice everything. :P

I loved Dream Team's giant battles. Only on one occasion did they frustrate me, and that seemed to be a one-off.

Back