Mario and Luigi: Dream Team

It's possible Bowser's Inside Story sold a little less well because of the boring boxart that is probably over-looked by some uninformed shoppers. Isn't the point of box art to grab the consumer's attention?

Sometimes, simple is the way to go to grab attention. Some movie posters, for instance, do this method. Still, I recommend any color that doesn't blend with paper. Maybe they can counter the white background with a red box or something if they really want to go that way.

I know sometimes you shouldn't make boxarts overly complex but you shouldn't make them disgustingly simple either

This was on deviantart, so it might very well be fake, but everyone is talking about it like it's real, so... This is apparently the Canadian box-art. Oddly rated E10+, something new for a M&L game. Notice the snot-bubble on Luigi is gone. Also the "language notice" or whatever that is is in a weird place...
mario_and_luigi__dream_team_us_box_art__real_by_machrider14-d67oq7q.jpg

King Antasma said:
This was on deviantart, so it might very well be fake, but everyone is talking about it like it's real, so... This is apparently the Canadian box-art. Oddly rated E10+, something new for a M&L game. Notice the snot-bubble on Luigi is gone. Also the "language notice" or whatever that is is in a weird place...
mario_and_luigi__dream_team_us_box_art__real_by_machrider14-d67oq7q.jpg

1 - I can't see the image.

2 - If it's on deviantart, it is basically confirmed fanart, so I wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

Bilbo Baggins said:
cryoAwakening said:
1 - I can't see the image.
why not

...I dunno...for some reason, I can see it now.

But yeah, if you look at the dream bubble of all the Luigi's, you can see the shading different from the Japanese Boxart, as the colors look almost blending in some areas, which is a big sign that it was probably photoshopped, so yeah, I would dismiss the image.

King Antasma said:
I just found the same image on the wiki

should that be deleted

It's unsourced, so I think until we get a source, it shouldn't be here.

King Antasma said:
I just found the same image on the wiki

should that be deleted

Unless they provided a reliable source for the image, then it should not be on the Wiki.

EDIT - Darn it LGM, ninja'd me.

However, L151 - who has been known to show reliable images - was the one to post the image. We might want to see where she got it.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=204030

Source?

I dunno...there is no snot bubble, and there is some different cel-shading from the Japanese box, so I'm not sure if it is just me right now or if it is just a really good fanart.

But if it is true, then that means that all areas will get a simple boxart; which isn't bad, as it makes for unity, but I dunno...

King Antasma said:
I wanted a box-art like SS and PIT's...

Yeah, I didn't like Bowser's Inside Story's. It feels like I can do that boxart in a few minutes. I also looks like Mario Kart Wii's box art.

La Marionette said:
King Antasma said:
I wanted a box-art like SS and PIT's...

Yeah, I didn't like Bowser's Inside Story's. It feels like I can do that boxart in a few minutes. I also looks like Mario Kart Wii's box art.
And Mario Kart DS had box-art like that if I remember correctly. Kart 7 to a lesser degree, it still had some background details and other characters...

12 July is the date we'll get it in stores here, which is okay, as I want to get New Super Luigi U first.

This is source. I uploaded the box cover eariler before the deviantart user uploaded it from the source. So the box cover isn't not fanmade.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE SNOT

ok seriously though i wish they had used the SS/PiT styled boxart,it looks better imo

Bilbo Baggins said:
ok seriously though i wish they had used the SS/PiT styled boxart,it looks better imo
Your opinion, along with basically everyone else's.

But hey, who knows? It's possiblt that it's not the final box art design.

YoshiKong said:
Bilbo Baggins said:
Your opinion, along with basically everyone else's.

But hey, who knows? It's possiblt that it's not the final box art design.
we can only hope and dream about it

here is apparently the official cover of the uk version of the game

this looks much more official

2h1lZ.png

so, seeing as it looks almost exactly like the "official" NA boxart, i'd say that image actually is official artwork

whatever the case, i'm just throwing my two cents in

Just like the UK is the only European country who gets the game...

Back