Mario and Luigi: Dream Team

Cackletta said:
I want cackletta. if the game takes place in luigis dreams, she could be a nightmare, right?

We can only hope, but at the same time you got to realize that Nintendo can only make so many things come true, meaning that there may be a likelihood that Crackletta doesn't return to the game, so I wouldn't get my hopes up too high, though Nintendo has proven to please the fans in the M&L series, so we can only hope. I mean, there are Beanish people in the game, but I'm not sure how much they are going to bring back from the Superstar Saga game.

No offense at all, but I hope that they focus on some new characters that we'll love and enjoy before they bring too many of the old characters back into the games, you know what I mean? Like, I don't mind cameos or a small sidequests like the Shroobs in BiS, but I don't want the game to become too focused on all the past things in the M&L games and not bring anything new to the table.

It's recently been confirmed that Bowser will be appearing in the game in some way, shape, or form. I just hope he'll actually have a personality this time, as in, doing something other than laughing or growling, unlike Sticker Star.

Neptune 2.0 said:
That was the one thing missing from BiS - Yoshi.

That's a good thing about the game

Well that's surprising news.

Cackletta said:
I want cackletta.
Me too, but you should be content with what you get. Fawful (my favorite character) hasn't been confirmed, yet I still think this will be an amazing game. I'm not complaining. Yes, it would be nice if he and Cackletta were in. No, it's not the only thing keeping me interested. Mario Kart, on the other hand...

King Antasma said:
Cackletta said:
I want cackletta.
Me too, but you should be content with what you get. Fawful (my favorite character) hasn't been confirmed, yet I still think this will be an amazing game. I'm not complaining. Yes, it would be nice if he and Cackletta were in. No, it's not the only thing keeping me interested. Mario Kart, on the other hand...
Well, Antasma looks a lot like Cackletta. Just pointing that out.

Solar Blaze said:
It's recently been confirmed that Bowser will be appearing in the game in some way, shape, or form. I just hope he'll actually have a personality this time, as in, doing something other than laughing or growling, unlike Sticker Star.
Heck yeah. He is so hilarious in all the other RPGs.

New Super Mario said:
He (she?) bears similarities to past villains of the first three Mario & Luigi games. Since Antasma is some sort of nightmare, I bet he's a combination of the villains that the characters fear the most.

YoshiKong said:
New Super Mario said:
He (she?) bears similarities to past villains of the first three Mario & Luigi games. Since Antasma is some sort of nightmare, I bet he's a combination of the villains that the characters fear the most.
Or he's just a completely new villain because Mario games have no continuity whatsoever. Notice in BIS Fawful never mentioned Cackletta even once.

King Antasma said:
because Mario games have no continuity whatsoever.
Not true.

King Antasma said:
Notice in BIS Fawful never mentioned Cackletta even once.
Maybe Fawful moved on from the demise of Cackletta? But meh that's just empty speculation.

YoshiKong said:
King Antasma said:
because Mario games have no continuity whatsoever.
Not true.
OK, so they have some continuity, but not that affects the storyline or major characters in any significant way. (Fawful was minor in PiT.)
Bilbo Baggins said:
King Antasma said:
Mario games have no continuity whatsoever.
that's only true with the mainstream games
And with the RPG's, see above

I think they should have a cackletta nightmare boss. like in superstar saga, they could have a time when you fight a bunch of bosses and do short puzzles in between them just before the final boss. they could be the past final bosses of all other M&L games. like fawful, and princess shroob and CACKLETTA

Cackletta said:
I think they should have a cackletta nightmare boss. like in superstar saga, they could have a time when you fight a bunch of bosses and do short puzzles in between them just before the final boss. they could be the past final bosses of all other M&L games. like fawful, and princess shroob and CACKLETTA
I would enjoy that, but I find it unlikely. Then again, Antasma does look like a combination of them...

For those of us who are fans of the Mario females, does anyone love that picture of Peach sleeping on one of those pillows? That is just so beautiful, IMO.

MeritC said:
For those of us who are fans of the Mario females, does anyone love that picture of Peach sleeping on one of those pillows? That is just so beautiful, IMO.

Well it is peach after all.

Despite coming a bit late in this thread, I'm surprised its getting released so soon, so this might be my first 3ds game i pick up.

Only thing that seems meh is the boxart, but otherwise lookin' good.

looks like we finally have our official NA boxart, as seen in some target store

MarioLuigi%20Dream%20Team.jpg

so, the image on the wiki needs updating when this artwork gets officially released

argh, this whole boxart fiasco is crazed

Maybe there could be a "stylish" command where the bros' hats drop on the enemy and do slight damage to it. (I got the idea from Luigi's Level Up from BIS.)

The Undertaker said:

so, the image on the wiki needs updating when this artwork gets officially released

Mario and Luigi look more like they did in the past games on this one. Or maybe it's just the photo...

The Undertaker said:

I LOVED THAT GOLD.

So has anyone found the Bowser artwork for this game yet? I know it exists--it is in this picture:
4961818020627.jpg

but is there any artwork of just Bowser (like there is of the other characters) that anyone has found yet?

It's not available on any of the press sites I'm looking at now. Last update was 4th of June, and we've got all the assets to date. (Gallery:Mario & Luigi: Dream Team)

Though, I'm not sure about Nintendo Japan's press site. I don't know the site url.

Back